• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Between the BLs (Biggest Loser) Summer Challenge 2010 Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I hope you are all enjoying your week off. I don't have that luxury. My challenge at school doesn't end until next Friday. I am not happy about it since I have to go to a retirement dinner the night before. I think I am going to be too nervous too eat. I have to give a speech since one of the retirees is a guy from my department. He has been here since the building opened in 1976 and I startedin 1977.

I guess I will go easy on myself on Sat since it is my birthday.

Have a nice SUunday everyone.

So I know I'll be able to get some great advice from you all as I start that process that right now really scares me almost to death. But I heard a wise woman (Mary Ellen Edmunds) once say that you should do something every day that scares you half to death... so I'll be working up to tackle that one :cool1:
:) Liz

Well, I've accomplished that goal. I got on the scale after a night of indulgence.:scared1: We won't talk about the results. We went to a cookout to celebrate one of my dear friend's husband's return from Iraq. I rarely drink, but somehow over the course of the night I consumed an entire bottle of wine and 2 cups of sangria. Count in the food and :sick:. I hope to get it off very quickly, I will NOT lose this clippie! I am determined to start this challenge with at least the same weight as I had Friday.

I want to share something with you guys. Yesterday, when I took DDs to mom to keep for the night, she gave me a card. I had forgotten that Daddy told me he would give me $100 if I lost 50lbs. It was in the card, with a note about how Daddy would have been proud, and this was from him. I think that emotional start to the night was what set me off! While he was in the hospital, he asked me to wear his watch for him, and I did. I kept it on for about 2 months after he died, to remind myself that in time, I will see him again, and time has to go on. I think I'm going to put that money towards a citizen Mickey watch when I go to WDW, it would be a nice reminder.

Well, I've accomplished that goal. I got on the scale after a night of indulgence.:scared1: We won't talk about the results. We went to a cookout to celebrate one of my dear friend's husband's return from Iraq. I rarely drink, but somehow over the course of the night I consumed an entire bottle of wine and 2 cups of sangria. Count in the food and :sick:. I hope to get it off very quickly, I will NOT lose this clippie! I am determined to start this challenge with at least the same weight as I had Friday.

I want to share something with you guys. Yesterday, when I took DDs to mom to keep for the night, she gave me a card. I had forgotten that Daddy told me he would give me $100 if I lost 50lbs. It was in the card, with a note about how Daddy would have been proud, and this was from him. I think that emotional start to the night was what set me off! While he was in the hospital, he asked me to wear his watch for him, and I did. I kept it on for about 2 months after he died, to remind myself that in time, I will see him again, and time has to go on. I think I'm going to put that money towards a citizen Mickey watch when I go to WDW, it would be a nice reminder.

That watch would be a GREAT keepsake.... both of your memories of your Dad and of your continued success on leading a healthier lifestyle! Nice idea..........P

Thanks, Lisa, for already putting me in for this challenge! I just spent the last long while this afternoon catching up over here--can't believe it's already 8 pages long! Looks like this one will move quickly too :)

Thank you for volunteering to coach! :goodvibes

You will love the C25K when you are ready. When I started the C25K I was in the 240's and now am in the 220's so it can be done. My knees, hips and ankles hurt but I recover quickly now. I want to try to get some swimming in to help move things along. I know that my running will be so much easier when I have less weight to cart around.

Hi everyone. I hope you are all enjoying your week off. I don't have that luxury. My challenge at school doesn't end until next Friday. I am not happy about it since I have to go to a retirement dinner the night before. I think I am going to be too nervous too eat. I have to give a speech since one of the retirees is a guy from my department. He has been here since the building opened in 1976 and I startedin 1977.

I guess I will go easy on myself on Sat since it is my birthday.

Have a nice SUunday everyone.

Good luck with your speech, donac! :thumbsup2

:hug: That is a great way to remember your Daddy, Taryn.

Have a wonderful Sunday all!

I'm going to start regularly posting on this board now!

I have just set the date for my final goal weight! That date is August 6, one week before my 40th birthday! My final goal weight will be 145 with a bonus for 140! That gives me plenty of time.

Of course now I'm going to indulge in a hot fudge sundae to top off my weekend!

3 mile walk planned in the morning to get myself going again!

Happy Sunday!

Wow, I was crying just reading this. No wonder you over induldged:goodvibes

Go easy on yourself... He is proud of you :hug:

Got up at 5:15 and went on a 2 to 3 mile walk with my neighbor including a really large hill. I'm going to try and be good today. Will be home most of the day cleaning. I may try and do some additional exercise depending on how my cleaning goes. Busy afternoon with dancing and soccer evaluations for DD1. Going to be warm today and tomorrow! Got the acs in yesterday so we will be ready!

I guess I'd better get over here and start posting! I don't want to miss out on the new thread!

Maria :upsidedow
I was thinking the exact same thing.

:hug:I'm sure he is smiling down on you.
Thanks! And thanks Taryn! We did it - didn't get swept!!! Woo hoo! I was slow but not as slow as I thought I would be, finished around 57 minutes. DD ran the last part and can hardly walk now. :( But we did it!
Congrats to you and your dd. Glad she was able to do it with her injury. Is she doing ok with that?

Just sayin hi this morning. Hoping to carry over my weight from friday to this friday's starting weight. Or I should say lose my weekend gain by friday. ;)Have a great day.:)

Found you all! :goodvibes I knew there was some posting going on here but did not realize we were all jumping in...feels good to have a fresh start coming up.

I ended BL9 with a gain and gained over the weekend. I know I tried to come up with a plan to deal with the stress of today's interview but obviously it did not work. I am going to try to not dwell on the weight gain but rather look at the positive...

I lost 35.5 pounds during BL9! When I think about that weight, it is huge. I am hoping that I will be able to reach goal during the summer challenge. My goal will be 14.5 pounds.

Have a happy Monday everyone!
Jen

:hug: That is great. :hug:

Kathy - her Seven's seems to be better. She was super sore after the race, I probably should have made her stay home, but she iced it and we've been making her stay off it (with help from a little duct tape! :rotfl:) and trying to remember to remind her to stretch. I didn't even have to wrap it yesterday or today, so that's great. Tomorrow is the big test at cheer.;)

happysmyly - the great thing about the c25k is it's your own pace. I am super slow and when I was doing it I think I was "running" around 4 - 4.5 mph and walking around 3. I figured build up my muscles and speed will come later. Once I decided that was okay and went slow it was much easier for me! You can do it!:woohoo:

Beautiful! This made me feel so happy for you and I think getting the Mickey watch is perfect!

OOOHHH! I'm so excited! They've finally released the December Park Hours so I can start planning my trip! This is going to be a great week!!!!!

Hey everyone, this is my first challenge. I am so excited. I have been doing WW for 4 wks (as of last weigh in on 5/17) I am down 9.2lbs I have a goal of 60 total. I am running and today just completed 3.1 miles in 38 minutes. Not the best time but hey at least I am doing it right? My goal is to complete the disney princess 1/2 in 2011. I dont care how long it takes me just so I dont get swept. Currently my pace is a little over 12 min/mile so hopefully I can do it. I am so glad to have found these boards. You all are so inspirational and Im glad to have a support network to help me meet my goals.

Have a great day!

Found you all! :goodvibes I knew there was some posting going on here but did not realize we were all jumping in...feels good to have a fresh start coming up.

I ended BL9 with a gain and gained over the weekend. I know I tried to come up with a plan to deal with the stress of today's interview but obviously it did not work. I am going to try to not dwell on the weight gain but rather look at the positive...

I lost 35.5 pounds during BL9! When I think about that weight, it is huge. I am hoping that I will be able to reach goal during the summer challenge. My goal will be 14.5 pounds.

Have a happy Monday everyone!
Jen

WOO Wooo!! Congrats on the 35.5 loss!! :cool1: :cool1:

I'm on fire today! By 10 am I have walked 2-3 miles, cleaned the storage room, family room, laundry room and the hall closet! If I can get enough done I can start planning my itinerary for our upcoming trip sometime today. Starting on the living room, dining room and kitchen and will also do the bathroom closet. PMS is hitting full force maybe because I was so bad this weekend but at least I'm accomplishing things for a change. Gotta run out later to sign the girls up for the bus for next year as I forgot to do it this morning.

Time for my protein drink! Have an incredible day everyone!:woohoo:

I would like to join this challenge too.

I already posted on the other thread details of why I ended up not completing the last one.

But I did my 5k yesterday and am ready to start again.

Linda

:tinker::donald:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter