Better to go on a party day or not??

Casey LC

Earning My Ears
Having second thoughts about what days we are going to which park. We are going the week after Thanksgiving and right now plan to go to the Magic Kingdom three days....Monday the 27th open 9-12, Tuesday night the 28th for MVMCP, and Saturday Dec 2nd, open 8-12. I am locked into Saturday because we have reservations for HEA dessert party but now i’m having second thoughts about Monday the 27th because of how busy I hear non party days can be. I can switch that MK day to Sunday the 3rd which is a party day and as of right now still get decent fast passes on that day, I’m just worried about not getting a full experience because of the short hours on a party day and also I kinda would like to have a MK full day at the beginning of the trip but that is a secondary concern. Any advice? Is a non party day SO busy that even having the extended hours wouldn’t be worth it?

Switch to the party day. Especially since you are seeing HEA another night.

I suggest you check out Josh from "Easy WDW" and his blog because he just released two long posts with beautiful pictures of the difference between a party day and a non-party day, complete with waits if doing a rope drop start. It is ASTONISHING how much more crowded the non-party day is. Josh just released the party day entry today, and he has a link to the other. It is unbelievable how many more people are there for the longer day. Yes, you would have more hours, but will get more done with less frustration on a short day.

Also, if you have a park hopper, you can go in just for the fireworks on the longer day if you want to see the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter