Better than Visa Magic Code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you know, all we can go by is the anecdotal evidence that that dozens of DISers who have already called on the code (AND PLEASE DO NOT CALL AGAIN!!!) who were told that it was "complementary". You don't have to get snarky about it.

Snarky? That was not my intention at all and I apologize if you took my post that way. Your prior post had stated that it was established that the 67 code was a public code. To me, a public code means it is available for all of the public to use, much like the ones that are listed on Mousesavers. I was acutally hoping that I missed something somewhere about this code in the numerous threads that established that it was, indeed, a public code so I could use it but it sounds like you are stating this is a public code because of the many posters that have used this code successfully. I truly wish everyone success who decides to use the code based on posters past successes. For me, Rita1965's email from National is the nail in the coffin for this 67 code for me.

Goofy4tink has been around for a long time (I mean on these boards - no idea how old you are!) and I believe goofy gave very sound advice as well.

Over the years I have gotten lots of useful information on the Dis...including information from this thread....but now IMHO...it's become nothing more than beating a dead horse...
beatingA_DeadHorse.gif
on this thread.

Good luck to everyone.....I am going to unsubscribe.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m19/kristineNaj/71376235BISOnVbQbeatdeadhorse.gif

Bottom line: Find a good code? Keep it to yourself!

But that's not what the Dis is all about.:confused: Also the OP made a typo and that's how it was discovered. Read her 1st post. She asks if anyone knows any info about the code.
We could all keep everything to ourselves but then what would we talk about here?
It's 95 and muggy here. What's it like near you? Hot and muggy too? Oh, okay...;)

I agree that IF I found a great code I would NOT post it here.
IF some CM goes out of the way to do something special for us I will not post it here.
IF I get anything free, I will not post it here.
If I order an amazing cake and it is perfect I will not post it here.

Why?
The beat a dead horse effect.
The take a good thing and question it so many times that it disappears for everyone.
And the DEMAND a magical moment concept that runs rampant here.

Nope, not playing along. I will read and sometimes I might borrow an idea or two, but I will not be part of the demand a freebie frenzy here on the Dis.

I posted back in April almost 3 months ago, keep calling folks and you will lose this code. I was basically told by a couple of posters, that I did not know what I was talking about.
Would National have let this code slide by? Probably. But they received soooo many calls on it, they had to act on it.
Some will be questioned about it and others will get away with it, for a while. That's just the way things go.

On to the next new code and let the phone calls begin.

Nope, I do not use these codes.

Just wanted to post something I noticed on the National website today. I have skimmed this thread, so don't know if this was mentioned.

I was just playing around with codes/coupons today. When I entered in just the 67 code, I got a quote with no "disclaimer" in red at the top. When I entered in a Costco code (we are members) I had a red note at the top stating I would have to show proof in order to get the discount.

If you were required to show ID in order to use the 67 code wouldn't there be a disclaimer when you go through the booking process like there was for the Costco discount?

I still haven't decided what we are going to do. Has anyone been successful at the Car Care center?

Just wanted to post something I noticed on the National website today. I have skimmed this thread, so don't know if this was mentioned.

I was just playing around with codes/coupons today. When I entered in just the 67 code, I got a quote with no "disclaimer" in red at the top. When I entered in a Costco code (we are members) I had a red note at the top stating I would have to show proof in order to get the discount.

If you were required to show ID in order to use the 67 code wouldn't there be a disclaimer when you go through the booking process like there was for the Costco discount?

Not necessary.
National at any time can ask to see the proper ID for any code.

Man I am soooo confused now!!!! Is there a public code that can be used and is there is coupon. I am looking for July 18-July 21. thx all

Actually, I would check with your credit card company and personal auto carrier. Usually all other insurance is void if the rental agency coverage is accepted. If you are in an accident and the rental agency determines that you were not eligible for the code/free insurance, you will be responsible for damages out of pocket. I work in insurance claims and my company had a large program for car rental agencies several years back and that is how it worked then.

This comment and all like them makes no SENSE!!! If you rent a car and your credit card covers your insurance but you accept FREE INCLUDED insurance from the car rental company and then the car rental company turns around and DECLINES coverage then it's like having no insurance and the credit card should step in.

My apologies if this has been over covered but I'm only at pg 25 and I am frustrated with hearing people say your credit card is going to leave you in a bad situation when the insurance was supposed to be included in a rate and then later declined it.

I am a Emerald Club member and I emailed the Emerald Club thru National's website and told them I had a reservation with the 57 code. I gave them my reservation # and my dates. I had asked if this code is complimentary and I asked if this code can be used by anybody and they replied, "the code is complimentary, you will be able to use the code on your reservation" I have it in writing and I got the customer service agent name.
Is that enough???

I am a Emerald Club member and I emailed the Emerald Club thru National's website and told them I had a reservation with the 57 code. I gave them my reservation # and my dates. I had asked if this code is complimentary and I asked if this code can be used by anybody and they replied, "the code is complimentary, you will be able to use the code on your reservation" I have it in writing and I got the customer service agent name.
Is that enough???

I don't know. Some people on the multiple boards are going to tell you it's the 67 code, others, the 57 code. I don't think either was meant for the US public, because of the inclusion of insurance. You've got the name of a helpful customer service agent. National rental car will have your signature on a contract representing you're eligible for the rate.

I wish National would come out with some verifiable general public codes.

This comment and all like them makes no SENSE!!! If you rent a car and your credit card covers your insurance but you accept FREE INCLUDED insurance from the car rental company and then the car rental company turns around and DECLINES coverage then it's like having no insurance and the credit card should step in.

Not really the same. Rental companies may refuse to honor the terms of the included waivers if the driver doesn't observe the terms of the rental agreement. That could include an unauthorized driver, violating laws (speeding, DWI) or even driving "off road". There is at least one poster on FT that found the rental car company wouldn't provide coverage because the renter wasn't eligible to use the code the car was booked under. It's not clear what coverage, if any the cc company will extend.

The credit card companies are clear, decline the rental car coverage and they'll cover you or accept the rental agency waivers and the agency will cover you.

I wouldn't expect a credit card company would normally take the time to investigate the reason why the rental agency refused the claim nor would they care. They have a valid reason not to pay the claim and I'd expect they would.

Rental agencies might not take the time to verify every renter is entitled to use the code (qualifies for the rate class they claim they're entitled to use) but they sure can take a few minutes and check those renters who are involved in an accident.

the 57 code and the 67 code are complimentary, meaning anybody can use them. That's what I got from National via email...like I said on the above post, I got the name of the customer service agent who answered the question for me. I got this in writing.
The included insurance is a little worrisome...why would they include insurance. And on my Emerald Club profile, I have declined all insurance, how does that factor into everything???

the 57 code and the 67 code are complimentary, meaning anybody can use them. That's what I got from National via email...like I said on the above post, I got the name of the customer service agent who answered the question for me. I got this in writing.
The included insurance is a little worrisome...why would they include insurance. And on my Emerald Club profile, I have declined all insurance, how does that factor into everything???

If National was really truly giving away free insurance to the general public "complimentary", wouldn't the travel sites (like Frommer's, Trip Adviser, Yahoo and so on) be ablaze with the news? Just my opinion on this, others will probably disagree.
Poster Lewisc explains the insurance very well.

Personally, I wouldn't necessarily assume anything I got in an email was absolutely accurate if I was going to be required to sign a contract. I want to be able to independently verify any code-ie go to National's website and view it, or go to a specific group or vendor I belong to and check it, or view it at a site like walmart which lists codes for anyone.

Generally insurance is included in negotiated contract IDs for companies. My understanding is that these contract IDs are for employees of specific companies, hence the inclusion.

My contract IDs include insurance as well. They also cover additional drivers working for the same organization/company, but do not cover other drivers if they do not work for that company.

My definition of 'complimentary' differs from other posters, however that may be due to my ESL status. To me complimentary does not mean 'open to the general public' or 'free from restrictions' but rather 'at no charge', much as the term 'complimentary room' means a hotel room at no charge.

It's been established that those codes are for employees of a large TA. The rate, and included coverage, is probably designed to get those people to try National out, so they can suggest it for there customers. You don't see this code listed on mousesavers.

Extra coverages are a BIG MONEY MAKER for the rental agencies. You're right, there isn't any reason in the world why they would be included in a rate code intended for the general public, particularly a code that offers large discounts.

Complementary might mean you don't have to pay a fee to National to use that code, unlike the Emerald Club which has a fee. Prehaps its implied you will be able to use the code if you're an employee of TS. How else would you even know about the code? I ask about a AAA rate, they tell me no problem it's a valid code. I think it's understood I have to be a AAA member to use the code, even if the National employee doesn't spell it out.

I don't think anyone can tell you what will happen if you have an accident.

Is that enough???

I don't know. Some people on the multiple boards are going to tell you it's the 67 code, others, the 57 code. I don't think either was meant for the US public, because of the inclusion of insurance. You've got the name of a helpful customer service agent. National rental car will have your signature on a contract representing you're eligible for the rate.

I wish National would come out with some verifiable general public codes.

I talked to National representative and asked if I could decline the insurance while using the code. she said no. She said insurance comes with the code and can not be declined

If this is the case then you have National dead to rights. If you try to decline insurance with this code and they say no you can't but still allow you to leave the lot under this contract (even though people say you are not authorized) and you get into an accident how can they have a case in court?

Judge: So National, you say that you won't cover the insurance even though it was included in the contract?

National: Yes your honor, the person in question was not authorized to use this code.

Judge: But you let them leave the lot using this code?

National: Yes your honor, it was very busy and it slipped by us.

Judge: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

National: :confused: :confused:

Judge: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

National: :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Judge: If you let them leave under this code, you have accepted the conditions of this driver under this code.

National: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

YOU: :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter