Better late than never? A hazy 6 week TR Oct/Nov 2016 - Updated 11/5 Wrap Up

Part 12 – Not even a little bit scared

So, it was finally time for my first Halloween Horror Nights. I should start by saying that Halloween is not really a thing in Australia. I’d been in the US twice before at Halloween (once as a kid and once as an adult) but I’d never done anything like HHN before. And because I knew how busy it would be this close to Halloween, I’d booked for two nights so I didn’t have to rush through.

Let’s start at the start of the night – there are two options to enter. If you just have a HHN ticket you have to wait outside until the event starts. The second option is what I did – if you have a park ticket, they have areas called stay and scream – they’re basically holding pens where guests can wait between the park closing for the event and the night actually starting.

I started my night off in the holding area outside the Simpsons area. While waiting I grabbed a snack to keep my going for the night – hummus and veggies.

About 10-15 minutes before the event was due to start, they let us go in and so I headed off to my first house.

I started with one of the most popular houses that year – Halloween: Hell comes to Haddonfield. It was well done but I’m not a fan of the movies so most of the details were lost on me.

Just across the way was one of the non-IP houses and that was next – Tomb of the Ancients.

I think I managed to get both of those houses done within the first 30 minutes.

I then kept making my way around the park and next up was the Texas Chain Saw Massacre.

The next house was probably my least favorite and that was that year’s 3D house – Lunatics Playground. The 3D added nothing and honestly distracted from the scares.

I realized pretty soon that I don’t actually get scared in haunted houses. My problem is my brain is way too logical and I can see ahead where all the scare actors are going to pop out. But I figured out that even if I don’t get scared, I can still enjoy myself – how? By watching other people freak out – that was honestly the best part!

The next stop was not a house but a show – Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure. Honestly the show was awful – I knew it was pop culture heavy, but all the jokes just fell completely flat.

I stopped to get a drink and my souvenir cup which featured that year’s icon – Chance. It was delicious and it lit up so of course I loved it.

I continued my way around the park through my first scare zone – Lair of the Banshee. And then kept going onto the next one – Dead Man’s Wharf.

The next house was Walking Dead but it was a 2 hour wait and I don’t like the show, so I skipped that one (that ended up being the only one I didn’t do over the two nights).

The line for the next non-IP house wasn’t bad so I managed to get through Ghost Town: The Curse of Lightning Gulch as well.

It was almost time for the other live show, so I headed through the last two scare zones, Survive or Die Apocalypse and Chance in Hell, and found a spot near the front of the stage for Academy of Villains: House of Fear.

These guys were absolutely incredible. I hear that it’s gotten a little stale now that they’ve been their four years, but this was the first year I believe, and I absolutely loved the show.

By then it was getting late and I knew I was coming back the next night, so I decided to call it a night and head back to the hotel. I had to walk through the Chance scare zone on my way back to the front of the park.

I stopped quickly for a snack because I was starving by then and grabbed a brookie on my out.

I made my way out to the boat stop and was eventually on my way back to Portofino where I crashed into bed after my super long day.

Next up - Another day at the dark side

Last edited:
Part 13 – Another day at the dark side

I woke up early and took the boat from Portofino to Islands of Adventure. I stopped for a pic outside first (and apparently it was supposed to be a magic shot that failed :lmao:)

Even though I had EP from staying at the premium resorts I still didn’t want to waste any time, plus the HP rides at the time didn’t have EP yet either, so I was there at rope drop with the masses.

I headed straight back to Hogsmeade and onto Forbidden Journey. After my broomstick flight I made my way to Ollivanders as I had missed it last time – and I secretly wished I was under 10 so I could get picked for a wand but no luck.

I made my way around the park counter-clockwise that day and hit up my favorite in IOA – Jurassic Park. I still vividly remember my first ride which was back in Hollywood in 1999 and I am beyond devastated they’ve changed it to Jurassic World but that’s a whole other rant post.

I stopped into to the visitor’s center and made the most frightening thing I’ve seen in my life and also the most hilarious – don’t I look wonderful as a dinosaur?

It was then time for a new ride – Skull Kong Island. Must say I’m not a fan of that one – I don’t love the films and I don’t like screen heavy rides but I’m glad I tried it out once.

And then it was onto Toon Lagoon. I skipped my favorite rides because it was October and cold and I did not want to walk around cold and miserable all day.

I then made it into Super Hero Island and did Spiderman, Dr Dooms Fearfall (which I love way more than most people), and Hulk which I was stupid enough to go on even though it rattles my stomach!

A quick trip to Seuss landing for Sky Seuss Trolley and then it was back to Hogsmeade to board the train to make my way over to USF.

I went single rider on Gringotts and the wait was really short.

I grabbed some ice cream from Florean Fortescue’s (my favorite) – salted caramel blondie and strawberry peanut butter.

I decided to stop and visit my favourite secret agents and help them out with a mission.

I made my way towards Simpsons as I needed a proper meal for my late lunch and not just dessert. I stopped in at Krusty burger and got the chicken sandwich – not the world’s greatest but the theming is so great in there.

This day I decided not to go back for a rest and just filled in an hour or so before stay and scream would start.

Next up – A little more spoopy

Last edited:
I am alive!

Or I could also be a very talented ghost who's learned how to type over the last three years 👻
The latter is more impressive. I'm going with that.

Very good to see you again. :)

but basically there was a boy, I'm a girl and you know the rest of that story...
He teased you and stole your pencil?
And this time I'll be taking my husband with me (and if you asked me three years ago if I'd ever be saying that sentence I would have laughed in your face!)
What??? Holy cow! Congratulations!!!!!! :goodvibes
So strap in and enjoy the ride - it will be pic heavy and completely irrelevant (I'm sure half the rides and restaurants I went to no longer exist!) but we'll have fun together reminiscing.
Strapped in and ready!
This was my first-time flying business class on an international flight and boy oh boy has it spoiled me for life!

Yep! You look properly spoiled. :)
Awww... all tucked in.
The pallet out front really sets the mood.
My meal started off with an aperitif which was the house made limoncello.
mmm... yes please.
The entire meal looked wonderful.
First up was a walk down to Fisherman’s Wharf and breakfast at the Boudin Bakery
That's doing it right!
After looking around at a few touristy spots at the Wharf I walked up to Lombard Street to see the infamous windy road. Definitely need to be fit to live on that street – its breathtaking in both senses of the word!
Cool! I'd like to see that too, someday.
The Museum is amazing and if you are interested in Disney history at all, even in the slightest, I highly recommend making your way there.
You're the second DISer (No! Third!) that's been there and all have loved it.
The original bench from the Griffith Park carousel where Walt first dreamed up Disneyland
That's just so cool/wonderful.
The original model from Disneyland (I want one of these in my house!)
:laughing:
And I could not resist stopping at taking a pic of this for @pkondz even if I wanted three years to show him!

Aw, thanks! I hope to get there some day.
I've been busy since you've been gone.
So far I've visited over 150 different Harley stores.
Today’s plans were to fit in as much as possible before flying out at midnight to Miami (seriously who books a flight at midnight – clearly, I have issues).
Yes. You have issues. :laughing:
Well I’m glad you asked. The Muir Woods were the inspiration for Endor – well specifically the forest moon of Endor – Star Wars of course.
Ohhhhh… okay, makes sense now.
While I didn’t sleep properly on the plane
No jammies and lay flat seats?
And then went to the Front Porch Café for the biggest pancakes you’d ever seen.
Here I occasionally get the Giant Apple Pancake from The Pancake House:
Image result for winnipeg pancake house giant apple pancake
I did wave at Oprah’s house just in case she was watching. I had been in her audience in Australia back in 2010 so surely she’d recognize me.
Oh, for sure. I mean, how many people could she possibly have met?
Oh boy! I'm actually excited about this part!
I got there a little early and the security lines were already impressive.

"Impressive"... what a nice PC term for Hell.
Finally Group 5 was called and this was it – I was about to get on a ship for the first time.
I have yet to do that. But will in May, for the first time. :)
I was staying in the special Solo travelers’ cabins (if anyone wants further details about this style of room which is unique to NCL just let me know).
I may, depending on how May's cruise goes. :)
and that’s where fate had plans for me.
Oh boy!
Until he started talking. He was telling a completely made up fact to the girl in the group that just happened to be about Australia, and Indigenous Australians (which was the job space I was then working in). And I couldn’t help myself – I had to butt in and say that he was wrong and just happened to say it in front of the only Australian on the ship who knew all about that topic.
:rotfl:
You met the love of your life... by calling him out????

:lmao:
We ended up having a lovely romantic meal dining on the waterfront.
Awwww... :) :love:
He was obviously used to the tour groups and was great at flirting with the older women – and he was well tipped at the end, so it worked for him.
So everyone goes away happy. :)
The owner brought us out these shots which had sea slugs in them – it felt so rude not to try them even if he was playing a trick on the tourists – so we did but it was one of the worst things I’ve ever tasted!
Ew!

Nope!
we lived in different parts of the world – Australia and Atlanta.
Meh. They both start with "A". So basically the same thing, right?
I chose the chef’s table as I love watching people work in the kitchen.
::yes:: I would do the exact same for the same reason.
although I don't look quite as good as I did it back then - 10-15lbs will do that you!).

Pretty! And I'm positive you still are. :)
I was meeting @Elevationist at Beaches & Cream for lunch :) . I can’t remember who arrived first, but we were soon seated and catching up like old friends and discussing all our Disney plans and what Billie had already done.
Yay! Dismeet! And with a celebrity DISer too!
And boy was that the right decision. As soon as you arrive at Portofino you are transported to another place. It is one of the most beautiful theme park hotels I’ve ever stayed at and even rivals non-theme park hotels for amenities and experience.

Very pretty!
I swear the bathroom was bigger than my entire room at pop century!
I believe you. The bathroom at Royal Pacific was huge too.
Honestly, I wasn’t that starving and ended up at Burger King of all places,
:sad2:
I’m pretty sure I saw the movie first, and it was the Accountant (that weird Ben Affleck hitman movie)
I liked that movie. Different. But good.
I rode Gringotts with no queue, twice,
::yes:: Way to do it.
I rode the Simpsons ride with no wait (I also had EP so there was never a long wait regardless) and the donut was a good choice – the ride made me less sick with something in my stomach already.
Funny. Been having a bit of a conversation on my TR about that.
Then I headed over to a ride I somehow skipped on my first visit – ET. Yes, it is an acid trip of a ride but it’s still one of my favorite character ‘meets’ at the end.
And yet... I didn't notice this "meet" when I was there.
I continued my way around the park and rode Transformers (not a fan),
Ditto
It is absolutely my favorite ride and I love everything from the queue to Brendan Frasers coffee!
:laughing: That's a fun little way to end it, isn't it?
Back then the raptor encounter was new, and it was honestly so much fun – and is where the title of this chapter comes from!

Ah yes. You look positively terrified.
I stopped in at the newly opened Toothsome for a bite to eat.
Isn't that place neat? I liked it. :)
I should start by saying that Halloween is not really a thing in Australia.
This is a tragedy.
But I figured out that even if I don’t get scared, I can still enjoy myself – how? By watching other people freak out – that was honestly the best part!
The next stop was not a house but a show – Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure. Honestly the show was awful – I knew it was pop culture heavy, but all the jokes just fell completely flat.
That's too bad.
"Australian woman flies all the way to Florida just to beg for money."
I secretly wished I was under 10 so I could get picked for a wand
::yes::
I stopped into to the visitor’s center and made the most frightening thing I’ve seen in my life and also the most hilarious – don’t I look wonderful as a dinosaur?

:lmao: It's so... you!
It was then time for a new ride – Skull Kong Island. Must say I’m not a fan of that one – I don’t love the films and I don’t like screen heavy rides but I’m glad I tried it out once.
I am a fan. I really liked it. But then again, I liked the original movie and the 1976 version too. (Not the next one, although the last one wasn't as bad.)

What??? Holy cow! Congratulations!!!!!! :goodvibes

Thank you :)

Strapped in and ready!

I can't believe you read the whole thing. Work must have been slow huh? ;)

You're the second DISer (No! Third!) that's been there and all have loved it.

It really is worth it. And I think it has something for all Disney fans - there is a look behind the studios and the films, but also a look behind Walt and Lillian and there everyday life which I loved.

Aw, thanks! I hope to get there some day.
I've been busy since you've been gone.
So far I've visited over 150 different Harley stores.

I have no doubt - you can get a lot done in three years :rolleyes:

No jammies and lay flat seats?

I tried suggesting it to Delta but they didn't seem to care 🤷‍♀️

Here I occasionally get the Giant Apple Pancake from The Pancake House:
Image result for winnipeg pancake house giant apple pancake

Well they're not lying - it is giant!

Oh, for sure. I mean, how many people could she possibly have met?

Right?

I have yet to do that. But will in May, for the first time. :)

Oooh where are you going? I was so nervous I'd hate cruising before I went on one - I'm like who wants to be stuck in one place like that especially if you end up hating it - but I was pleasantly surprised (even without the whole boy thing!)

:rotfl:
You met the love of your life... by calling him out????

You think he'd of gotten used to it by now - I've only been calling him out for three years now :laughing:

I believe you. The bathroom at Royal Pacific was huge too.

I have one night booked there for this upcoming trip so I can't wait to compare.

Funny. Been having a bit of a conversation on my TR about that.

I have read your latest to catch up but felt awkward jumping back in half way through your trip!

And yet... I didn't notice this "meet" when I was there.

It's in a corner of the exit gift shop if you're ever back there.

:laughing: That's a fun little way to end it, isn't it?

I was secretly glad the mummy reboot with Tom Cruise failed - I was so worried they were going to tamper with Brendan and I would have had to chain myself to the doors!

This is a tragedy.

The stores are trying their hardest to get people to buy into it. But it will never be anything like here!

"Australian woman flies all the way to Florida just to beg for money."

After everything I ended up spending on that trip it wouldn't have been the worst idea :laughing:

I am a fan. I really liked it. But then again, I liked the original movie and the 1976 version too. (Not the next one, although the last one wasn't as bad.)

I think I've only seen parts of the original plus the Peter Jackson one. It's not a bad ride and I appreciate the technology - I was just hoping for more after how long it took to open!

Part 14 – A little more spoopy

I stayed in a different holding pen than the previous night as I had different houses I wanted to hit up. I was in the holding pen outside what was then I Love Lucy.

As soon as they let us out, I fast walked (alright ran) to the most important house left on my list – American Horror Story. Now this is a show I actually love, and I was super excited to go through it.

The house was great – not scary – but the theming was spot on.

After that I made my way over to the Exorcist – it was about a 20-minute wait at that point but that was doable. The house was really well done and had all the key scenes from the movie you’d want to see.

I had one more house left on my list to do and that was Krampus. I think it was about a thirty-minute wait but it was the last one on my list so I was happy. I hadn’t seen the movie, but the house was cute.

I then decided to take advantage of the short ride lines while everyone else was trying to do houses. I made my way to an almost empty Diagon Alley and rode Gringotts with zero wait.

I also rode MIB with no wait and we even had a weird pre-show with some team members which I don’t ever remember having before.

And I think I even got in one more ride on my fav, the Mummy.

I was so glad I’d done stay and scream – when I was walking back to the main stage AHS was over a 2 hour wait!

I made my way through the last scare zone – Vamp 55.

And then staked out at the main stage to watch Academy of Villains again – I seriously thought that show was incredible.

After the show I was ready to call it a night. I’d done all the houses except Walking dead, all the scares zones and all the shows – at that was enough for me.

I stopped back into the grab and go at Portofino to grab a snack on my way back to room (apparently, I picked a caprese salad) and I ate that before heading to bed for the last time at universal.

Next up – Moving back to Disney.

Last edited:
I can't believe you read the whole thing. Work must have been slow huh? ;)
Midnight shifts are a great time to catch up.
But must admit that I can only do so many TRs at one sitting... Was very excited to read yours!
I have no doubt - you can get a lot done in three years :rolleyes:
:rolleyes1

Well, I didn't have your TR to read, you know.

;)

(So glad you're back! :hug:)
I tried suggesting it to Delta but they didn't seem to care 🤷‍♀️
What??? I'm boycotting them!
(Which is easy to do when you never (almost) fly with them.)
Oooh where are you going?
Alaska. My mom, who's in her late 80s has been saying for years she wanted to do that. So I finally said "Let's go!" Going with her and my sister.
I was so nervous I'd hate cruising before I went on one - I'm like who wants to be stuck in one place like that especially if you end up hating it - but I was pleasantly surprised
That's my fear too. That and sea-sickness.
(even without the whole boy thing!)
Oh, yes. That.

You think he'd of gotten used to it by now - I've only been calling him out for three years now :laughing:
Good girl. :)
I have read your latest to catch up but felt awkward jumping back in half way through your trip!
What? Don't do that! Jump in!
Or... if you really don't want to, I only have one update left (I think?) and then will be posting about the September trip on a new TR. :)
It's in a corner of the exit gift shop if you're ever back there.
Got it!
I was secretly glad the mummy reboot with Tom Cruise failed - I was so worried they were going to tamper with Brendan and I would have had to chain myself to the doors!
After everything I ended up spending on that trip it wouldn't have been the worst idea :laughing:
::yes:: I believe you!
American Horror Story. Now this is a show I actually love, and I was super excited to go through it.
I know it's a good show, but I've never watched. Just... too many shows, not enough time.
I made my way to an almost empty Diagon Alley and rode Gringotts with zero wait.
That's a line I never thought I'd read!
I was so glad I’d done stay and scream – when I was walking back to the main stage AHS was over a 2 hour wait!
:faint: Nope!!!
And then staked out at the main stage to watch Academy of Villains again – I seriously thought that show was incredible.
Good to know... if and when I ever do HHN.
After the show I was ready to call it a night. I’d done all the houses except Walking dead, all the scares zones and all the shows – at that was enough for me.
Ready to call it a night? After only doing... every single thing there is to do?

Midnight shifts are a great time to catch up.
But must admit that I can only do so many TRs at one sitting... Was very excited to read yours!

You're still working nights? I didn't realise how hard that is until I met DH - he worked nights for 8 years and I finally got him, well pushed him to get a new job earlier this year. It's amazing how just that one change has had on his health and mood.

What??? I'm boycotting them!
(Which is easy to do when you never (almost) fly with them.)

I'm firmly a southwest girl unless there is no alternative or the alternative is significantly cheaper!

Alaska. My mom, who's in her late 80s has been saying for years she wanted to do that. So I finally said "Let's go!" Going with her and my sister.

Ooh that sounds so much fun. That's one we both have on our bucket lists.

That's my fear too. That and sea-sickness.

I was worried about sea sickness but other than a tiny bit of nausea on a choppy night it was fine. I even had gotten prescription sea sickness medication as a precaution but never even took it! I will say though my research told me to start taking it a few days before you get on board - if you start once you're on the ship its too late.

What? Don't do that! Jump in!
Or... if you really don't want to, I only have one update left (I think?) and then will be posting about the September trip on a new TR. :)

I'll see how much time I have. But count me in for the September trip once that starts :)

I know it's a good show, but I've never watched. Just... too many shows, not enough time.

It has good and bad seasons, and even good and bad episodes within seasons, so it's not one I recommend to everyone. And as you say definitely too many shows to watch and try and keep up with nowadays.

That's a line I never thought I'd read!

That was definitely the benefit of doing two HHN - with just one night I wouldn't have wanted to 'waste' the time away from houses, but not feeling rushed meant I could enjoy the attractions that were open.

Ready to call it a night? After only doing... every single thing there is to do?

I feel like I did every single thing there was to do this trip but I know I barely scratched the surface and that's with a whole month in Orlando!

Part 15 – Moving back to Disney

That morning I check out of my room and left my bags at bell services. I was going to be spending a few last hours in the parks before heading over to Disney. If I haven’t mentioned it in a previous post staying onsite at a deluxe at Universal is so worth the money – particularly if you have a whole family staying – getting the unlimited express pass thrown in every day (including check in and check out day) is just such a great perk!

I caught one last boat over to USF and headed in for the day. I started off with a ride that I’d honestly been a little scared of riding – Rip Ride Rockit. And I don’t know why I’d put it off so long – I really enjoyed it.

Then I met Marge Simpson.

I then did one last ride on my favorite – the Mummy – farewell for now Brendan…

I ended up back in the Hollywood area and did the Terminator (which is now gone) and caught one last Horror Make Up Show – and I finally got called up to be the person on stage! Pity I was alone because I have no photographic evidence now.

And then after a few last souvenirs purchases it was time to go. I don’t think I’ve mentioned earlier but I had the Universal version of photo pass – My Universal Photos – it’s not quite as good as Disney and their photographers probably aren’t as good, but for ride photos alone it was worth it and it was only like $69 for 1 day or $89 for 3 which is what I did, compared to $169 at Disney! You also get two printed out photos and a lanyard for that price as well.

I still had time before I could check in a Disney so I did what any normal person would do – I ubered over to the outlets (the ones I hadn’t gone to the other day – there are two you know!) and checked out the other Disney store and grabbed some lunch at five guys.

I headed back to Portofino and grabbed my bags before heading over to my next home for the next four nights – Wilderness Lodge!

If you haven’t been before Wilderness Lodge lives up to its reputation – it is absolutely breathtaking and Disney theming at its finest.

I had rented DVC points at was staying in the Villas section in a studio room.

I unpacked my things and then explored the resort for a while.

I headed back to my room and got changed as I had an ADR I’d been really wanting to try that evening.

Next up – I’m a musician

Last edited:
You're still working nights?
yeah..... zzzzzzzzz...
I didn't realise how hard that is until I met DH - he worked nights for 8 years and I finally got him, well pushed him to get a new job earlier this year. It's amazing how just that one change has had on his health and mood.
It ain't easy. And every year gets harder and harder.
People who don't do them have no idea just how much of a toll it takes on you.
I'm firmly a southwest girl unless there is no alternative or the alternative is significantly cheaper!
Ah! So you're firmly a best deal girl. :)
Ooh that sounds so much fun. That's one we both have on our bucket lists.
I'm really looking forward to it! I need to start looking at excursions. :)
I was worried about sea sickness but other than a tiny bit of nausea on a choppy night it was fine. I even had gotten prescription sea sickness medication as a precaution but never even took it! I will say though my research told me to start taking it a few days before you get on board - if you start once you're on the ship its too late.
So you didn't start taking them days before?
I'll see how much time I have. But count me in for the September trip once that starts :)
Okay! Yay!
getting the unlimited express pass thrown in every day (including check in and check out day) is just such a great perk!
::yes:: I said the same thing.
Rip Ride Rockit. And I don’t know why I’d put it off so long – I really enjoyed it.
Quite the ride, isn't it? :)
Nice of you to deliberately match your shirt to her hair.
I ended up back in the Hollywood area and did the Terminator (which is now gone)
You had me wondering there. "Terminator ride? I don't remember any... oh."
and caught one last Horror Make Up Show – and I finally got called up to be the person on stage!
You did! That must've been fun! :laughing:
I headed back to Portofino and grabbed my bags before heading over to my next home for the next four nights – Wilderness Lodge!
Oh, nice!
I've been there a couple times (dinner and a tour) and absolutely love it. Just draw drop gorgeous.
I had rented DVC points at was staying in the Villas section in a studio room.
Oh, nice! Who'd you rent from?
Next up – I’m a musician
Sounds interesting... :)

It ain't easy. And every year gets harder and harder.
People who don't do them have no idea just how much of a toll it takes on you.

I was definitely one of those people until I saw it impacting someone I saw every day. I can't say I'd ever be strong enough to work nights - I'm sure I could get used to it eventually but I know I'd probably quit before that happened.

Ah! So you're firmly a best deal girl. :)

Honestly I've had better service and less delays on SW than United/Delta/American. Plus you can't beat the two free bags per person!

So you didn't start taking them days before?

I chose not to. They're from the same family as things like Benadryl and I know I get super sleepy on those so I wanted to risk it and see how I went rather than be a walking zombie who couldn't enjoy the cruise anyway.

::yes:: I said the same thing.

I've booked one night this upcoming trip there just for that. My husband is not the most patient person and the express pass is going to be worth it's wait in gold. And I priced it separately and per day would have been over $250 for the two of us - much better to get the nicer hotel with it thrown in for that price.

You had me wondering there. "Terminator ride? I don't remember any... oh."

One of the reasons not to do a TR three years later - half the attractions don't exist anymore :laughing:

Oh, nice!
I've been there a couple times (dinner and a tour) and absolutely love it. Just draw drop gorgeous.

It definitely has the wow factor - although that does come with a wow price tag!

Oh, nice! Who'd you rent from?

I can't remember exactly which one for this specific stay but I used two over the course of my trip - Davids DVC Rental and DVC Rental Store. I was happy with both but I think DVC Rental Store was slightly cheaper.

Sounds interesting... :)

Probably more interesting than it will actually be....

I was definitely one of those people until I saw it impacting someone I saw every day. I can't say I'd ever be strong enough to work nights - I'm sure I could get used to it eventually but I know I'd probably quit before that happened.
And I'd support that. It ain't easy.
Honestly I've had better service and less delays on SW than United/Delta/American. Plus you can't beat the two free bags per person!
Two bags! Didn't know that. Nice! (I don't normally fly US carriers. Except when I got forced to this last trip.)
I chose not to. They're from the same family as things like Benadryl and I know I get super sleepy on those so I wanted to risk it and see how I went rather than be a walking zombie who couldn't enjoy the cruise anyway.
Ah. I think, especially since it's an Inside Passage cruise that I'll try it without pre-medicating. We'll see...
I've booked one night this upcoming trip there just for that. My husband is not the most patient person and the express pass is going to be worth it's wait in gold. And I priced it separately and per day would have been over $250 for the two of us - much better to get the nicer hotel with it thrown in for that price.
Nice! You can't beat that "free" EP.
And...
the express pass is going to be worth it's wait in gold.
I don't know if this is a typo, but... if not... :worship:

If it is... it's still perfect!
One of the reasons not to do a TR three years later - half the attractions don't exist anymore :laughing:
It definitely has the wow factor - although that does come with a wow price tag!
Ah yes. There's always that.
I can't remember exactly which one for this specific stay but I used two over the course of my trip - Davids DVC Rental and DVC Rental Store. I was happy with both but I think DVC Rental Store was slightly cheaper.
Thanks for that. I am toying with the idea. Trip last May I rented from a friend and liked it.
No trip on the horizon, but... future knowledge.
Probably more interesting than it will actually be....
Guess we'll see. :)

Some of you may remember me from those good old days of 2015 and 2016.

Hey! I remember you! :wave:

And this time I'll be taking my husband with me (and if you asked me three years ago if I'd ever be saying that sentence I would have laughed in your face!)

Congrats!

The Museum is amazing and if you are interested in Disney history at all, even in the slightest, I highly recommend making your way there.

We're actually thinking of going to San Francisco in the spring, and that's one of the things I'm most excited for.

The next house was probably my least favorite and that was that year’s 3D house – Lunatics Playground. The 3D added nothing and honestly distracted from the scares.

I remember that house, I absolutely hated it :rotfl:

These guys were absolutely incredible. I hear that it’s gotten a little stale now that they’ve been their four years, but this was the first year I believe, and I absolutely loved the show.

I think they've done pretty good changing things up each year, but some of the shows are better than others. That first show was really cool though!

I love this thing :rotfl: I have so many scary dino pics.

American Horror Story. Now this is a show I actually love, and I was super excited to go through it.

Ooo I remember that one being my favorite that year too.

Two bags! Didn't know that. Nice! (I don't normally fly US carriers. Except when I got forced to this last trip.)

The 'free' pretzels and soda are nice too. And I've yet to fly a Canadian airline in my adventures - hopefully one day.

Ah. I think, especially since it's an Inside Passage cruise that I'll try it without pre-medicating. We'll see...

Sounds like a good plan.

I don't know if this is a typo, but... if not... :worship:

If it is... it's still perfect!

I wish I could claim credit for it but alas it was extreme tiredness who came up with it!

Thanks for that. I am toying with the idea. Trip last May I rented from a friend and liked it.
No trip on the horizon, but... future knowledge.

The only downside is to get the cheaper rooms like the studios you really need to book at 11 months in advance so it's not good for last minute trips. They do sometimes have reservations that fell through you can get last minute at bigger discounts but its hard to get the exact dates you want that way.

The 'free' pretzels and soda are nice too. And I've yet to fly a Canadian airline in my adventures - hopefully one day.
Come to Winnipeg! We have snow and... um... We have snow!!!
I wish I could claim credit for it but alas it was extreme tiredness who came up with it!
Extreme tiredness is smart.
The only downside is to get the cheaper rooms like the studios you really need to book at 11 months in advance so it's not good for last minute trips. They do sometimes have reservations that fell through you can get last minute at bigger discounts but its hard to get the exact dates you want that way.
Thanks for the info!

Hey! I remember you! :wave:

It's nice to see some familiar faces!

Congrats!

Thank you!

We're actually thinking of going to San Francisco in the spring, and that's one of the things I'm most excited for.

It's definitely worth a visit. I don't think I'll get to go back because my husband is not the biggest Disney fans but if I'm ever there alone again I'd go back for another visit.

I remember that house, I absolutely hated it :rotfl:

I think most people had it at the bottom of their lists that year.

I think they've done pretty good changing things up each year, but some of the shows are better than others. That first show was really cool though! [/QUOTE[

That's good to know. I was hoping to try and go this year but we can't get to Florida til early November so I'll just miss it.

:lmao:I love this thing :rotfl: I have so many scary dino pics.

And most people don't even know it's there! Guess they're missing out :lmao:

Part 16 – I’m a musician

When we left off, I’d been getting ready to go to my dinner ADR. I headed down to the boat launch and caught a boat to my destination for the evening – Fort Wilderness.

That’s right I was off to Hoop De Doo. There was a bit of a wait to check in and then an even longer wait until we could actually go inside. I explored a little during that time and found some horses.

I then took my first PP pictures of the trip.

Eventually we were allowed inside, and I made my way upstairs. I had a table next to the railing on the left-hand side of the stage.

They bought the meals out really quickly, starting with the cornbread and some salad. I’d chosen the white sangria as my beverage for the evening (for that price you’d better believe I was picking the adult beverage!)

The show then started and it was indeed a hoot. The performers were great and the show itself is very funny – it’s no surprise it’s been running as long as it has.

Then it was time for the main portion of the meal – fried chicken, ribs and baked beans. I don’t enjoy ribs, but the rest was delicious!

The second half of the show then started and it was just as good as the first half.

They then brought dessert around – yummy strawberry shortcake.

And then the best thing happened as they were wrapping up the show. I got to be a musician!

Look how happy I was to get my washboard!

And with that it was over. I made my out of the theatre and back down to the boat launch where I caught the boat back to WL.

I trekked back to my room and hit the hay – I had my first park day the next morning!

Next up – The Hottest Place on Earth

Last edited:
I almost moved to Canada a few years ago (I think it comes up at the end of this TR). But I also have snow where I am now so I'm afraid that is no longer a draw
I think Denver gets more snow than we do.
I could Google...
But I'm not gonna. :laughing:
I'm glad it's useful for something :rotfl:
;)
I headed down to the boat launch and caught a boat to my destination for the evening – Fort Wilderness.
Oh! Now I get the "musician" part. :)
That’s right I was off to Hoop De Doo.
Woot! :woohoo:
I then took my first PP pictures of the trip.

What??? I had no idea this could happen.
They bought the meals out really quickly, starting with the cornbread and some salad.
Yum! That salad! I refused to let them remove it.
I’d chosen the white sangria as my beverage for the evening
Did you now?
I wonder who else would possibly order that... :rolleyes1
(for that price you’d better believe I was picking the adult beverage!)
::yes::
The show then started and it was indeed a hoot. The performers were great and the show itself is very funny – it’s no surprise it’s been running as long as it has.
It was such a fun show!
And then the best thing happened as they were wrapping up the show. I got to be a musician!

Look how happy I was to get my washboard!

:laughing: Awww! You look so excited!
I trekked back to my room and hit the hay
Hit the hay? You really did go to Hoop De Doo!

I think Denver gets more snow than we do.
I could Google...
But I'm not gonna. :laughing:

Did you just pick Denver randomly? If you did that's hilarious because that's where I live now :laughing:. Also I did google - my town gets 78 inches per year snowfall on average and Winnipeg gets 44.8 so you were correct!

What??? I had no idea this could happen.

I'm not sure if it was just for halloween but it seemed liked it was there all the time.

Yum! That salad! I refused to let them remove it.

It was definitely the highlight of a pretty good meal.

Did you now?
I wonder who else would possibly order that... :rolleyes1

My memory is rusty but doesn't Ruby like sangrias? I could be way off after three years though

:laughing: Awww! You look so excited!

Apparently I'm as easily impressed as your typical toddler :laughing:

Hit the hay? You really did go to Hoop De Doo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter