Best way to get from Disney to Seaworld?

Corbin3

Mouseketeer
We are thinking about a Disney trip in September. This will be our 5th time so we've seen pretty much everything and were wondering if we can shake things up a bit and also do Universal/SeaWorld. We usually stay onsite at Disney and don't rent a car. Is there an easy and not so expensive way to get from Disney to Universal/Seaworld?

Or would we be better off staying onsite at Universal for 2 or 3 days and then switching to Disney? If so what's the best way to change hotels? Help!

We are thinking about a Disney trip in September. This will be our 5th time so we've seen pretty much everything and were wondering if we can shake things up a bit and also do Universal/SeaWorld. We usually stay onsite at Disney and don't rent a car. Is there an easy and not so expensive way to get from Disney to Universal/Seaworld?

Or would we be better off staying onsite at Universal for 2 or 3 days and then switching to Disney? If so what's the best way to change hotels? Help!

Disney to Sea World:
1. Cheapest Option: Take #50 LYNX bus from TTC or Downtown Disney to Sea World
Click here to link to the LYNX schedule It leaves TTC at 1 minute and 31 minutes after the hour (running every 1/2 hour from 6:31 am - 12:01 am) and leaves DTD at 19 and 49 minutes after each hour. You can return at 10# and 40# after the hour from 5:40 am to 11:10 pm It is $2.00 each way for an adult and $1.00 for a child (young babies may be free).

2. You can arrange a Shuttle through Mears Transportation I think it should be $18 pp round trip

3. You can get a cab, Mears' fare estimator indicates it is about 10 miles from Epcot to Sea World with an estimated fare of $23.65 each way, so if you have 3 people, the cab is cheaper than the shuttle. When we did this, it was a tiny bit less. They have big cab vans which I think cost the same as the ones that look like yellow town cars.

4. You can also schedule a towncar for $37 each way

This link should get you to a PDF of their current prices

5. You can rent a car right at Disney for about $35 pd - check out Mousesavers for latest Coupons I considered that but I've never driven in Orlando before.

Now - in terms of staying somewhere else - there may be other reasons to stay for a few days at a Universal resort:

Travel time - I think time on a vacation is precious.

Front of the line access - if you stay at a Universal resort you get front of the line access at Universal Resorts.

Then you would need to rent a car or take a cab or a town car from your Universal resort to the Disney one. Also remember that you will not be able to take the Magical Express from the airport if you are going to a Universal Resort, but I think you can still take it back to the airport.

I hope this is helpful!:flower3:

fairly easy? Where at the TTC would you get it? Its just DBr & me so no kids. I was thinking of having breakfast at Kona and then just walking to the TTC to get the bus, then getting off at DTD on the return trip for dinner at WPC that evening. Doable? Easy? SW is only open until 6PM in Sept so we'd probably have 6-7 hrs (does the bus take long?) to tour.

I picked up the LYNX at Downtown Disney by a fluke chance and was shown by the Disney bus driver exactly where to go. But another DISer has described how to use the LYNX from the TTC:

"Emma's Dad" has a nice description in his Completed Disney TR ("What's your problem" with a map on the page "We're not in Disney World anymore Toto" Just click to link directly there.

I think it would be really great if the moderators could sticky this - this question is very frequently asked!

I picked up the LYNX at Downtown Disney by a fluke chance and was shown by the Disney bus driver exactly where to go. But another DISer has described how to use the LYNX from the TTC:

"Emma's Dad" has a nice description in his Completed Disney TR ("What's your problem" with a map on the page "We're not in Disney World anymore Toto" Just click to link directly there.

I think it would be really great if the moderators could sticky this - this question is very frequently asked!

what a great description of the process. Now, one more question, where is the bus stop at DTD, appears to be on the West Side?

Thanks for the info. What is the fastest way from Disney to Seaworld? We are thinking about staying at AKL and making a trip to Seaworld. All signs are pretty much pointing to renting a car so far.

we used this service on last visit (although was 2 years ago) and they were the low floored buses with wheelchair space. check the lynx site and they should confirm. hth

I see in the top left corner it says "Link 111". You actually need to take Route 50 ("Link 50") which stops at Sea Harbor Drive. That is where Sea World is. (You will see Sea World listed on that map near stop number 2.) So, if you go to the page again that lists all of the schedules and maps, click on Route 50.
Hope that helps :)

what is the access like on the Lynx bus for wheelchairs? :goodvibes

I find it excellent. You enter through the front doors, pay you fare, turn around and park. I find very often I have to instruct the driver how to strap down the WC, but then I remind myself it isn't WDW so I can't expect WDW service. :goodvibes We use Lynx every time we leave WDW property for shopping, sight seeing, Old town etc.

Although if you view the PDF for LYNX it says that the bus will not stop on SR-528...which is where Universal Boulevard is.
How to get to SeaWorld then, which stop is SeaWorld?

All you have to do is say something to the driver when you get on - they are very helpful. But they usually make the announcements very clear to the stop points.

I few years ago we tryed the leave Disney to spend two nights in cheap motel down by Univerisal...mistake! Rather have spent the money on the cab fare to and from Disney. Crowded in the area! The Swan and Dolphin Resorts on DIsney have car rentals available for the day or two.

oh I am so glad I saw this thread! Taking public transportation had never even occurred to me as an option! It will cost us 1/2 the price and we won't have to worry about directions.
Does anyone know if we can just pay the fare when we step on the bus or do we have to go somewhere ahead of time to purchase a pass?

If you are only taking a few trips on Lynx, just pay your fare (exact cash only) when you get on the bus. Just drop your fare into the box. You will have to feed your paper money into the slot. You can also get an all day pass from the driver. If you plan on using Lynx for most of your travels, you might want to get a weekly pass, but I believe you have to go downtown to get it.

If you are only taking a few trips on Lynx, just pay your fare (exact cash only) when you get on the bus. Just drop your fare into the box. You will have to feed your paper money into the slot. You can also get an all day pass from the driver. If you plan on using Lynx for most of your travels, you might want to get a weekly pass, but I believe you have to go downtown to get it.

I think you can get Lynx passes 7 day and 30 day at the Orlando Visitors Center on I -drive -I ride trolly stop 20 - at least I have purchased the 30 day pass there a few times - they are very helpful too and have Lynx route maps plus advice on how to get where you want to go using the Lynx bus and I ride trolly - very helpful!

We had a van service pick up\drop us off. It was reasonably priced for 10 of us. If it was just my family, I'd probably just get a taxi.

Does anyone known if the current price for Lynx to Seaworld is still $2/adult and $1/child? Also, is a 12 year old considered a child?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!