Best Walking Shoes

Absolutely agree with PPs that everyone's feet are unique and no one shoe is the best park shoe.

I would suggest that whatever type of athletic shoe you decide on, you also bring a pair of athletic sandals eg Teva or Chaco. Swapping out your shoes for sandals provides great relief from pressure points that cause blisters. And if the forecast is for a rain day, then sandals no socks can help reduce blistering. I like Teva or Chaco because they have agressive treads that minimize slips and give better traction.

What brad and type of shoe do you find best for long days of walking at the park?
I swear by Naot sandals. Been wearing them for over 20 years. Minimal blistering and discomfort after wearing them all day. I will not go to Disney without them!
more European looking than Birkenstocks

I second (or third?) that I despise wearing socks when it is muggy or hot. My go-tos are Keen Whispers. Of course... YMMV as everyone has pointed out. But for me, they are comfortable, good in the rain, and don't cause me any blistering.

I wear Birkenstocks and/or Nike Tanguay to Disney. YMMV.

Bring a few different styles; sandals, sneakers, etc. so that your feet get a break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter