Best Verandah on the Magic?

Anna Chassereau

DIS Veteran
I'm booking Europe 2020 on the Magic as soon as it opens...we've cruised on the Dream and Fantasy and got an extended verandah on deck 5 both times and LOVED it. Is there a similar room on the Magic with a larger verandah that isn't all the way aft? Like more midship?

What's your favorite verandah room on the Magic? I'd prefer not to look out over lifeboats as well...What deck looks out over the lifeboats?

Thanks for any help!!

I'm booking Europe 2020 on the Magic as soon as it opens...we've cruised on the Dream and Fantasy and got an extended verandah on deck 5 both times and LOVED it. Is there a similar room on the Magic with a larger verandah that isn't all the way aft? Like more midship?

What's your favorite verandah room on the Magic? I'd prefer not to look out over lifeboats as well...What deck looks out over the lifeboats?

Thanks for any help!!

The only extended verandahs on the classic ships are the aft ones. As for which decks look out over the lifeboats, that would be decks 5-8 except if facing aft.

On the Magic and Wonder the lifeboats are tucked under so you don't see them. Haven't been on the Magic yet but we prefer midship or slight Forward on Deck 6 on the Wonder (same ship layout) b/c its easy to get up to the pool deck or down to the atrium/restaurants without taking the elevator.

I really like the triple wide verandahs on the midship Category 00T 1-Bedroom Concierge suites.

Don't know which cruise you are taking on/around Europe, but I might suggest, if you are doing the Med. cruise, get a ocean view stateroom, not verandah. We found that the cruise was very port intensive with little time to spend on a verandah...depends, of course, on what if any excursions you choose. We did a Med./WBTA B2B with an ocean view and it worked out great as the weather was iffy at best being the end of the season for the Magic in Europe. Our Baltic Capital DCL cruise had a verandah, which worked out fine.

As someone posted above, the Magic has a better design in that the veranda rooms are above the lifeboats, not positioned a bit back behind them, so it's really not an issue on the classic ships. I prefer midship because I feel the motion more than most, but honestly I don't think there is much difference between the veranda rooms on the classics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter