Best time of the year to visit

MickeyMom2Boys

DIS Veteran
When is the best time of the year to visit Disney? We just got back, thinking February wouldn't be too crowded and while it wasn't awful (until Friday when people started showing up for the holiday weekend) it was more crowded that I wanted/expected. I'm already planning our next trip, but I'm looking for advice on the best time to visit. Kids are 4 and 1 so there are no concerns with taking them out of school.

Thanks!

For weather our family likes May, for crowds September/October. We also like the first of December for the Chirstmas decorations. We have only gone once in December and I am glad we had that experience.

Don't they say October, I bet the weather is good and the crowds would be low? Per the website allears October is considered lowest attendance and since you don't have to worry about taking children out of school.

http://www.allears.net/pl/attend.htm

I would say September. That was when my family and I went last time in 2002 and there were hardly any lines. I don't think most people pick that time to go because kids just went back to school...but my parents took me and my sister out anyways...but good thing you dont have to worry about that!

Of all the times I have been to Disneyland or WDW, I've found the least crowded time is early December - nice decorations and relatively low crowds (I hear it is similar during the first few weeks of January as well). It is also during their low season and prices on lodging are a bit lower.

The next best time is when we are going this year, in the lull between President's weekend and the Spring Breaks of schools (usually during the last week of February and the first week of March). There are usually fairly low crowds them and the weather is a bit nicer. However, it is still considered their "high" season and prices are the same as if you were there during Spring Break.

By far the worst time we had there was when we went in the middle of the summer, and my wife and I pledged we would never go at that time again!

We've also discovered that whatever time of year you go, getting there early in the day makes a world of difference. Getting there early you can see more and enjoy yourself at a very leisurely pace for at least a couple of hours.

When at Disney a few years ago (standing in the Dumbo line for 55 minutes in 99 degree heat), I asked one of the cast members when the best time to come to WDW is, and he said Super Bowl weekend is the least busy time of the year. He said every ride is a "walk on."

Kellan

I would say September. That was when my family and I went last time in 2002 and there were hardly any lines. I don't think most people pick that time to go because kids just went back to school...but my parents took me and my sister out anyways...but good thing you dont have to worry about that!
September is not the slowest season anymore. Not since 2005 when Disney started offering Free Dining. We and about 200,000 other people took our kids out of school for the Free Dining promo. Is it slower than summer, Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving and 4th of July? Of course. But we found slower crowds the last week of January and the week after Thanksgiving. Also it's blazing hot in September. The week after Thanksgiving had the best weather and lower crowds.

The last 5 years we've done february... but I've found it to be getting busier and busier every feb...

Next year I think we'll go back to January as we had done a year prior. The place seemed slower to me... Who knows though.

I've also heard that Sept/Oct are good times to go though we've never gone in the fall. I like to wait til the dead of winter to escape the cold here!

Since I like to swim and like going to the water parks, my favorite times are September and May. Like some one else said September is getting pretty busy lately since they've rolled out free dining. My next trip is scheduled for the first week in May. It will be my first time at the Flower and garden expo.

I just booked a late April trip hope that the crowds are lower since it will be right after springbreak is over....

We have been going the end of Jan. The fall is hurricane season so you never know about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter