Best Thing you have done that was an Extra Cost Experiences like Dessert Parties, etc.

Dining with an Imagineer

After that

Keys to the Kingdom Tour
UnDISCOVERED Future World Tour
MNSSHP
AK Backstage Tour (it is not called that anymore and it is also a different Tour)
Magic Behind the Steam Trains Tour
Poly Luau show (can't remember the name at the moment)
Disney Florist surprise gift delivered to the room

Last edited:
Backstage Magic Tour

We also really liked the tour they used to do where you rode around Epcot on Segways.

Hands down Club Villain. Nothing else has come close.

But a HUGE MNSSHP fan. Been so many times I forget its a special event.

We did the Wishes dessert once. What a waste of money!!! Desserts weren't great and by the time were through the confusing lines to get in, we were ushered out only a few minutes later to the viewing area fro the fireworks. Only had time to taste a few desserts, but they weren't all that good. No seats, just the same view as everyone else that didn't pay. Never again!

Illuminations cruise was awesome!

I loved the Illuminations boat cruise, and the Behind the Seeds tour is always an economical delight for me. It's a great little tour, especially if you're a fan of Living with the Land.

Another vote for the Illuminations cruise. It's such a relaxing way to end a day with the family.

Villains Unleashed...even though it was a disaster
MNSSHP and MVMCP are great...I like Halloween a little more
Frozen Fireworks Dessert Party
but I think the coolest was Ferrytale Wishes....I think its still offered. You go on a dessert party with booze on the Ferry Boat from TTC and when Wishes starts it just sits in the middle of Seven Seas Lagoon and you have an amazing view of Wishes
Wish upon a night full of stars, fireworks and magic as you sail the Seven Seas Lagoon in style.
Join us for Ferrytale Wishes, a unique dessert party and fireworks viewing event aboard one of the iconic Magic Kingdom ferry boats (named after a Disney Legend). Enjoy a special voyage featuring decadent sweets, specialty beverages (with and without alcohol—in a special glow glass!) and one-of-a-kind views of the world-famous Wishes Nighttime Spectacular above Magic Kingdom Park. Our specially created dessert menu includes:

• “The Grand” Key Lime Tart
  • Polynesian De-constructed Pineapple Upside Down Cake
  • Contemporary “Traditional with a Twist” Spiced Flourless Chocolate Cake
  • “Main Street” Mickey Balloon Tarts
  • Mini “Fireworks” Cupcakes with a Pop
  • Cinderella’s Sugar Slipper with Orange Financier
  • Florida Mango Panna Cotta
Plus, you can enjoy a refreshing assortment of beverages, including sparkling wine, coffee and our signature punch.

Reservations
Ferrytale Wishes: A Fireworks Dessert Cruise will take place on select nights. Admission is $99 for adults and $69 for children ages 3 to 9 (tax and gratuity included; discounts do not apply), and includes a take-away Souvenir Palette Plate & Glow Glass.

To ensure spectacular viewing for all, capacity is limited per cruise—advance reservations are strongly recommended! You can book your cruise online here, or by calling (407) 939-3463. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Last edited:
Love Club Villian and hope to do it again!
Wild Africa Trek was awesome.
Family Magic Tour at MK, we've done this twice. It's a lot of fun for kids around 5-9.
We did Pirates and Pals about 9 years ago and really loved it. Not sure if it has changed much though.

We have also done the Wishes dessert party and Star Wars dessert party probably wouldn't do those again.

We've done a lot of extras through the years and can't say I didn't enjoy any of the tours. We love to dive in the living seas in Epcot but you have to be a certified diver for that (which we are). The only extra we've done that was a one and done was the dessert party at MK. It was when it was on Tomorrowland Terrace and they assigned seats to you. That was all good but when it came time for the FWs everyone got up and went to the rail which was right in front of us so we could have stood on main street and saved our money and had a better view. The desserts were just so - so, I mean how many desserts can one person eat at one time, in my case, less than one.

They don't do them anymore, but DW and I enjoyed Epcot After Hours at Tutto Gusto. It was very relaxing, and the stroll through an empty WS/EP afterward was very nice. Great way to end the evening.

It's hard to choose because I enjoyed all the extras we have done! I will rank them.
1. Keys to the Kingdom (did this a year ago and I LOVED it! Our tour guide was awesome. There are some things we learned/saw/experienced that I will remember forever!)
2. Early Morning Magic (7 rides on 7DMT, one on Peter Pan, one on Pooh, and a pretty decent breakfast. Left the park at 9:30 to check out of our resort and got a personal van ride back because it was too early for buses)
3. Star Wars Fireworks Dessert Party (would have been higher if the tables had chairs)
4. Wishes Dessert Party (when it was still assigned seating. The view just wasn't that great but I still liked it because my husband loves Wishes but I hate the crowds so this was a way we could watch it without a million people around.

A highlight for my husband was when we arrived at our room (on our Anniversary) and he found the gift I had delivered for him from Disney... a Disney cooler with beer, chips, salsa and a Disney bottle opener!

We did the Keys to the Kingdom tour... we liked it but probably would have enjoyed it more if we had a better tour guide... long story!

We'll be doing the Highway in the Sky Dine Around in March so I'm hoping we can add that as a highlight!

Did the wishes dessert party: waste of time and $ IMO. Ordered the Mickey's big birthday celebration for daughter: AMAZING. Pirates & Pals Cruise: So much fun! Wonderland Tea party with Mad Hatter & Alice: Daughter had a blast both times she went.

Early Morning Magic - Fantasyland. Multiple walk on rides for Peter Pan / 7DMT / Winnie the Pooh / Prince Charming Carousel. Decent Breakfast. First in line for princess meet and greet. Allows you to utilize 3 fast passes later for other attractions. Trickle down effect is never waited more than 18 minutes for any ride for the entire day. Was fortunate enough to get to be the EMM "family of the day" that provided a little extra magic as well.

We have done several dessert parties. From a strict dollars ans cents view, not worth the money. Though I try, you just can't eat enough to get your money's worth. However, they're fun and worth doing, just not money-wise.

I thought the Star Wars dessert party was worth it; however, to be fair, it was when it was still outside and it was on the FIRST night of the new projections being added (this was not planned that way, we just got lucky). Also, I lucked out and bought the tickets while my son was still 9 (he turned 10 by the time of the event), so only charged for one adult and one kid (I might feel differently if I was charged an adult price for a 10 year old who can't drink alcohol, obviously)

Pirates and Pals cruise was worth it. Again, though, we had 2 adults, 9 year old, and twin 2 year olds...so we paid the price of 2 adults and 1 kid in 2015 for all 5 of us to go. My twins, now a year and a half later, still talk about it and want to do it on our next trip. I don't want to know what the price will be then!

Character meals-I don't find doing every single one worth it (especially for easy to meet characters like Mickey), but two or three over a week is a must do for us

Specialty cake-I ordered a specialty cake for my DH. He ended up getting sick before that meal, so the surprise was ruined. The cake was still really cool!

I really would have loved to add Family Magic Tour to this, but we had an injury RIGHT before the tour started, so we never got to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter