Best Thing you have done that was an Extra Cost Experiences like Dessert Parties, etc.

Oh, I almost forgot the biggest one-FISHING (in world showcase, no less)
DH just loved it. He loved it so much we booked to do it again, so twice in one trip.

Keys to the Kingdom - hands down the best experience we've had in WDW.
Pirates and Pals - well worth the money. Our kids loved it only slightly more than we did.

I thought the Star Wars dessert party was worth it; however, to be fair, it was when it was still outside and it was on the FIRST night of the new projections being added (this was not planned that way, we just got lucky). Also, I lucked out and bought the tickets while my son was still 9 (he turned 10 by the time of the event), so only charged for one adult and one kid (I might feel differently if I was charged an adult price for a 10 year old who can't drink alcohol, obviously)

Pirates and Pals cruise was worth it. Again, though, we had 2 adults, 9 year old, and twin 2 year olds...so we paid the price of 2 adults and 1 kid in 2015 for all 5 of us to go. My twins, now a year and a half later, still talk about it and want to do it on our next trip. I don't want to know what the price will be then!

Character meals-I don't find doing every single one worth it (especially for easy to meet characters like Mickey), but two or three over a week is a must do for us

Specialty cake-I ordered a specialty cake for my DH. He ended up getting sick before that meal, so the surprise was ruined. The cake was still really cool!

I really would have loved to add Family Magic Tour to this, but we had an injury RIGHT before the tour started, so we never got to go.

Was the outside Star Wars party supposed to be better than the inside one?

I just did After Hours on the 27th and it was amazing. I paid around $90 because I'm a passholder, but most of the rides were open and all were a walk on. In addition included ice cream, popcorn & drinks.
In contrast I also did the morning one with just 3 rides open for 1 hr 15 mins and the breakfast was only OK for $75. Cannot recommend that one.

Segway at Epcot-now gone :(
Backstage Safari at AK-I think also gone :(
Keys to the Kingdom is awesome.

We didn't love the Wishes dessert party, not so much because of the view, but because we weren't crazy for the desserts. That was back when it was a lot cheaper also. Only time I'd book it now would be at MNSSHP so I wasn't fighting the crowds.

We want to try the SW DP so I think that's on the list coming up, as is DAH at MK if it's offered while we are there(fingers crossed).

Oh, I almost forgot the biggest one-FISHING (in world showcase, no less)
DH just loved it. He loved it so much we booked to do it again, so twice in one trip.

This is something I'm going to have to look into. Fishing World Showcase Lagoon as the sun comes up would be amazing.

The Sense of Africa tour at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, pricey but worth every penny to be that close to Okapi and Giraffes! And it includes breakfast at Boma.

Love the illuminations Cruises also. Shared with some amazing people and a fabulous view of illuminations.

Also the Family Magic Tour, that was a lot of fun.

Pirate & Pals fireworks cruise
Star Wars Dessert Party
Renting a pontoon boat from Wilderness Lodge (two years ago) - this was so relaxing & a great way to start our trip on our arrival day.

1.Dive Quest- scuba diving in the Living seas. If you are not certified , try the "Aqua seas Tour"
2.Dine with an imagineer- They rotate imagineers so every time I did it it was interesting. One of the best was actually the vice president of operations at WDW. Interesting to hear from that perspective as opposed to your front line imagineer.
3. Just about any tour but some favorites are
"Behind the seeds" walking tour version of the land boat ride.
"Back stage magic" 7 hours and visits at all 4 parks. This overlaps many smaller(but more indepth) tours I had also done but also offered things not seen on others.
"Wild by Design" & "Backstage safari"
"KTTK"
"undiscovered future world"
Not sure if they still do it but there was a "holiday" behind the scenes tour. Very interesting. You learned about how everything is done and see the massive warehouses full of decorations.
4. "Wild Africa Trek"
5. "Indy racing experience" 10 laps driving your own Indy car at the former WDW speedway.

Keys To The Kingdom was AWESOME. The tour that included all 4 parks was AWESOME. Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is AWESOME!
Wishes dessert party was great when it first started.. the last time we went, it was just sad.
I am spending my next Vacation at Universal for a change of pace, but I am taking a night and going to MNSSHP because it's THAT much fun.

Looking for some new, special experiences that I might not be aware of. Any feedback is really appreciated. On all of the dessert parties, did you find them worth it? How were the desserts?

May sound a bit weird and different.... but... the best/most fun/extra-fee thing we did in December 2016 was... renting a golf cart at Fort Wilderness! We drove all over the property during the day, had dinner at Trails End, then drove around in the golf cart and looked at all the campsite Christmas decorations in the dark! It was so much fun! My husband loved this! I think the golf cart rental was only $62. Will never forget this experience!

This is something I'm going to have to look into. Fishing World Showcase Lagoon as the sun comes up would be amazing.
They caught a lot of fish too!
It was really cool being in the world showcase and then we head over close to DHS and could see Tower of Terror while fishing.

EMM in fantasyland. I LOVED it. Worth every penny.
Dessert party MK years ago - it was good for the money back in 2013. I would not pay the price they are charging now.

We did the Wishes Dessert party when it first came out and we loved it. There was no crowd, everyone stayed at their tables accept a few kids from the back area that could not see the fireworks, and the price was not bad for the amount of food. I don't know that is still worth it with the higher price and bigger crowd.

We did the Keys to the Kingdom tour and it was great. The tour guide answered all of the groups questions and the mix of rides and trivia were just right.

Dessert party was cool when it first came out. Wasn't crowded at all, the desserts were ok, and I think it cost us around $20 a person. Last time we went it was up to $30 or so a person and was much more crowded. Also seemed like the desserts weren't as good/well stocked. I certainly would not do it for what they are charging now.

Mickey's Halloween Party was a pretty cool event two years ago. Not sure we'd do it again -- fun but super expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter