Best Tennis Shoe for Disney?

I got my shoes....I bought NB brand....I looooove them so far, I am working on breaking them in....I bought a type of Cross Trainers, so hopefully I will have better luck this year:thumbsup2 Cannot go thru what I did last year, I am thinking of alternating with Crocs, however, last year after I ruined my feet after Day 1, the crocs felt like needles in my feet, so I was really disappointed....:confused3 but will give them another try....Thanks everyone for the advice:thumbsup2

Everyone seems to love the Crocs. Do you wear them with socks or without? I would think that they would be hotter than sneakers. :shamrock: ::MinnieMo
Both--it depends on the weather. I am a true croc fan. I had horrible feet pain but the crocs (as unattractive as they are) were fantastic for me. I can walk the whole 12 days at WDW andNO feet pain. Heavon!

I'm not sure if you were looking for the best shoes to use while touring or tennis shoes only.
I used to wear Crocs but on the last 4 trips, I wore Keen's. Now when I'm down there, I see tons of people in Keen's and tons of people in Crocs. I usually strike up a conversation with someone in Keen's if they're sitting next to me to ask how their shoes are working since I think they're the best. I haven't heard any negative comments but then again, I've only talked to about 15 people at the most over the past 4 visits.
If you haven't seen them, they're like a gym/hiking/sandal shoe combo. I have had no blisters, no sore feet, and no sore legs with them.

DH just got back from WDW and said disney crocs were EVERYWHERE. He was disgusted...lol

However, I can't stress enough how good shoes are a must. He was unexpectedly delayed over there (poor him) and had to go buy shoes. He did 2 days of parks in skechers and got massive blisters. Bought some Jordans and was fine after, but he's suffering with those blisters now. Whatever you get, make sure that they are COMFY!

Has anyone tried the salomon techamphibians?

I tried on some Keens and they rubbed my feet funny...:(

New Balance, New Balance, New Balance!! I do not work for the company, but I am their biggest fan. I have REALLY sensitive feet--very prone to blisters and becoming irritated from lots of walking--and these are the only shoes I have ever owned that keep my feet blister free and happy. They are very light weight, but SOOOOO supportive. I think they are worth every penny!

Before my last trip to WDW I read a post on these boards recommending you take 2 pairs of comfortable shoes with you. That was great advice! I switched out shoes when my feet were getting tired or slightly sore and would wear the second pair for a day or two; then switch back again. For some reason, that worked very well. My personal favorites are Saucony and Teva.

I have ASICS Men's GEL and I can advice it . These shoes are built with a lot of synthetic materials that help keep them light in weight. Even the sole on them is more synthetic based as opposed to more traditional rubber soles. Asics has designed these in several different color combinations also.
I really like the way these shoes have excellent padding throughout them. They are very comfortable, to say the least. They have gel cushioning in both the front and back of the shoe. This also helps them fit the form of your foot nicely too.

I agree with everyone who has mentioned Ascis. They are the only sneakers I will wear. I have the Gel Nimbus 17's now, but will be getting the 19's before my trip in October. I have horrible feet and these make my feet feel good. I also have a regiment of Body Glide and blister band-aids for my baby toes and have had no feet issues in over 10 years and I go twice a year.

:donald:

Wow - this thread is 10 years old. I can't count the number of related threads about which shoe is best for Disney but there's got to be a bunch. When you read them you'll find recommendations for just about every single shoe brand/style. Obviously, what works for some does not work for all.

Listen to your feet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter