Best Tennis Shoe for Disney?

dsnygirl2006

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone
I am going shopping for my Disney shoes and I would just like to know what Tennis Shoe everyone recommends? I wore a pair of Skechers last year and after Day 1 my feet were ruined, so any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated...thanks so much

Everyone in my family wears New Balance cross-trainers and no one has any foot issues while we are there.

I think it depends on the shape of your foot. The last time I bought new sneakers for WDW I had two criteria:
1) Ventilation (leather sneakers got hot)
2) No rubbing on my little toes (where I usually get irritated).

I ended up with some Nike running shoes that were more wide in the toe box area.

I have been wearing the same tennis shoe for more than 5 years. Reebok DMX, they are so comfortable. I can wear them all over Disney with no worries.

Blessings,
Winnie

I like nikes. I wouldn't do skechers again because they don't really have a lot of padding (I have a lot of skechers, lol).

oh, unless you put some dr. scholl's inside and are gellin'...I might do that to whatever shoe I get...

You'll probably find as many answers as you have responders.:)

I like my canvas, stretch Keds. I usually wear my sandals in the morning and my Keds in the evening.

Hi everyone
I am going shopping for my Disney shoes and I would just like to know what Tennis Shoe everyone recommends? I wore a pair of Skechers last year and after Day 1 my feet were ruined, so any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated...thanks so much
My dh and I have had several doctors, trainers and shoe salemen tell us the NB is the best. We believe they are right. What ever shoe you decide on make sure it is broken in before you wear them at Disney. Never, never,never take brand new walking shoes. You will be sorry.

I wear Nike Air walking sneakers. They are quite comfy and I have knee problems after doing a lot of walking, but these seem to do the trick.

I have found that Pumas or Nike Cross trainers or runners work the best. That is what I have worn the last two times we have been to Disney. I have never owned NB, but that is all my dad wears and swears by them. Good luck!

Yes, runners and cross trainers would be the best tennis shoe. I love New Balance shoes. When we go this year though, I think I'll give my crocs a try w/my new balance shoes as a back up.

Had no problems with my New Balance running shoes. Liked them better than my walking ones because they had some mesh on them and not all leather. I only lasted one day in my walking ones because they were just too hot and heavy.

I'm happy to see a lot of other people have responded that they like New Balance. That's my choice too. And seriously the most important part is BREAK THEM IN! I just my NB (running shoes this time because I got a great deal--although I usually have used cross-trainers) for my trip 3 months from now. My only problem is sometimes the top end of the heel rubs my ankle after a ton of walking, so I use moleskin as extra padding for no blisters.

I believe the best Disney shoe is one that is comfortable on you and broken in. However, after polling everyone I know that does Disney we all agree that we buy and use for Disney the best quality walking/running shoes (NB, Reebok DMX, and Nike), everything else was just preference - such as nylon v. leather

For years, I have worn the Princess style Reebok and never had any problems... no blisters, no hot spots, no rubbing, nothing. This shoe fits me so perfectly that it's the only style I buy. My DH keeps trying to get me to try another style or brand. I tell him there is no reason because I am happy and satisfied with the Princess Reeboks. It's the only sneaker I will wear to Disney because I know I won't have any problem whatsoever! I always make sure I have 2-3 well broken in pairs but, as well as these fit my foot, I don't think a new pair would bother me.

This is just my personal experience...your mileage may vary! ;)

Me..I'm NOT a new balance fan. Didn't think they were terrible, just nothing special...but it purely depends on your feet! I was a die hard Nike Air fan until I shoe shopped the last time and the sales guy had me try on a pair of Ascics Gel Nimbus IV. I have never walked in anything so comfortable and light. I am a new fan. I might mention that although I don't run, I am a trauma ICU nurse and spend a lot of time on my feet.

I agree on the Asics Gel. My model is a GT2120. They are the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn. I've been wearing Asics running shoes for about 5 years. No, I'm not a runner, and never had a blister.

My DH swears by his New Balance and I love my Asics. We spend a lot of time and miles in our shoes, so we don't mind spending a little more $$ for foot comfort.

If you really don't mind spending some time, go to a good sporting goods store and try on different shoes. A good shoe person will know about the different shoe for different feet. My oldest DD was trained at City Sports to ask questions and then direct people to different shoes based on their answers.

I have been wearing the same tennis shoe for more than 5 years. Reebok DMX, they are so comfortable. I can wear them all over Disney with no worries.

Blessings,
Winnie

I'm glad to hear that you like Reebok DMX because I just bought a pair on clearance, and I think I like them because they feel very cushiony. I'm bringing them as a backup to my crocs.

Yes, runners and cross trainers would be the best tennis shoe. I love New Balance shoes. When we go this year though, I think I'll give my crocs a try w/my new balance shoes as a back up.

Everyone seems to love the Crocs. Do you wear them with socks or without? I would think that they would be hotter than sneakers. :shamrock: ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter