Best stroller for a 5 year old??

CherishL

Earning My Ears
Hi! My husband and I are planning our daughter’s first trip to Disney in Oct. She will be 5. Should we take a stroller for her and what is the best recommendation if so? Thanks so much!

Are you driving or flying? If you're flying, I'd rent at Disney. A five year old can handle the airport without a stroller. You can rent either directly from the parks or one of the rental companies, depending on if you want to deal with it on transportation or not. If you're driving and can just throw it in the car, I'd get an inexpensive lightweight or umbrella stroller. I love ZOE lightweight strollers for travel, but they're pricey if this is all you'll use if for.

We found renting a Disney double stroller (even with only one child) to be perfect at that age. Plenty of room for the child, along with my backpack, to give my back a rest, and other things such as changes of clothes and shoes for water rides. I kind of regretted it when our youngest was finally old enough to never want a stroller and we had to start carrying everything.

We found renting a Disney double stroller (even with only one child) to be perfect at that age. Plenty of room for the child, along with my backpack, to give my back a rest, and other things such as changes of clothes and shoes for water rides. I kind of regretted it when our youngest was finally old enough to never want a stroller and we had to start carrying everything.
I felt the same way..
We used a MacClaren umbrella stroller ..
I bought it used on craigslist for $100 used it for for two disney trips / two years and sold it for $100.
On the last trip I took it even though he did not ride in in much because I used it for the backpack and filled it with snacks

I really wish they made the stroller so one side could fit an adult. That way, one parent could take a breather with the kid!:blush:

We think that the jogging strollers are the best type of strollers to use, especially for older kids. Those umbrella strollers are not really made for that kind of weight and they get really hard to push. Not to mention that the handles always seem to be too low and you're leaning over to push the stroller causing back pain.

My son is 4 but the size of a 5yo. We still take the stroller because Disney days are long!

We have a BOB stroller that he still fits in but it's getting a little tight with the canopy over his head (he's tall, 44"). I'd definitely recommend a jogging stroller!

Hi! My husband and I are planning our daughter’s first trip to Disney in Oct. She will be 5. Should we take a stroller for her and what is the best recommendation if so? Thanks so much!

When we took our son at that age, we found the rental strollers in the park were great. They are long on the bottom so the legs can stretch out. Much more comfortable for an older kid.

Be sure to make your kid WALK as much as possible in the morning and use the stroller in the afternoon.

If the kid rides in the stroller all morning, then by lunchtime you will be tried and ready to sit down awhile, but the kid will be full of energy and want to run around like crazy. I only made this mistake once!

-Paul

I love ZOE strollers for Disney because they are super lightweight and easy to fold, have cup accessories for kid and parent, large basket for bags and, probably most importantly, have huge sun shades to pull down.

They do have an outlet section on their website for discounted strollers and they are easy to resell.

My 5 year old fits comfortably in one.

We rented from Kingdom strollers and had a 2 seat jogging stroller for our 5 and 2 year old. The 5 year old enjoyed the ride, the 2 year old was carried most of the time smh.

City Mini GT is what we had for our 5yo. Rented through Kingdom Strollers. Very light, easy to maneuver and a great recline for when they pass out. It also has a great canopy as well.
Not sure if you're able to answer this, but is this stroller good for tall(er) people? My whole party are 5'9-6'1 and I've found strollers like the Summer infant 3D lite to be super uncomfortable on my back when pushing. I've never really been partial to any stroller but everyone says that it is a *must* for our 3-almost-4 year old for our trip.

Not sure if you're able to answer this, but is this stroller good for tall(er) people? My whole party are 5'9-6'1 and I've found strollers like the Summer infant 3D lite to be super uncomfortable on my back when pushing. I've never really been partial to any stroller but everyone says that it is a *must* for our 3-almost-4 year old for our trip.

I think it has an adjustable handle bar. That should help

It does have an adjustable handlebar, like sponica said. My husband is 6' and i'm 5'4, so it works well for the both of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter