Best Secrets in Disneyland

Awesome thread! I am contemplating a stop at DL and DCA this August when we are back in the US for a little bit. This has been so fun to read!

Cant believe how many great finds there are in this thread!! Im so excited and have to get more paper for my list of things to look for and find. Maybe I can find something new to post here:goodvibes

Thank you all for the info:banana::banana:

Okay, here's a new secret...
Thurl Ravenscroft, the owner of the amazing deep voice heard in "Grim Grinning Ghosts" and many other Disney attractions and movies, also provides the voice of one of the parrots in the Tiki Room. Can you guess which one?

I'll post the answer later!

PS - He also sang "You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch". Love that voice!

Okay, here's a new secret...
Thurl Ravenscroft, the owner of the amazing deep voice heard in "Grim Grinning Ghosts" and many other Disney attractions and movies, also provides the voice of one of the parrots in the Tiki Room. Can you guess which one?

I'll post the answer later!

PS - He also sang "You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch". Love that voice!

Fritz, I always though it's kind of funny because of his other voices that he did Fritz with a german accent.

Ahhh...skiingfast, you arefast!:)
Yup, Thurl voices Fritz, the German parrot!
"Ach du lieber!"

I was super disappointed when I came back in 07 and there was no more Jamboree. It was one of the things I most loved about my first trip to DL, that small bear swinging on her swing :)

The grates on main street have a vanilla smell pumped through them to make Disney guests hungry. During the holiday months they change the smell to peppermint.

The Casey Jr. train was originally supposed to be a rollercoaster and would've been DL's first thrill ride.

The grates on main street have a vanilla smell pumped through them to make Disney guests hungry. During the holiday months they change the smell to peppermint.

The Casey Jr. train was originally supposed to be a rollercoaster and would've been DL's first thrill ride.

WOW! We go in 2 wks and I know Im going to look crazy but Im going to smell the gates:lmao: I will try not to make it so obvious:rolleyes:

I have some young friends who recently got their annual passes, and they have diligently been learning about all of the special touches and secrets at the resort. I have fun listening to them tell me about their latest adventures. :goodvibes

I sent them a link to this thread so they can learn more. :)

I'm sure this has been previously mentioned in this thread but just thought I would pass along since it was brought to our attention when we were at DL last week. While waiting in line for Peter Pan's Flight another guest mentioned looking up at the window above the Snow White's Adventure attraction. Maleficent peeks out from behind the curtains and looks down upon the guests in Fantasyland! Very cool! :wizard:

WOW! We go in 2 wks and I know Im going to look crazy but Im going to smell the gates:lmao: I will try not to make it so obvious:rolleyes:

Well, my post said grates so you'll look pretty silly sniffing gates!! ha ha.
I do remember smelling the vanilla. It smells like waffle cones (and maybe it is, too, since Gibson Girl is right there on Main St.) But I don't remember smelling peppermint during Christmas time. That was a tid-bit I read from somebody else on another forum.

I'm sure this has been previously mentioned in this thread...
Yes, on the first page.

...but just thought I would pass along since it was brought to our attention when we were at DL last week. While waiting in line for Peter Pan's Flight another guest mentioned looking up at the window above the Snow White's Adventure attraction. Maleficent peeks out from behind the curtains and looks down upon the guests in Fantasyland! Very cool! :wizard:
It's not Maleficent, it's the Wicked Queen.

Just read all 24 pages of this, and I doubt I'm the first one. Great thread! Here are a few I can add:

On the Indiana Jones ride, there is a small area behind the projection screen in the queue which I believe you can only access if you're doing single rider or if you are (or are traveling with) a guest with disabilities. In that area there is a crate labeled "Send to Club Obi Wan." This is a reference to a club in the second Indiana Jones movie; which is itself a refrence to, of course, Star Wars! :yoda:

Also, I'm surprised no one mentioned the "Wells Expedition" sign on the Matterhorn. It was put there to honor Frank Wells, Disney's President and Chief Operating Officer from 1984 to his tragic death in 1994. Wells was an avid mountain climber, and there is a matching "Wells Expedition" sign on Expedition Everest at WDW, though Everest is the only one of the Seven Summits he was not able to complete in his lifetime. (According to Wikipedia, " bad weather forced his party to give up one day before reaching the summit.") There is also a building at the studio in Burbank named after him that is home to, among other things, a Starbucks where I did daily coffee runs as an intern last year. :donald:

My last secret is something most people probably won't care about, but it will amuse weirdos like me. :rotfl2: If you are in line for any Disneyland ride and there is an emergency exit, and a rope between you and the exit, look at the rope. It probably is split in the middle, with two magnets holding it together. (I assume this is so if someone is sprinting towards the exit the rope won't trip them.) I discovered this by accident when I tried to lean on the rope :( and since then if I'm bored :bored: in line and I see one I might dramatically karate chop it! Just be sure to put it back after. :earboy2:

Yes, on the first page.

It's not Maleficent, it's the Wicked Queen.

Yes, it's the Wicked Queen! I stand corrected!

Just trying to share a little piece of Disney magic that my family got to experience on our first trip to DL. Have a magical day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter