Best resort for 3 generations

formytinkerbelle

Mouseketeer
The trip will include my 2 children, 4 and 6, my husband and I, and my mother and father-in-law. Price is not an issue and we might even like to stay all together. I like the idea of the Treehouses. My children would enjoy water features, my husband and I also want to enjoy pools, entertainment and lots of activity, and my in-laws want a relaxing setting. What would you recommend for us?

I love the treehouses and have stayed there. One thing to remember since there are two couples. The master bedroom has a king bed. One other bedroom has one queen bed, the third bedroom has a set of bunk beds, and then there is pull out sofa in the living room. (I believe that last was a queen bed also.) So if each couple wanted a King, it would not be possible.

I would recommend an EP resort, such as Boardwalk and Beach Club. You can look into the villas. It seems like it would be a wonderful fit for all of you. :thumbsup2

We had three generations at the Polynesian and everyone loved it. This was late May/early June timeframe. When the grandparents didn't feel like trekking around the parks, thy hung out by the quiet pool or beach and enjoyed a drink or the view or just relaxed. Everyone loved the atmosphere in general. Our son, 3 at the time, had a ball at both pools. The ease of transportation was appreciated by all. My pregnant sister, grandparents who like a break from walking sometimes and our son liked the closeness of the Epcot monorail - we just walked to TTC - and we all took advantage of both the monorail and boat to MK. We also took the AK bus from TTC instead of the resort bus stop to cut out some stops. S'mores and movies on the beach with wishes in the background was so special. Everyone in my family would highly recommend the poly for your trip.

I would suggest the Grande Villa at OKW. They are huge!!
We love OKW, it's so peaceful and a great place to relax after a day at the parks.

If you are looking for a place you can stay together, I would definitely look into the deluxe villas.

I loved the treehouses and SSR had good water features for the little kids and slides for the big kids/adults- one thing to keep in mind about the treehouses is that they are not real close to the resort itself. There is a bus to take you from the treehouse loop to SSR, or you could hop on the boat, or walk (about 10-15 mins). They are lovely though and very relaxing! There is a huge deck to sit and enjoy coffee. We had a river view and loved watching boats go past.

Other resorts that have the villas include Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, Bay Lake Towers....and I'm not sure if I missed any. They are Disney Vacation Club resorts, but a certain number of villas are left for anyone to use. You could also rent points - I don't know anything about that.

I have also heard that AKL is very relaxing, and if the grandparents stayed back at the resort, they could watch the animals. Kidani has a great water area for kids. This is the next villa that I want to try.

formytinkerbelle said:
The trip will include my 2 children, 4 and 6, my husband and I, and my mother and father-in-law. Price is not an issue and we might even like to stay all together. I like the idea of the Treehouses. My children would enjoy water features, my husband and I also want to enjoy pools, entertainment and lots of activity, and my in-laws want a relaxing setting. What would you recommend for us?

I would recommend a Boardwalk resort since you want entertainment and activity. SSR does not have that IMO.

I did not enjoy the THV. I would go for a grand villa at BWV first and second would be one at AKL or AKV.

If you decide not to stay all on one villa I would go with BWI.

Boardwalk Villas! Relaxing for grandparents, fun pool for the kids, entertainment steps away and location, location, location. 2nd choice would be BCV.

Thanks for the suggestions! We are planning a December trip and will discuss all of this with the in-laws. I like the concept of the Treehouses but not if they are so far away from everything. That sounds like it could get annoying.

I don't think we would go for the Boardwalk because we are from the Jersey shore and why stay there when we live there at home, know what I mean?

The Animal Kingdom villas look great! I am so excited for the planning to begin.

formytinkerbelle said:
Thanks for the suggestions! We are planning a December trip and will discuss all of this with the in-laws. I like the concept of the Treehouses but not if they are so far away from everything. That sounds like it could get annoying.

I don't think we would go for the Boardwalk because we are from the Jersey shore and why stay there when we live there at home, know what I mean?

The Animal Kingdom villas look great! I am so excited for the planning to begin.

Animal Kingdom does have a lot of what you're looking for. The splash area at Kidani is really cool and there are a lot of activities for the kids. It is off the beaten bath so it's not the best place if you're looking to be in the middle of things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter