• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best resort and QS options when dealing with dietary restrictions/allergies?

Zombie

Mouseketeer
What do you find are some of the best spots for eating when you've got multiple allergies/dietary restrictions to deal with? Last year was our first year doing Disney with the health issue in the party.

We found the sit-down restaurants were pretty decent at accommodating and understanding but weren't quite as impressed with QS or even tracking down snack options (beyond the obvious -- fruit, veg). If you have any suggestions on particularly accommodating QS (or ones with good variety of options), it'd be much appreciated. But even if you have an shining TS experiences or snack revelations, it'd be appreciated.

It's an anti-inflammatory dietary plan. So it's pretty restrictive. The condition also places restrictions on how we plan our days and how long we're out and about-- or even if we venture into the parks on a particular day. So we don't intend to use ADR -- we just don't know where we'll be when or how long we'll be able to stay or if we'd be up to venturing back to a park if we'd already left. So any TS suggests that stand out as places that have good choices and understanding accommodation but you can often get a table as a walk-up in short order, would also be appreciated.

If you have had any shining experience with a TS and QS on a resort too -- that'd be great because since we do spend a lot of time on the resort because of the health issue, we certainly would like to have a place that has good food and accommodating/flexible service when dealing with diet restrictions. We'd give our previous resort mixed views in that regard (CSR). But we loved the pools and the room and the uncrowded busing so much that might still be where we go back. We're also considering the other moderates and there's a possibility we might splurge for a cabin at WL or a suite at AOA ... or perhaps 'downgrade' to a suite at AS Music or just a room at POP. But I stayed on a 'value' resort (AS Movies) years and years and years ago and after seeing moderate, I'm not sure I could go back to a value -- and my concern is mounted since they just have the food courts too and not a TS.

Of course, we'll be having groceries delivered and taking our own snacks into the park to bulk up our access and options and to ensure there's always something available and accessible to eat.

We have two people in our group with different allergies: one child with allergies to 9 foods (some common, some more obscure!) and one gluten, dairy free adult. We have definitely had the best experiences at TS. Best TS for allergies: trail's end. They are often open for last minute ADRs, too, so that fits the bill well! We went last minute, but will make a point of going back now that we know chef TJ is worth the hype! Desserts in particular are fantastical! We really have only had one bad allergy experience: le cellier. The waitress argued with me about an ingredient that was visible and tasted on my dd's plate. She did not believe the child or me, so I had to be very clear that we could not accept it and they needed to make a new plate. Upsetting, to say the least! We recently stayed at WL and found the QS there addressed our allergy needs very easily. The POLY's QS (and in parks) were so slow to respond to requests, I usually just order my specific needs without mentioning the allergy. We do not have life threatening allergies. The only restaurant we have had (2) allergic reactions at was Tusker House. Staff was very nice, but we won't return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter