Best Places to eat with almost 3 YO

Mayhem1976

Mouseketeer
So everything is officially booked!! I can make my ADR's in June and would like opinions about dining with a little one.

We plan on trying to do 1 character meal and I'm thinking buffets, just because they might be easier/quicker.

i haven't been in 7 years and this is the first time as a family so I am open to any and all suggestions!

Thanks

We have been taking our kids since they were 18 mo. old and they just completed their 6th and 8th trips. We always tried to include buffets like you mentioned as much as possible. They always have fruit, plain veggies, mashed potatoes, etc... My kids are fairly adventurous eaters.

Our favorites are Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's (breakfast only), Tusker House (offers different choices that you may like and kid fare that child may like) and Biergarten. Even now we still visit the buffets because it allows our kids to choose something other than chicken nuggets, spaghetti or mac and cheese offered at most other places.

Hope this helps some! :)

My vote for an almost 3 year old would be Crystal Palace. I've yet to meet a child in that age group girl or boy who doesn't love Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet. Children get to dance around following the characters.

It also is an easier ADR to get than Chef Mickeys and they are open for B, L and D.

If you're going to Epcot, think about trying the Coral Reef. It is our DS's favorite restaurant, and has been since we first took him at age 2.5. He absolutely loves watching the fish, the sharks, the rays, and the turtles. It is the only restaurant he cares about going to every trip. It is a somewhat expensive table service restaurant (one credit on the DDP, though), so we like to go for lunch.

If you haven't tried character meals with your almost 3 year old, don't book too many. That first trip we took DS on, we booked two different character meals, and DS turned out to be terrified of characters. He isn't afraid of princesses, but just about everyone else he would rather watch from a distance. So no Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey's for us - we stick to CRT and Akershus, even with a boy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter