Best parts of WDW for adults?

You're pretty close to your trip, but if you haven't already take a look at what is available as far as dining reservations go. there are lots of places that offer adult beverages (Olivia's for breakfast and some early morning drinks is my favorite!) and make sure you do fastpass + for your must-do rides! I recommend taking some time to shop and dine at Disney Springs, and definitely "drink around the world" at epcot! In Magic Kingdom make sure to check out Wishes and try a waffle sandwich at Sleepy Hollow! For Hollywood studios, Tower or Terror is a must- and don't miss the Indiana Jones show! At Animal Kingdom you CANNOT MISS the safari!

Always watch the nighttime shows at the parks.

A tip I tell first timers is make a dining reservation at a hotel other than the one you are staying at- or even more than one- it allows you to see so much for the it World than you would otherwise!

I have a 2 year old and enjoy so much seeing Disney through his eyes. That being said, visiting WDW alone while attending a conference was one of my favorite Disney experiences! There is a certain sense of peace and relaxation to be felt when everyone around you is rushing off to meet family and make reservations while a little one is fighting a nap and you are totally free to do as you please. I love hopping in single rider lines and getting in and out of rides. I have also met some really interesting people who strike up a conversation with me, in part, I believe because they think I am lonely, though it is quite the opposite.

I have enjoyed adult-only trips to WDW for a few reasons ... 1)as the previous poster said it is a much more relaxed trip, and 2) with just DH and I we can afford to stay at deluxe resorts, sometimes even the concierge level :), and 3) we have enjoyed some of the behind-the-scenes tours that would maybe not be appropriate for the younger ones.
I still look forward to visits with the kids, grandkids, etc, but trips with just us two are pretty nice!

We love pool hopping in the afternoon with an indulgent cocktail. Then head back out in late afternoon when crowds are thinning or hit up a resort restaurant. We think those are by far the best!

I agree, spend as little time as possible in Fantasyland and Dinoland. Of course do the rides you want but those are the busiest with little crying kids, so if you are kid free they do get a bit annoying. Make sure to do the big rides, our fave Mission Space and stay after the ride and play the games and sent home a funny space post card.

Drinks and dinner in other resorts is fun. Still do the character dinners, they are great. They still love to goof around with adults only too.

World Showcase is great for adults.

I do not find it necessary as an adult to ride the Prince Charming Carosel, the Tomorrowland Speedway, or see the Disney Junior Show. I do not wait in lines to meet characters. I do not spend time on playgrounds. Other than these, I will do any attraction in any park in WDW. Some are must do's every trip. Some are such favorites that they are must do's every time in the park. Some are catch if there is a short enough line and I'm ok if I don't do it this year. But I am willing to do them all. And while I do enjoy all of Disney's thrill rides, my very favorites include Peter Pan, Carrosel of Progress, Tiki Birds, Country Bears, and the Peoplemover.

My boyfriend and I are going in April, and we are doing 2.5 days at Epcot ONLY... Epcot is absolutely my favorite park, far and away - it is a much more adult-centered park, to my mind. There aren't as many flashy / exciting rides; it's more about learning and experiencing. I've been there twice now, for an entire day each time, and still not come close to seeing everything yet. That's not to say that all the other parks aren't amazing too! Apart from Epcot, I probably like Hollywood Studios the best, I think... but everyone else is so right - part of the fun is releasing that child inside of you! :)

The food!!!! Food & Wine is fabulous!

Going at your own pace, people watching, shopping, and of course the rides! Specifically Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mtn, Space Mtn in MK. Soarin and Test Track at Epcot. Safari at AK.

Wishes from the Cali Grill viewing area. Illuminations from England or Mexico.

World Showcase is our favorite!

Really you can't go wrong!! Enjoy!!

We enjoyed the Keys to the Kingdom tour - no kids because of cost and length.

Too many food/drink opportunities.

I love the faster rides, meeting characters. In AK we did the badge challenges.

A few of my favorite things about WDW as an adult:
World Showcase
Trader Sam's Grog Grotto at the Poly (best bar!)
Behind the scenes tours, specifically the Epcot Seas Aqua Tour
Wandering around Boardwalk
Shopping in Disney Springs

I was just going to ask this question in a new thread. I'm glad I found this info. I was going to do fast passes but not really plan. I will start thinking of some sort of schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter