Best Park When it Rains?

sking5844

Mouseketeer
What is everyone's opinion for the best park when it is raining and you are wanting to avoid it as best as possible, but still be in a park? I hear AK is the worst because most of the attractions are outside and far apart.

We will have two young kids in tow if that matters.

I second MK. We went there while it was raining back in 2015 and there wasn't much we couldn't do.

Agree with MK, and DHS would also be pretty good. Epcot is probably the worst because of the distances between attractions/shelter.

We have thoroughly enjoyed Epcot in the rain. Quick dash between countries in the World Showcase and you can be back in the dry. The rain kind of forced us to stay in each country long enough to explore more than usual. All the rides are inside at Epcot as well, with the exception of the outdoor section of TT.

I think we have done every park in the rain.
MK is probably the best. The ride tend to be closer together and indoor queues.
AK is probably the worst as most attractions are much further apart and not as many covered queues.
HS is good as the attractions are closer together as its a smaller park.
Epcot queues are often indoors, but each attraction tends to be further apart than other parks. WS is good in the rain as lots to see inside.

Reactions: TJA
DH & I enjoy Epcot's WS in the rain, just dash between the countries & you have shops, QS/TS restaurants & some rides or movies at your disposal.

We would do EPCOT - then MK
When we came out of Rose and Crown after lunch it was pouring rain
They gave us large black garbage bags to add arm and a head hole to wear back to the
boat to our resort ;)

My one caution about MK and rain...
If there is lightning at all (like in the spring and summer), then every outdoor ride will close for at least an hour. This doesn’t sound like a big deal if you are planning indoor attractions anyway, but it has a huge impact on all other attractions. At least on a normal rainy day, you can count on FP’s and the crazy people (guilty!) riding stuff in the rain. But when the lightning comes, every affected FP is transferred into an “any attraction, any time, except 7D” for all of those rides. And those FP’s will greatly clog up the indoor attractions.

Now, for a normal rainy day, where you are trying to stay dry, then MK or Epcot are great choices. But we usually actually prefer AK. Let’s face it, even with indoor stuff, you are going to be wet. So we just roll with it. And the animals are often more active in the rain, the Safari is awesome in the rain, and it really is a beautiful park in the rain. And Kali River Rapids is usually low crowds, and we are soaked anyway. In fact, back home when there is a nice steady all-day rain, we call it an Animal Kingdom kind of day.

Some of our best park days have been in the rain. If it rains for 30 minutes or more the crowds vanish. Any park is a great park in the rain if you
don't mind getting a little wet. But with young children, I would have to say MK would be the best.

Honestly? Animal Kingdom. You might think im nuts, because it's so open, BUT if you come prepared with a full rain coat/waterproof bags to protect any electronics, it's great. Everyone else runs away. I wandered Pandora with not a SOUL in sight one evening because of rain. It was amazing. remember, it's just water! as long as you do what you need to, to protect your phone etc you can have a great time!

Does anyone think the parks clear out as much during the holiday season? Going on Tuesday and they are calling for rain Wednesday and Thursday. Just curious if that the parks will clear out like they do in the spring and summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!