Best Off-Site Restaurant's Thread

Funny, I guess it just really depends where you're from. Tony Roma's and Perkins for example are everywhere near us, so I wouldn't go there when we're in Orlando. These 3 are unique for us, very good food, and reasonably priced:

1. Giordano's
2. Chevy's
3. Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's is a very lively atmosphere with 80s music usually playing, the waitstaff will stop and do alittle dance and sing along from time to time. Kind of corny, but the kids get a kick out of it. Great crab legs and other seafood...yet they have childrens menus also, of course.

We tried the Shake n'Steak by the Crossroads in Nov. It was clean, cute and the service friendly but I didn't think the food was anything special. I had read it was cheap, but we still ended up spending about 40$ for lunch for our family of 5. It was only OK but I didn't think it was worth that! I probably won't make an effort to go back. Sounds like we'll have to try the Bonanza breakfast buffet!! Great thread!

I went to the Black Angus Steakhouse across from Wet n' Wild on my last visit since it right in my hotel (Best Western Movieland). The food was really good, affordable and plentful. I ordered the Breakfast 4 picks for under $4 the portions were big and the food tasted great. Some of the best pancakes I ever ate. I would not recommend the buffet unless you were there first thing in the morning though. Everything's covered and filled up quickly but not as clean as you'd like it to be.

Tinkerbell81284

PS- I would recommend the hotel though. Very clean rooms!

For food:
Best:
Giordanno's - good Italian food LOTS of it and the prices were great
Sweet Tomatoes
Cattleman's - Surprisingly good steak

Worst:
Joe's Crab Shack - there was glass in my salad .. and they made me pay for it anyway (ack!)

Good place to stay:
Fairfield's Star Island - beautiful, spotless, its a great big furnished apartment with a full kitchen and its very close to WDW

We always always always eat on-site vs off-site. But we've now eaten pretty much everywhere we want - so we want to consider some off-site venues for our next trip. This is great. Keep em' coming.

This wasn't during a Disney trip - but we have eaten at Chevy's - right outside the property. It was great.

It's getting to the point where I don't want to spend $100+ for me and my husband to have a nice, sit-down meal. And that's about normal for Disney restaurants. Anyone else feel strongly about this? I remember when a good meal at places such as Chefs de France, Le Cellier, Artist Pointe, etc etc - was about $80 for us. Nowadays you can't get out of there for less than $100.

Good grief.

PamNC

I have eaten at MOONFISH in Orlando once, and my mom always takes visitors there (she is now living in Orlando). It is WONDERFUL!! I had the best filet and shrimp there. They also have sushi and such. A very nice, yummy, place. I remember my meal there better than at some at WDW. We're going there again in May =) Its a nice place... people were dressed up, even.

Most of the places listed by others are chains that we have here... and we have eaten at a few in Orlando, but try to keep to the different places. I wish I had more suggestions beyond the usual chains!

Great thread!

We have only been going to Orlando for 2 years, and eat off-site about 3 out of our 5 days... We choose....
(not in any specific order)

Giordanos~ GREAT GREAT GREAT pizza!! Lots of cheese!! We always order more than we can eat so we can take it to the hotel and heat it up for snacks. The only thing we eat there is pizza, so don't know about any of their other food. Lots of coupons on the internet and it books and such!! Love it!!

Rainforest Cafe DTD~ OK, I'm not sure if you would consider this one on-site or not, but it is always a no-miss for us!! Love the Chicken Fried Chicken, and there is enough for two people! Other likables are the Jungle Turkey Wrap, a Bleu Cheese hamburger (not sure of the name) Jambalaya and the BBQ Wrap. And of course dessert being a Volcano!!!

And we just figured this one out this last trip..

SWEET TOMATOES~ From the outside, we just thought, eh? And then out second thought was.... salad buffet?? So we checked it out, the smell was good enough for me!!! This place has sooo many salad toppings you have no idea... if you can't find it here, you most likely won't find it! GREAT soups, ALL of them, yes I did try them all, a couple different pastas (both VERY good!!!) they have their own bakery and they have REALLY good corn muffins. Ice cream and a few other options for dessert. FANTASTIC place!!

Has anyone ever had the Las Vegas Buffet? We were goin to try, but $10 a person kind of shied us away not knowing how it is.... I know,cheapos... oh well, we're a family of five... what can I say?? lol

Best Chinese is the New York China Buffet at LBV near Downtown Disney. Best, cheapest freshest and widest selection of chinese food in Orlando IMHO. Much better than China Jade on I drive.::yes::

link

Loved Bahama Breeze (Vineland Avenue, just off 535). Highly recommend Olive Garden (535) and Outback Steakhouse (Vineland Ave). Recommend Chilis on the 535 for Fajitas and Molten chocolate cake!

Didn't have a bad meal at any time but rated just OK....Jungle Jims.

New York China Buffet at LBV

Nice pick! We've been to all the Chinese buffets, and this one is the best in terms of selection, freshness, and quality.

We always like to eat at Golden Corral, of which there are several in Kissamee and Orlando. The price is right and the food is good. They have a full buffet, including a steak grill. They also have a fresh bakery in the middle of the floor and baked goods and deserts are coming out of the ovens the whole time. Not one of our gourmet favorites, but for good, all-you-can-eat food, we like it. There are also money saving coupons in all the ad books.

Many of the other places mentioned are good, but Golden Corral is one chain we can't enjoy back home in NY.

hi

We enjoy eating at logans roadhouse, outback steakhouse, TGI Fridays and had a nice dinner at the celebration town tavern. This time we are thinking of trying Chilis, Tony Romas and Pizzeria Uno too. I cant wait to go now!!

If you like fajitas, noone can beat Chili's!! Their Mushroom Jack Fajitas are fabulous! The rest of their food is great too!

No offense, really. But does anyone have suggestions for restaurants that aren't common chains? I pretty much know what to expect from Hardees, Chilis, Fridays, KFC, etc.

Ilovewinniethepooh: We ate at the Las Vegas Buffet several years ago and it was great. This is the only buffet I've been to that has such a great variety of different kinds of food - everything from Italian to Mexican to seafood. My daughter is a very picky eater but when we went there I have never seen her eat that much (and haven't since then)! We are going to try it again in our trip in June. Has anyone else been there recently? Hope it is still as good as it used to be.

There is a great Italian restaurant in the Crossroads shopping center right near grocery store and the Bath & Body shop. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name but it has been there for a few years. We always try to stop there. The garlic rolls are wonderful. We usually have a dinner, but the pizzas look good, too.

Does anyone know the name of this restaurant?

Mary Lou :earsgirl:

We stayed off site last November so here is a quick review of all the restaurants we tried. Breakfeast: Far and away the best was at Golden Coral. Ponderosa was poor as was Black Angus. Waffle house was ok-I enjoyed eating breakfeast with the locals although I wasn't too impressed by the portions. Also tried Denny's which was good. Lunch: On the few days we had lunch we tried the following-Steak N Shake was simply ok. I like the diner style and liked the shakes but not impressed with the burgers and the portions. Wendy's-I used to like them but not now. Gone down hill badly. Jimmy Buffets at Universal CityWalk-Brilliant. Great food, in fact it was superb when I think about it. And the atmosphere? What can i say. Any other lunch was in the theme parks. Dinner: Here we go-Bennigans we ate there twice and was impressed with the food, portions and price. TGI Fridays I feel you can't really go wrong with these. They are always good whether you go in the states or the UK. Olive Garden-SUper fast service of food, very good prices, nice atmosphere but I didn't like the mince they use. Just doesn't taste right. I will try again though next time I visit. Chevy's-Yes very very good in all departments. Great setting, superb food, good portions and good price. No faults with this one. Pizza Hut-Same as UK, you can't really go wrong with these. Ruby Tuesday's-No did not like this place. Nothing was seriously wrong but I just did not like it. Food was so so but restaurant and atmosphere I felt was awful. Mowtown cafe at Universal-Rubbish.What a waste of time.Can't believe we chose this place with all the other eating places at Universal. Can you believe you sit and have a meal with all the noise from the arcade downstairs blaring out at full volume!! Please avoid this place. Outback-Now this is more like it. Best steak I had the whole trip by far. Very good and well priced. Le Cellier-This was very good. No criticism here. Rainforest cafe-Again very good. Very noisy but very good. Huge selection and the desserts are to die for. By far the best meal we had though is reserved for Fultons Crab House. If you want to experience proper, professional service then go here. And yes the seafood is exceptional. I chose this restaurant for my birthday and was so glad that i did. If you can, sit on the deck outside. When we returned to the airport, we ate at Chillis and again i was very impressed. Very quick service and very good burgers.

Having lived down there while working for the Mouse, I tried many local restaurants in all price ranges. I remember Orlando Ale house as being one of my favorites. Chevy's at Crossroads was good. Shell's is good- but there are many and I may not have eaten at one in Orlando. The Fox and Hound on 192 is neat. There's also a great, authentic English pub on the other end of 192 past MK.

Chains are chains, and we have most of the one's mentioned here, so it's no big deal to travel and go there. I love WDW restaurants for the atmosphere.

Originally posted by Dopey & Grumpy
We always have to stop at Giordano's. I love their Cheese

I eat there every time we visit, sometimes two or three times. I usually gain five lbs every time I visit.

For my best pizza I say Giordanos!!
Best Italian, Italy in Epcot countries(sorry don't know the name)
Best Seafood- The Crab Trap
Worst-Olive Garden(do not like chains that try to prepare italian food), Red Lobster!!

Those are my favs and raves!!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

I'm going to a convention and am trying not to have to rent a car. The only thing I find walkable from our hotel (Days Inn CC) is an IHOP. That's ok for breakfast, but not dinner every nite. Anything else in walking distance? :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter