• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best off-site hotel for 25th Anniversary trip?

I'm sorry your stay did not go well. Thank you for coming back to share your feedback. I had cancelled a reservation there last year, because I found a better rate elsewhere at the last minute. I always wondered if I should try to book it again. Your review plus some other drawbacks to that property have helped me take it off my list.

Yes, it was a renovated room, I thought everything was great and exactly as I expected from online photos and reviews, and as I mentioned it was very clean and spacious. We ended up doing the After Dark events and that combined with the early mornings to be able to ride ROTR meant we pretty much had no time to enjoy relaxing at a hotel so although originally I was hoping to find some place nice to enjoy in and of itself it ultimately worked out perfectly for us.

Just wanted to report back that we ended up staying at the Camelot. I ruled out the Courtyard because all their rooms had bunk beds and seeing those would just make me miss my kids. The water pressure was awful! I definitely would've needed to use the tub faucet to properly wash my hair and showers took extra long in general because of the lack of pressure. I don't know how the pressure compares to other places though, perhaps they are all that bad. I was glad we didn't have a car, I don't think I would stay there with one, parking looked very tight and always full. We never checked out the pool, whenever we were there we were so exhausted we just crashed. The bed seemed comfortable but no blanket, I can't sleep without an actual blanket, fortunately the extra bedding for the chair pullout had a blanket. The room was very clean and spacious, but no closets or drawers, just open shelving and a rod to hang clothes in the sink mirror area which was also open to the room. It was nice having the sink and mirror area separate from the shower/toilet room, but I'd really love a separate toilet room. I guess ultimately it was nice being right across the street although I definitely would've been up for lyft/uber and staying someplace more "romantic" to actually relax at, but as far as I could tell I couldn't really find anything that was more than just a place to crash essentially in any case.
Thank you for your review -- the recent information will be helpful to other DISers. Sorry that the Camelot didn't live up to your expectations -- I do think the Premium Rooms at the CCI or one of the actual hotels like the Hilton, Sheraton, or Marriott might have been a better fit. (Next anniversary!) By the time of your next anniversary, the new Westin and the new JW Marriott should be open, too. Glad you had a good trip overall!

I'm sorry your stay did not go well. Thank you for coming back to share your feedback. I had cancelled a reservation there last year, because I found a better rate elsewhere at the last minute. I always wondered if I should try to book it again. Your review plus some other drawbacks to that property have helped me take it off my list.
Sorry that the Camelot didn't live up to your expectations

Oh no, besides the water pressure issue (which again I don't know if it's the same or similar to other hotels) if anything it exceeded my expectations.... it wasn't the romantic experience I was originally looking for, but I wasn't expecting that from a motel regardless, by the time I booked the Camelot it was exactly what I was looking for and I was very happy with the service and the room, loved the shampoo and conditioner and all the counter space and I was provided with plenty of towels, housekeeping was awesome, the bed and pillows were very comfortable (and I wasn't falling into my husband as with a lot of beds, ha!), check in and out couldn't have been easier and they even had our room ready and available early, loved the big window I could open and although a few of the motels are slightly closer the difference really isn't significant so you can't get much closer, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it...

Well, I can say from experience that the water pressure problem isn't an issue at all the hotels. I've heard that it is a problem at the Anaheim Hotel (and the water temperature, too).

Oh no, besides the water pressure issue (which again I don't know if it's the same or similar to other hotels) if anything it exceeded my expectations.... it wasn't the romantic experience I was originally looking for, but I wasn't expecting that from a motel regardless, by the time I booked the Camelot it was exactly what I was looking for and I was very happy with the service and the room, loved the shampoo and conditioner and all the counter space and I was provided with plenty of towels, housekeeping was awesome, the bed and pillows were very comfortable (and I wasn't falling into my husband as with a lot of beds, ha!), check in and out couldn't have been easier and they even had our room ready and available early, loved the big window I could open and although a few of the motels are slightly closer the difference really isn't significant so you can't get much closer, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it...
That's reassuring...I love staying at their sister-property, Tropicana and wouldn't hesitate there. My other drawbacks actually were more of a personal issue. I use an ECV, so normally stay in a ground-floor room to make coming and going easy. Camelot doesn't have a ground floor room, and I've been told the elevator is really small, so if I come and go during a busy period, I'd have to wait for the elevator to return just to get to my room. Since I've never had a water pressure issue at Tropicana, I would just stay there instead. Same great service and quality of room, but just easier for me as an ECV user.

Well, I can say from experience that the water pressure problem isn't an issue at all the hotels. I've heard that it is a problem at the Anaheim Hotel (and the water temperature, too).

I'm just not sure how it really compares since it's a matter of perception, my idea of bad water pressure isn't necessarily the same as someone else's especially since even just having a standard flow restricter is not enough pressure for me (I like to take quick showers), maybe for someone else the water pressure would seem fine. The water temperature was great, thankfully, since I had to keep it extra hot because of the low pressure (too hot for my taller husband)... I would be very curious how someone that has stayed at both Tropicana and Camelot would compare the two?

I'm just not sure how it really compares since it's a matter of perception, my idea of bad water pressure isn't necessarily the same as someone else's...
What I'm saying is that some hotels are known for having poor water pressure (and sometimes water temperature issues, too). When a hotel has a reputation for this, it's probably not a matter of perception.

What I'm saying is that some hotels are known for having poor water pressure (and sometimes water temperature issues, too). When a hotel has a reputation for this, it's probably not a matter of perception.

Oh, I'm sure, I was just trying to clarify that my complaint of poor water pressure doesn't necessarily mean Camelot is any worse or different than other hotels in the area since I haven't been to those to compare... I see someone else here in another thread thought the pressure there was fine...
I just stayed at The Camelot Inn 3/16 to 3/20. It was very clean. Water pressure was good. I'd stay here again.

Look at the Hyatt Regency. It is a little further out but they have a private motor coach. The r at least they did. We have stayed there twice years back. My wife loves that hotel and she is extremely picky. Everything you would expect from a Regency class Hyatt.

I go back and forth about trying The Camelot in an updated room, but I think until we have a negative experience at The Park Vue, we’ll keep staying there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter