Best Makeup for WDW

I live in humid-drenched Florida and can wear Bare Minerals every single day without it feeling yucky.

First of all - no foundation or base! Try a mild face tanner b4 bedtime every other day or so to give you a little color. Dab on concealer for blemishes (if any) and a little under your eyes. Then apply a very little bit of powder under your eyes. And then mascara if you wish. I feel the powder under your eyes prevents that "melty' feeling that mascara or concealer can bring on after a long day. Carry the powder with you so if that happens, just dab it under the eyes again. Trust me - it feels refreshing w/out really applying much. If you want to wear sunscreen, apply that under the concealer. That's basically how I survive the summers even at home. Once the tan goes away and fall sets in, it's really hard to go back to foundation & blush. Hope I helped!

My last trip to the world I was using Laura Mercier's tinted foundation over her primer and it seemed to work pretty well for me. I adore her entire line - the powders are milled very fine and always look flawless. I also used her eyeshadow, pancake eyeliner and finishing powder.

For blush and mascara I used MAC's sheertone blush for just a hint of color and the Zoom mascara. Everything stayed put all day long and looked wonderful.

This summer though I've been trying the Everyday Minerals makeup to try to find something a bit cheaper than the Laura Mercier. (Love the stuff but the price :scared1: ) The minerals makeup really stays on in the humidity and my skin never feels clogged up by the makeup.

I'm one of those that don't wear makeup at WDW. But I know that the choice depends largely on your skin type/condition so I don't knock those that wear makeup. I was blessed with good skin (knock on wood) and don't normally wear makeup in my everyday life. Most important thing for me is to curl my eyelashes and the must have tool for that is Shu Uemura eyelash curler (about $16). My eyelashes are black already, but they grow straight and don't have definition unless I curl them. I sometimes use Covergirl clear mascara to hold the curl. You can find the Shu Uemura curler (doesn't hurt and does an excellent job) at Sephora or Nordstrom. Kevyn Aucoin also has a great one.

I'm going to have pick up some of the philosophy's present to take away the oil from my t-zone. Great tip. I also like Shiseido's oil blotting sheets ($13.50for 100 sheets) that serve a similar purpose and are portable (not liquid so good on airplane).

I read earlier of someone mentioning a finishing spray for those that wear Bare Minerals. I recommend one by Mario Badescu made with rosewater. It's heavenly.

One more thing. I love the website http://www.makeupalley.com/ Great reviews for all kinds of haircare & makeup.

Another vote for none or very minimal! :cool2: Bare Minerals is a great option, as are the mineral foundations by both Philosophy and Neutrogena. Or try an SPF doubling as a tinted moisturizer. As for eye makeup, I do mascara only (waterproof Great Lash by Maybelline). I'm wearing sunglasses most of the time anyway.

MK not only means Magic Kingdom....Mary Kay:)

The tinted moisturizer is great, lip balm, now in a convenient tube, mascara and eyeliner....you can even use a bit of a lightly colored lip liner to add a splash of color with the lip balm.
Not that I suggest to that to any customers........

One more thing. I love the website http://www.makeupalley.com/ Great reviews for all kinds of haircare & makeup.

Hello my fellow MUA-er!

BTW, if you have access to ZA cosmetics line, they have the exact same blotting sheets as Shiseido, but for less than $2 for a pack of 50. ZA is owned by Shiseido, but it's mostly available in Asia. A few large US cities carry ZA, though.
ZA also makes a blotting powder that puts MAC's to shame!

When I'm getting my pedicure for my trip I also get my eyelashes tinted which lasts about 3 weeks and it looks like I have mascara on so I wear nothing during the day and sometimes add a little eyeliner for the evening. Also, since a lipstick melts in the heat I use a tinted lip balm with spf in it and other than those, thats it!

Hello my fellow MUA-er!

!

Me too!!! :thumbsup2

I use Everyday Minerals - Intensive for hot and humid.

I like Too Faced Pink Leopard bronzer as a blush

p181001_hero_2.jpg

Any Mac eyeshadows - especially their Tan & Vanilla pigments.

4f_1_b.JPG

Also - Mac's lipglosses, and their gel liner.

And Too Faced - although I hate having to take it off - their 'tubing' mascara ROCKS for staying put.

P168368_hero.jpg

sometimes I use a tinted mosturizer instead of foundation and a little powder to set but that is really about it.

I go the expensive route in the summer because we do a lot of swimming, camping, hiking and other outdoor activities and I'm not comfortable wearing nothing on my eyes. I've never found a decent waterproof mascara that stays on when you want it to stay on, and comes off when you need it to come off (i.e. without pulling out about 10 lashes with it)!

My summer solution is: self-tanner (I use Jergens), getting my eyebrows dyed (they're light to begin with and turn very light in the sun) and eyelash extensions (that's the expensive part). I tried the eyelash dye route twice, but my lashes just aren't thick enough or long enough to make much of a significant difference. Eyelash extensions make me look like I have mascara on and I absolutely love them. Imagine waking up and looking like you just put on a fresh coat of curling & thickening mascara! Imagine coming out of the water, rubbing your eyes, and knowing that you're not going to have racoon eyes!

It's indulgent, it's not inexpensive, but as they say in all of those L'oreal commercials....I'm worth it!

I'm also a Bare Minerals user. The Mineral Veil is great for a quick dust that isn't heavy in the summer. I also noticed the condition of my skin improved when I switched over to Bare Minerals (I would assume that would be the same for most of the mineral based cosmetic lines).

Another thought about the tinted moisturizer with SPF - Burt's Bees makes a pretty good, inexpensive one that I've used a few times. CVS now carries many of the Burt's Bees products.

I like Everyday Minerals, just like Bare Minerals but less expensive and actually better quality. Website is: everydayminerals.com.
They have free samples with $1 shipping.

Just got back yesterday, and couldn't wait to share my findings with you all.

For the crazy humid days, I did sunblock and MAC blot powder. MAC paint over the eyelids and a little under, a bit of powder eyeshadow, MAC liquidlast liner, and MAC splashproof lash mascara. Man, that stuff didn't budge! I was pleasantly suprised at the end of the day.

My advice if you are going swimming or are cruising and at Castaway Cay...don't wear anything. I wore the liquidlast and mascara, and ended up with some mean raccoon eyes...so...not worth it.

just had to share!

I usually don't wear makeup to the parks. But if I did I would use everyday minerals, there are so many mineral makeup brands out there. See my link below for my blog of mineral makeup. (yes, I'm addicted) ;) <mods, if we aren't allowed to direct people to links please fell free to delete this post I couldn't find any info on that in the TOS>

I always wear makeup to the parks I wear a tinted sunscreen, waterproof, mascera, a light layer of mascera, blush and tinted burts bees chapstick. i never have a problem with it coming of or smearing. You can also wear tinted moisterizer and it works the same, I don't because my face is so oily.

One thing I plan on doing is re-applying mid-day. I'm bringing individual make-up remover cloths to use in the bathrooms, then I'm just going to re-apply sometime in the afternoon. It only takes me about 5-7 minutes to do my make-up (foundation, concealer, powder, mascera, eyeliner, natural-colored lipstick), so I think this is the best option for me.

Also, Revlon waterproof mascera will NEVER wash off in water(unless your rub on it, of course). I've gone swimming with it and it looked as good as new when I was done. I've also gone into the ocean before with Revlon waterproof eyeliner and it BARELY smudged. It was amazing. I highly reccommend their eye products!

And Almay's liquid foundation, consealer, and pressed powder work pretty well during heat. Just don't cake it on, dab the sweat off, and use those oil sheets rather than caking on powder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!