Best/favorite counter service in each park? (Info please)

Beth E. (NJ)

<font color=red>Disney obsessed<br><font color=blu
I am looking for your opinions on the best counter service places to eat in each of the parks. I'm interested in breakfast and lunch mostly - things that can be picked up relatively quickly.

where do you like to go and what do you like to eat?

When I go solo, I tend to do more sit-down, then counter, but here's some of the places I like:

Magic Kingdom:
1. Casey's Corner
2. Aloha Isle
3. Sunshine Tree Terrace
4. Main Street Bakery

EPCOT:
1. Sunshine Season Food Fair
2. Boulangerie Patisserie

Animal Kingdom:
1. Tusker House

We usually don't do breakfast but for lunch our favorites are:

MK
Cosmic Rays for the chicken sandwiches

AK
Tusker House the chicken or the veggie sandwich

EPCOT
World Show Case-Norway's counter service has great open faced sandwiches and rice cream for dessert

Future World-We like the one inside of Wonders of Life. I love the frozen yogurt sundaes or waffles.

We really don't get fast food at MGM but we like the shakes at Aunt Ritas (next to 50's Prime Time)

We like to grab something quick from the Boardwalk Bakery sometimes for breakfast before the parks.

We aren't breakfast people either, but for lunch:

MK
Pecos Bill's (Kit Carson salad is yummy, and they have great burgers and a nice big fixings bar)

AK
Flame Tree Barbecue, mostly for the patio seating. It's very peaceful down there. The food is tasty as well.

Epcot
Yakitori House in Japan if we aren't very hungry (DS and I get the yakitori and DH gets sushi)

Tangerine Cafe in Morocco if we are hungry. We all get the chicken platter.

MGM
I'm not big on the food at MGM. The counter service selection is not good. We've eaten at the ABC Commisary and the place back by Star Tours. Both were ok. Pizza Planet was lousy.

We liked Flame Tree Barbeque in AK. The pork sandwich was good and the seating by the water was so nice.

We also liked Columbia Harbor House in MK. The fish and chips were very good. We didn't have it, but the chicken salad looked delicious.

We also had brats at Germany's counter service. They were good, but they had no smaller portions or kid priced meals.

We're not really breakfast eaters either; but here's what we like for lunch or a quick dinner.

MK- Cosmic Rays-We can all get something different, plus you gotta love Sonny Eclipse!;)
Columbia Harbor House for the chicken.
Pecos Bills for a burger
Aloha Isle for a Dole Whip!

AK- Pizzafari--This was good for fast pizza and a pretty good caesar salad too.

Epcot- We don't usually eat here. We have eaten at the Electric Umbrella and the restaurant in America. Both were fine for burgers/sandwiches and fries.

MGM-We've never eaten counter service here. We seem to always do sit down.:)

MK - Cosmic Ray's for the Bacon Cheese Burger, great fixin's bar.

Epcot - Yakitori House, Kushi Yaki (3 skewers of teriyaki beef, chicken and shrimp with rice)

AK - Pizzafari, these are good solid fast food pizzas

MGM - Since the removal of the fixin's bar from Backlot Express it's ABC Commisary, the fish and chips aren't too bad.

MK- Columbia Harbour House, EPCOT- Yorkshire County Fish Shop, MGM-Pizza Planet, We also enjoy Boardwalk bakery and Beaches and Cream.

I don't eat breakfast out while at WDW, but here are some favorite quick lunch places:

MK - Columbia Harbour House for the Galley Garden Salad YUM!
Cosmic Ray's for the rotisserie chicken or chicken sandwich
Pecos Bill's for a hamburger. Great fixin's bar!

AK - Tusker House for rotisserie chicken

Epcot - Sunshine Season Food Fair - great tuna sandwich
Fish & Chips carryout place at Great Britain

MGM - Have mostly eaten at sit-down places for lunch. I did grab something quick for lunch one time at the ABC Commissary, but don't remember what it was.

We don't do allot of counter service, but at Epcot, Norway is "Delicious", nice fresh sandwiches, lefse and of course the Rice Cream!!!

We don't do many counter service restaurants but here are some of our favourites:-

Magic Kingdom

Casey's
Main Street Bakery

Epcot

Beaches and Cream

MGM

Starring Roles Bakery
Pizza Planet

Animal Kingdom

Flame Tree BBQ

I'm sorry to make a correction on someone's post but Beaches and Cream isn't at EPCOT - it's at Yacht/Beach Club resort - but it's near EPCOT on the International Gateway - AWESOME FOOD!!!

MK - Pecos Bills or Cosmic Rays (I think their food is similar but Pecos has better burgers

AK - Tusker House has great food!!! The Pizzafari has good pizza and they have salads

MGM - They don't have the toppings bar at Backlot anymore??? Oh dear - that was our fav burger place to go. Pizza Planet (or whatever that is called) also has great pizza and has salads. For breakfast time the Bakery IS GREAT!!!!

EPCOT - The food at the counter service place in Mexico is GROSS!!! (Unless they have improved in the past couple of years). My dh likes the Fish & Chips place in United Kingdom. I too like the Sunshine Fair place in the bottom of The Land in EPCOT

Magic Kingdom - Pecos Bills
Animal Kingdom - Tusker House
Disney MGM Studios- ABC Commissary
Epcot - Tangierine Cafe in Morocco

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter