Best Deluxe to try for one night

It depends on what you're looking for in a deluxe. I just went through this same decision making process.

Here are the considerations I used:

Close to MK - GF/Poly/CR
Close to Epcot/HS and Boardwalk - BC/YC/BW
Best pool - BC/YC
Best theming - Depends on your taste; I agree that AKL looks beautiful. I also think WL looks incredible
Cost - AKL/WL/CR GW

The most important thing for us was convenience to parks (MK in particular)and cost (theming doesn't matter too much to us as we're not in the resort much). Even though it is for one night, you may want to consider these things since it sounds like it may lead to more stays in the future.

We are staying at the CR-GW in Aug just for the convenience to MK (we go to MK each night). Having the ability to walk back to the resort is something I'm really looking forward to.

The Poly ! I love the Poly the atmosphere is great ! I wasnt thrilled with my room last time, it kind of needed updated but, I was only in there to sleep :rotfl:. I believe they were in the process of updating rooms while I was there this past October. The pool, restaurants, the beach, and transportation are the best !

TaylorsDad said:
We have a trip planned in August. Looks like we will be able to add 1 day at the beginning before heading to POP. We have stayed at the most of the values and a couple of the moderates. Normally we use the room only to sleep so we have never felt the need to upgrade at Disney.
This time we want to try a Deluxe just to see if it would be worth considering in the future. I thought about Animal Kingdom since I think my wife and daughter would enjoy seeing the animals. I would appreciate any and all other suggestions though.

Depends on what you are looking to do...will you stay at the resort for the day or head to a park? Which park would you head to? I would say poly either way would be my 1st choice hands down. Ohana, wishes from the beach, enjoying the pool/views for the day, Water pageant at night...just so much to do and see there. For a less expensive price tag AKL would be great if you were planning to stay at the resort for the day. Pool, animals, good food! Good luck deciding!

YC/BC for a day the resort. The pool can not be beat! Plus you can go to the movie on the beach, the bonfire with smore's, Epcot's fireworks, cape may for breakfast, and the Yachtsman for dinner. Add to that all of the nightlife for all ages on the boardwalk and the proximity to TWO parks, and it gets my vote for the best place to stay HANDS down!

Even though I have resorts I like better than Poly, the Poly would be my recommendation to you.

For your FIRST deluxe stay for ONE night only, Poly is one of the originals, Poly IS Disney!!

For many years THE MONORAIL was the face of Disney Deluxe resorts. Poly has it.

AKL is neat for the animals, Wilderness lodge is cool for their theming, YC / BC are nifty for their location if Epcot is your focus.

Book the Poly!!!

Another vote for the Poly here! It's our favorite deluxe. And for only one night, I'd want the monorail and fireworks view. If not Poly, I'd say CR as a 2nd choice.

BWI and BC have amazing pools if you were factoring pools into your decision! Poly is also great!!

We're doing the Poly for 1 night, but in this case my vote would be the YC/BC for that pool. That's an attraction in itself. You can see the fireworks in the park any night, but the only way to get that pool is to stay at those resorts. And grab ice cream at Beaches and Cream.

I don't have an opinion on the deluxes, as we've never stayed there, and it depends what you plan to do.

But, if it were me, and there was any way I could switch that one night deluxe to the end of my trip instead of the beginning, I would do that. I just think if you go from somewhere as amazing as the Poly and spend only a short time there, you will never hear the end of it all week while you are at POP. :rotfl2:

I think it would be a nice way to end the trip, and something for everyone to look forward to.

I don't have an opinion on the deluxes, as we've never stayed there, and it depends what you plan to do.

But, if it were me, and there was any way I could switch that one night deluxe to the end of my trip instead of the beginning, I would do that. I just think if you go from somewhere as amazing as the Poly and spend only a short time there, you will never hear the end of it all week while you are at POP. :rotfl2:

I think it would be a nice way to end the trip, and something for everyone to look forward to.

Very good idea :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter