Best deal on Disney gift cards?

If you have the RedCard, you get 5% off - in my area, that is almost sales tax and nothing else. Costco online got me approx. 7% off. There is a Target GiftCard event that happens Black Friday and I have seen posts on Disney boards about buying the Target Store GiftCards on Black Friday at a 10% discount and pay with RedCard (additional 5%). Then they take the Target GiftCards and purchase Disney GiftCards to "transfer" the savings. There are restrictions and I have never done it. The deal is only on for Black Friday.

I think Sam's Club sells them in discounted packets. I don't know how much they sell them for bcuz we don't belong there but my parents do and have gotten them for us before as Xmas gifts. Costco does not sell Disney cards that I've ever seen.

If you have the RedCard, you get 5% off - in my area, that is almost sales tax and nothing else. Costco online got me approx. 7% off. There is a Target GiftCard event that happens Black Friday and I have seen posts on Disney boards about buying the Target Store GiftCards on Black Friday at a 10% discount and pay with RedCard (additional 5%). Then they take the Target GiftCards and purchase Disney GiftCards to "transfer" the savings. There are restrictions and I have never done it. The deal is only on for Black Friday.
You don't get an additional 5% off when you purchase Target GCs with your REDCard.

By our house it is the Sunday after Thanksgiving so watch your local Target ad. If you go online it will only let you purchase one $300 card. However, if you go into the store you can make multiple $300 purchases, you just have to get back in line again. I usually go with my husband so we each only have to get in line twice.

Well its 2018 Thanksgiving and Black Friday tomorrow. Where is the best Disney Gift cards?

Just asking if anybody found new deals on Disney gift cards... Worth asking and yes I've read this forum discussion :)

Kroger’s with 4x points can be worth it if you can buy enough gallons of fuel.
4x points would mean a $100 gift card would be a $.40/gallon savings.
20 gallons would be an $8 savings, or 8%. Combining 2 cars and you could get 30 gallons and save $12 (or 12%)

Just asking if anybody found new deals on Disney gift cards... Worth asking and yes I've read this forum discussion :)
And that's why I directed you to the last 10 pages of that thread. That's where you will find the most recent deals. Some, like the Kroger deal mentioned by hakepb, are regional. Some, like the BJ's deal, require a membership. And some, like the AmEx/Best Buy/Swagbucks deal require a little bit of luck and footwork. There are other current deals chronicled in that thread but I'm not going to reinvent the wheel. You'll learn more from reading there than what you can glean from a list I compose.

Last edited:
Then they take the Target GiftCards and purchase Disney GiftCards to "transfer" the savings.
Last I knew target closed this loop hole. It was great while it lasted but you can no longer buy disney gift cards with target gifts cards -- at least not online. The budged forum on the site usually has all the tips on ways to get discounted disney gift cards

I thought there shouldn't be sales tax on gift cards. However, that might be different for Target.
There is no sales tax on GCs. The PP was referring to the fact that the Target REDCard 5% discount on merchandise is equivalent to saving on the sales tax in their state.

BJ's recently had the $100 Disney Gift cards on sale for $91.99. I believe that's over but they
still are discounted, maybe 4%. The kicker is if you charge to Discover by end of year you get
the 5% cash back (if you activated it) on discount clubs. This is without a doubt the best deal
I ever got...

Just checked and BJ's has the $100 cards for $95.99 and you can still get the Discover bonus, so about 9% off.

I just got my order of 30 $25 gift cards from BJs.com, ordered black friday week, at 10% off face value. This promotion has ended. Interestingly, the larger denomination gift cards were either 8% off or 5% off during the sale. BJ's normal price is 3% off face value and I saw my local club had dozens of cards in stock on Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts