Bermuda requiring paid authorization to get off ship at port

We're on that WBTA stopping in Bermuda. We knew about the need to register on the Sail Screen website within 2 weeks of sailing, but hadn't heard anything about additional requirements.
Does anyone have any information on whether we'll need to somehow obtain an additional negative test before arriving in NYC? Might a test for Bermuda fulfil any requirement for testing before arrival in NYC? I can't find anything on the CDC site or elsewhere.
You don't need a test to arrive in the US via cruise ship. The testing requirement only applies to people arriving by air, for Reasons.

You don't need a test to arrive in the US via cruise ship. The testing requirement only applies to people arriving by air, for Reasons.
Thanks for clarifying. We just got back from a trip to Iceland, and had to have a negative test within a day of our flight back to the US. Iceland had no COVID entry requirements.

Do we have to pay the 40 if we don't intend to get off the ship?

Disney hasn’t said anything on the topic. There have been other cruise lines that have required everyone regardless if getting off in port or not to pay and register with Bermuda.

this is for Bermuda, not Bahamas.

As noted, other cruise lines are requiring that all passengers complete the Bermuda requirement themselves before embarkation, whether or not they intend to get off the ship in Bermuda. Disney hasn't said what they will require yet, they are probably hanging in to see if the regulation continues or something else takes its place.

I can accept that it is probably considered a port fee, that would apply for anyone on a ship docking in Bermuda, and not a disembarkation fee.
That doesn't mean that I'm pleased with it.

Disney hasn’t said anything on the topic. There have been other cruise lines that have required everyone regardless if getting off in port or not to pay and register with Bermuda.
Sure. The wording on the government website suggests that everyone on the ship has to register and pay before docking. It seems like a quick way to earn some money more than anything else.

200.gif

Nassau is in the Bahamas. Bermuda is not. This applies to Bermuda, not the Bahamas.

Thanks for clarifying. We just got back from a trip to Iceland, and had to have a negative test within a day of our flight back to the US. Iceland had no COVID entry requirements.
Valee, How was Iceland? We are head there in a little over a week.

Iceland was great. We wish Disney would do a circumnavigation. Unlike Bermuda, Iceland had no COVID restriction.
I'll send you a DM with some info since this is off-topic, if I can figure out how to DM you! Until then, I'll steer you to the website for the Reykjavik Grapevine https://grapevine.is/ for a good source of up-to date info. We weren't doing Adventures by Disney, just a Icelandair vacation.

Last edited:
Any updated info on this? There are DCL cruises to Bermuda in less than 2 months. I guess my main question is how do we show a negative test to Bermuda? Is the at home test we take 2 days before embarkation sufficient? If so, do we upload to Bermuda's website (separate from uploading to Inspire) or do we show them the documents at the port upon arrival in Bermuda?

Here’s what I think will happen because of what we encountered.

The second stop on my February cruise required a Covid test 72 hours before arrival. But our arrival was set for the day after Disney’s administered PCR test. We visited our first island all knowing that the second island had this requirement about a month in advance. A few hours before the all aboard time at our first stop it was announced we would not be going to that second island and we would get a 20% discount on a future cruise.

Everyone kept saying before our departure that Disney must’ve worked something out blah blah blah, the . To be honest I was quite happy about it because I wasn’t gonna be able to get off the ship with my parents and I really wanted to see the island so it just worked out for me Plus a 20% discount for each person on a future cruise.

So you are thinking the TA will skip it? For the straight to Bermuda ones we will be fine - just need to test before we leave.

ETA: I’m thinking yes, we can use the same test just need to upload to both Disney and Bermuda websites.

I called DCL yesterday to ask for guidance with this. The cast member didn't know anything about it. She had me wait on hold while she tried to find an answer. She told me that they were working on it and an email would be coming out within a few days. So I am patiently waiting.

I called DCL yesterday to ask for guidance with this. The cast member didn't know anything about it. She had me wait on hold while she tried to find an answer. She told me that they were working on it and an email would be coming out within a few days. So I am patiently waiting.
Yeah, we( several people from social media group) heard that a lot from CMs just before our sailing. Everyone they called had a different “it’s coming/it’s fine” answer. I’ve come to the conclusion they say what ever will get them good customer service marks to complete the call without ever coming to the answers the client requests. It’s getting old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter