Bermuda Dropping Testing Requirements

I think you're on our October 21st sailing! I had been holding off on ordering our eMed tests because I was hoping we would eventually get lucky for our cruise, but no such luck.

So, DCL updated their BEFORE YOU GO section of their website today for the new Bermuda requirements. It is NOT correct for the 10/25 and 10/31 sailings. Bermuda is dropping testing requirements on 10/25. Two Magic sailings go to Bermuda after testing is no longer required (10/26 and 10/31).

How do we get accurate info from Disney as to what is needed at embarkation for these sailings? Sigh.

https://www.gov.bm/coronavirus-travellers-visitors

So, DCL updated their BEFORE YOU GO section of their website today for the new Bermuda requirements. It is NOT correct for the 10/25 and 10/31 sailings. Bermuda is dropping testing requirements on 10/25. Two Magic sailings go to Bermuda after testing is no longer required (10/26 and 10/31).

How do we get accurate info from Disney as to what is needed at embarkation for these sailings? Sigh.

https://www.gov.bm/coronavirus-travellers-visitors
Until Disney says otherwise, testing is required. It doesn't matter what the Bermuda page says because Disney makes their own rules.

That said, I really do hope that they drop testing before the 10/31 sailing! Unfortunately, we're running out of time...

Until Disney says otherwise, testing is required. It doesn't matter what the Bermuda page says because Disney makes their own rules.

That said, I really do hope that they drop testing before the 10/31 sailing! Unfortunately, we're running out of time...
Agree. Not fair to subject Magic passengers to different embarkation procedures than their other 4 ships. Testing isn’t required by Bermuda so it should be dropped for 10/26 and 10/31.

I’d hate to spend money on a doctor visit to get COVID recovery letters and proctored tests when there is no reason other than DCL. Sigh…

Agree. Not fair to subject Magic passengers to different embarkation procedures than their other 4 ships. Testing isn’t required by Bermuda so it should be dropped for 10/26 and 10/31.

I’d hate to spend money on a doctor visit to get COVID recovery letters and proctored tests when there is no reason other than DCL. Sigh…
There's no point in getting recovery letters. Bermuda won't accept them. You just need a negative test. So, you can skip the doctor's appointment and have a proctored test or else take one at the port.

We had COVID 3 weeks ago. We won’t test negative for awhile on a PCR test. Are they rapid tests at the port?

We had COVID 3 weeks ago. We won’t test negative for awhile on a PCR test. Are they rapid tests at the port?
Not sure what they use, but you might be better off scheduling a proctored zoom test with Onpoint. It’ll certainly be cheaper, and you can use whatever OTC home test you have, including the free Biden tests. It’ll also speed up your embarkation time.

How do we get accurate info from Disney as to what is needed at embarkation for these sailings?
Until DCL changes their rules, accurate information is what's posted on the DCL website. Currently that still includes testing. DCL is not obligated to change their rules just because Bermuda did. I agree it would be nice but they aren't likely to drop testing without at least a 2 week notice because they would need to offer yet another free cancellation period. They may be weighing whether it's worth it (from a DCL-operations perspective) to drop the testing 2 cruises early or just continue with it for those 2 cruises.

I’d hate to spend money on a doctor visit to get COVID recovery letters
Bermuda does not accept 90-day recovery letters. I suggest trying an at-home rapid antigen test to be sure you can pass it. If you have an unvaccinated child in your party, you'll have to decide if it's worth the risk of that child still coming up positive on the pre-cruise PCR/NAAT test.

Thanks for the replies. We have had several negative at home tests since recovering 3 weeks ago. I guess I’ll go ahead and schedule the proctored tests. Maybe we’ll get lucky and rules will change again. What a PITA. Sigh.

The tests at the port are antigen tests, same as you'd do at home. Only unvaccinated children take the PCR test.

Actually, do we know for sure if they're offering the at-port tests in New York? I would think so, but I can't find that information on the Know Before You Go website except with regards to guests sailing back-to-back cruises.

While it's becoming harder to locate the information easily, the website still indicates that unvaccinated/not-fully-vaccinated guests on the Bermuda cruises still need to test at embarkation. See below in red:

Not Fully Vaccinated Guests
Guests who are not fully vaccinated must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken between 1 to 3 days prior to their sail date. The test should be a COVID-19 nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT), a rapid PCR test or a lab-based PCR test. Rapid antigen tests will not be accepted. Test results must be uploaded to the Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day.

Back-to-Back Sailings
Guests on back-to-back sailings visiting Bermuda will be required to test between sailings (paid for by Disney Cruise Line) and will be asked to repack their luggage and debark the ship between voyages.

In addition, Guests who are not fully vaccinated are also required to complete a COVID-19 test at the terminal prior to boarding on embarkation day (paid for by Disney Cruise Line).

While it's becoming harder to locate the information easily, the website still indicates that unvaccinated/not-fully-vaccinated guests on the Bermuda cruises still need to test at embarkation. See below in red:

Not Fully Vaccinated Guests
Guests who are not fully vaccinated must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken between 1 to 3 days prior to their sail date. The test should be a COVID-19 nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT), a rapid PCR test or a lab-based PCR test. Rapid antigen tests will not be accepted. Test results must be uploaded to the Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day.

Back-to-Back Sailings
Guests on back-to-back sailings visiting Bermuda will be required to test between sailings (paid for by Disney Cruise Line) and will be asked to repack their luggage and debark the ship between voyages.

In addition, Guests who are not fully vaccinated are also required to complete a COVID-19 test at the terminal prior to boarding on embarkation day (paid for by Disney Cruise Line).
Yeah, but even that applies to unvaccinated guests. What about vaccinated guests?

The day Disney announced they were no longer providing free testing at the port, they said it would cost each person $74 to be tested at embarkation if they didn’t have the test done on their own prior to midnight the day before. I can only assume it’s the same price 🤷‍♂️1A83EFDF-5BBD-4743-AA0D-40059F16BF0C.jpeg

The day Disney announced they were no longer providing free testing at the port, they said it would cost each person $74 to be tested at embarkation if they didn’t have the test done on their own prior to midnight the day before. I can only assume it’s the same price 🤷‍♂️View attachment 708612
That’s awful. $74 for an unnecessary test for fully vaccinated passengers that’s not required by any government. 😞 I know we can get it done cheaper but it gets my goat that it’s not needed at all on any of the other ships.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter