Being turned away at the port

This is what still has me worried. I don't even see my son in Safe Passage even though I added him. Our pre-sail screen still says "Pending", when I click it and scroll down I see myself, my wife, and vaccinated daughter at the bottom where it says "Clear". My son (too young for vaccine) isn't in that table. I assume that is why the step still says Pending.

Where do you see everyone is Green even if you don't have everyone's pre-cruise vax card or test uploaded on the site yet?
Please call Safe Passage and speak with them about your son. Don't make the same mistakes that were made earlier. Safe Passage can tell you why your son is not included.

Please call Safe Passage and speak with them about your son. Don't make the same mistakes that were made earlier. Safe Passage can tell you why your son is not included.
I should have clarified, he is included in the Guest info screen. He isn't in the pre-sail screening screen because I haven't uploaded anything for him yet (and can't until I get his 5-day PCR results). But even though he isnt on that screen, the overall screen still says Pending.

I guess I just wont rest until his PCR is done and uploaded...

Not necessarily. Vaccinated people can still catch the virus (particularly the Delta variant) and transmit it.
I understand that and I have been checking DCL website daily to see if they changed their requirements for vaccinated guests. But so far, if you have been vaccinated DCL does not require any other tests unless you have been out of the country in the last 14 days.

Some people vacation in Orlando for a few days prior to their cruise.
I've done that myself. I'd just want to get it as close to 5 days out as possible to ensure I have the results in time. With case rates increasing (in FL in particular) I expect an increase in lab turn around time.

So I got the answer to my question from Inspire...If you do a local PCR test 2-5 days before, but do not get them back in time to upload by the 48hr deadline, then YES you can still sail.

The reply I got:

"As long as you have the proper health documents in-hand, please come to the Inspire desk at port and they can upload them for you so you can sail."

So I got the answer to my question from Inspire...If you do a local PCR test 2-5 days before, but do not get them back in time to upload by the 48hr deadline, then YES you can still sail.

The reply I got:

"As long as you have the proper health documents in-hand, please come to the Inspire desk at port and they can upload them for you so you can sail."
That is what I thought but since DCL said Inspire was in charge of the part and I haven't talked with them. It is good that you did.

A checklist that includes all mandatory steps, yes.
A brief "complete your checklist" email is also good idea. A call? Not necessary.
Well I guess Disney feels like a call is necessary. We are on the 16th cruise and got a call from Disney today. They noticed our kids were not yet cleared to sail on safe passage and wanted to make sure we knew the procedure. They had their test yesterday just waiting on results.

Well I guess Disney feels like a call is necessary. We are on the 16th cruise and got a call from Disney today. They noticed our kids were not yet cleared to sail on safe passage and wanted to make sure we knew the procedure. They had their test yesterday just waiting on results.
I for one am glad that Disney is checking. Better safe than sorry.

It's nice they called to remind you. If they have plenty of staff to make calls maybe it will become the norm. I just was coming from a more efficient use of resources.

is there a testing site near or at WDW. we sail on the 16th of October. But we will be doing 7 days at the mouse house prior to the cruise.

there is no such a thing as a "rapid PCR test"
there are rapid tests, and there are PCR tests. you need the PCR.
If you're waiting there to get your results same day it's a rapid test and not the one you need.

I'm a geneticist so PCR machines are my everyday tool.

The Covid-19 PCR tests detect the presence of the virus Sars-Cov2 RNA using the technology of real-time PCR (Polymerase Chain reaction). There are two 'speeds' available for real-time PCR, Fast or Standard. The basics of the tests are the same, the differences are the machines used, the plates/tubes and the chemistries. The Fast version of everything is more expensive and a few months ago, everything was back-ordered (I still often wait 1-2 months for my Fast plates). I don't know the specifics of the Covid-19 tests but I know that at the hospital where I work they use the Fast technology because the clinical lab 'borrowed' one of our Fast machine in May 2020 specifically for Covid-19 tests. The Fast version usually cuts down the processing time by half. For example, my genotyping assays will take 2h using a Standard machine but only 50 minutes with a Fast. Depending on how many cycles they do for the Covid-19 test, turn-around time can go down to 20-25 minutes but it will be more costly (especially if they do not run full plates).

The rapid test you have in mind is the antigen test that gives almost immediate results. Unfortunately, those tests still have a very high percentage of false-negative.

If all the test cruise passengers were vaccinated, then there would be no need for testing and no one gets turned away.
But some, a few, people can still get Covid after the shot and a few with shot get no coverage/resistance. So some pass it on to others often without knowing. Thought that was part of the “Test” the testing of all people to stop the spread quickly in the small space of a ship. So is it really that if a ship requires vaccinated people they just don’t test at all?

But some, a few, people can still get Covid after the shot and a few with shot get no coverage/resistance. So some pass it on to others often without knowing. Thought that was part of the “Test” the testing of all people to stop the spread quickly in the small space of a ship. So is it really that if a ship requires vaccinated people they just don’t test at all?

Well, with DCL's currently published protocols, if everyone were vaxxed then no testing would be required. Given that it is possible to get covid if you are vaxxed (although you are much less likely to do so), and potentially spread it, I would be fine if DCL required some form of testing for fully vaxxed guests (I am fully vaxxed). In fact, I think there is a pretty decent chance that DCL changes their protocols to do just that. Just my opinion.

I understand that and I have been checking DCL website daily to see if they changed their requirements for vaccinated guests. But so far, if you have been vaccinated DCL does not require any other tests unless you have been out of the country in the last 14 days.

Where did you see the 14 days timeline for being out of the country?
I keep checking the requirements for vaccinated non-US travellers, but so far I couldn't find confirmation of how many days before the cruise we would need to be in the US to avoid testing.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter