Being honest , do you think you have the best house on your road?

Wish I had a house to compare...

It's not the worst, but I think the oldest. I'm in a 1976 mobile which were built decently. There's several 80's era in the neighborhood which was a bad time for quality.

One was for sale, single wide 90's on a rented lot listing for.... $115,000! For a mobile home! Well, it's not listed any more, who the heck is going to pay that for a trailer?

It's the best for us I would say. Other houses on the road probably have nicer finishes and some bigger but I wouldn't want anything bigger than what we have. All were built early to mid 1960s. Mine is 1963. Ours does have a granite stone exterior which is unique to the street, most others are siding. In the summer I can spend the day at the creek, hop in the hot tub, cook out at the "hang out shed" that has a TV and a gas fireplace. End the night on the front porch with the fire table and a drink. We gutted and re did the entire house and property ourselves so there is a feeling of accomplishment in all that even if it's not the most upscale. In the winter the kids can spread out in the finished basement. None of it is incredibly fancy but works for me. We lack a pool but I don't want to take care of a pool up here so that's a win for me too. If the kids want to swim they have the creek or grandma's pool which I don't have to deal with!

Hell no, we tell people we live on the poor side of the road. We live in a 50s ranch, and shortly after we moved here they started putting in these half million dollar homes in new developments right up the road from us. Very much out of place with a lot of the rest of the neighborhood, but they don't build reasonable size houses anymore.

My one street to the next we have 7 houses including mine. I know 3 of the insides of these other houses. Both my neighbors have nice homes. One is very recently remodeled so I guess in updates it is def better but my house and yard is bigger so I like that better. The corner house was my friend who moved to Florida about 4 years ago. They did the house over top to bottom and it came out really nice. Since that house is a corner there is no privacy in the yard which I would hate. So in looks the inside of my house may not be the best but I’d have to take the property into consideration too.

Hell no, we tell people we live on the poor side of the road. We live in a 50s ranch, and shortly after we moved here they started putting in these half million dollar homes in new developments right up the road from us. Very much out of place with a lot of the rest of the neighborhood, but they don't build reasonable size houses anymore.
From your description, to me it sounds like you do have the best house on the road, LOL. A house being a McMansion is not a wanted feature for me.

not at all. We live in a condo area so our buildings are all the same. Only difference is any redos on the inside

'We live in a townhouse so all the exteriors are the same. I do think (and other neighbors have said the same) that we have the best location on our street. We have an end unit, only attached on one side. The other side has a patio that looks out onto a huge grass/tree area. We're also the furthest from a busy street that runs alongside the complex. We heard that ours was the first unit completed and sold when the complex was first built (in the 70s). It was staged as a model home before they began selling the units. We were fortunate that this unit was available and in our price range when we decided to downsize 3 1/2 year ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter