Beer mug

I haven’t had a chance to ask guest services yet but I asked multiple bars since and they all said the same thing, you red the new wish mug and can’t use the old one from other ships. I bought the new one because it’s pretty nice and I’ll sail the wish again.

I haven’t had a chance to ask guest services yet but I asked multiple bars since and they all said the same thing, you red the new wish mug and can’t use the old one from other ships. I bought the new one because it’s pretty nice and I’ll sail the wish again.

Thanks - do you know if they have their own token so you don't have to lug the mug around all the time? Also, does the mug hold about the same amount as the old ones?

We were on the Wish 7/22-7/25, and my husband brought his old token to try to use it for the mug. We were told that they would not accept the old token and he needed to buy the new Wish mug, which is shorter, wider, and I believe thicker than the older ones. We didn't measure it, but we thought it was actually slightly bigger volume than the old one. Maybe someone has measured it already.... He was able to trade it in for a new token that would be good on the Wish AND the other ships. However, we came home with the mug not the token since it's a nice souvenir and he has the old token which should/may work on the other ships when we sail again. Also, the bars on the pool deck were using the blue plastic mugs, the new token worked just fine.

Just our experience and things may have changed in the past month.

Last edited:
Does the Wish token look different from the old DCL tan and green Beer Mug token/card? We only take the token/card home. I'm going to be unhappy if I have to purchase a new mug.

We did two cruises this summer - one on the Fantasy and one on the Wish. The mug and token on the Fantasy were the ones we have seen and used on previous cruises. We brought the mug from the Fantasy and they would not accept it. We bought a new mug and can confirm that the wish token/card was completely different than the one on the Fantasy.F1A48B49-0F6C-4416-A3C5-E16E5897A25D.jpeg9DE92704-4322-4D29-831E-190267D7091C.jpeg

Last edited:
Does the Wish token look different from the old DCL tan and green Beer Mug token/card? We only take the token/card home. I'm going to be unhappy if I have to purchase a new mug.
Although we have used the mug/token in the past for more than one cruise - I am not sure that it was ever promised that you could use it for more than the cruise you purchase it on. We did not bring a mug/card for our first cruise this summer and purchased a new one. Part way through the cruise my husband had realized that he had lost his card - he went to guest services and because it was purchased for that cruise they gave him a replacement card.

I wonder if they will start to have ship specific cards now that the Wish card is different?

Since Wish is using the blue mugs on Deck 11, I suppose you could bring a blue mug on board from another ship and exchange it for a new Wish mug.

I have about 8 mugs so I'm not anxious to buy another one. Even have a couple of the original ESPN mugs from the old ESPN Skybox days on the Magic.

Since Wish is using the blue mugs on Deck 11, I suppose you could bring a blue mug on board from another ship and exchange it for a new Wish mug.

I have about 8 mugs so I'm not anxious to buy another one. Even have a couple of the original ESPN mugs from the old ESPN Skybox days on the Magic.
Yes - I would think that is one way around the different card/mug situation. We did not get a beer on deck on the Fantasy - do the other ships all use the blue mugs around the pools?

We were on the Wish 7/22-7/25, and my husband brought his old token to try to use it for the mug. We were told that they would not accept the old token and he needed to buy the new Wish mug, which is shorter, wider, and I believe thicker than the older ones. We didn't measure it, but we thought it was actually aslightly bigger volume than the old one. Maybe someone has measured it already.... He was able to trade it in for a new token that would be good on the Wish AND the other ships. However, we came home with the mug not the token since it's a nice souvenir and he has the old token which should/may work on the other ships when we sail again. Also, the bars on the pool deck were using the blue plastic mugs, the new token worked just fine.

Just our experience and things may have changed in the past month.
Technically you were never SUPPOSED to be able to keep using the same token cruise after cruise. The program was designed for you to exchange the token for a clean mug at the end of the trip and take it home as a souvenir. The "reuse it over and over" thing was always something unofficial that the bartenders just let you (and me) get away with.

I am not sure that it was ever promised that you could use it for more than the cruise you purchase it on.
I do think bartenders may have promised it, but they weren't supposed to.

this info is a year old but it is from shore side guest service

Wilma (Disney Cruise Line)
Aug 31, 2021, 4:17 PM EDT

Thank you for contacting Disney Cruise Line.

I would be happy to assist you.

A new refillable beer mug/token should be purchased for each cruise. The token or mug is not to be used on each subsequent cruise.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further assistance with any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

Have a Wonderful Day.

Wilma
Shoreside Guest Services Associate
Disney Cruise Line

*If applicable, please include your full name, reservation number, and phone number on all correspondence.

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your sailing.

Aug 31, 2021, 4:02 PM EDT
Can the tokens we have be turned in for a mug or are the tokens not usable once they have been taken off the ship
Sent from my iPhone

Wilma (Disney Cruise Line)
Aug 31, 2021, 3:20 PM EDT

Thank you for choosing another Disney Cruise Line vacation!

I would be happy to assist you.

The option to have the mug refilled at the lesser price is valid only on the sailing in which the beer mug was purchased.

Guests may bring the refillable beer mug on their next sailing; however, it cannot be refilled.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further assistance with any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Wilma
Shoreside Guest Services Associate
Disney Cruise Line

*If applicable, please include your full name, reservation number, and phone number on all correspondence.

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your sailing.

I noticed the blue plastic beer mugs introduced on pool decks ?2017-2018 on all of the ships. I much prefer the glass mugs as they insulate much better, and the thick glass would be pretty difficult to break (but I do understand not having glass in areas where people are running around with bare feet). I've for sure gotten my money out of our original beer mug purchases, so I will stop complaining about my new Wish mug LOL

I noticed the blue plastic beer mugs introduced on pool decks ?2017-2018 on all of the ships. I much prefer the glass mugs as they insulate much better, and the thick glass would be pretty difficult to break (but I do understand not having glass in areas where people are running around with bare feet). I've for sure gotten my money out of our original beer mug purchases, so I will stop complaining about my new Wish mug LOL
Prior to supply chain issues, you were always able to get the glass mug at the end of the trip so you'd have the nicer one as your souvenir at least. But they haven't been available for months. It's plastic or nothing.

As a courtesy, DCL has been offering your first refill free to passengers who preordered.

Prior to supply chain issues, you were always able to get the glass mug at the end of the trip so you'd have the nicer one as your souvenir at least. But they haven't been available for months. It's plastic or nothing.

As a courtesy, DCL has been offering your first refill free to passengers who preordered.
We got a glass mug on our July 21-30, 2022 cruise....

if theyre still doing first refill free id definitely preorder

The WISH token is a paper business card. I enjoyed the new mug and I learned that you can’t reuse the other ships mugs on this boat lol

So if you preorder the mug prior to your Wish cruise do you get the Wish mug in your stateroom and the ability to trade it for the Wish token during your cruise? Or do you need to buy the Wish mug once you get onboard and then do the token/mug trading during your cruise?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!