Beer mug

shjtsgaawps

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know the difference in price between a 21oz and 16oz beer? im trying to decide it the mug is worth it, especially if i trade it for a chip.

As far as I remember they don't sell 21oz. But...

Assume the pint is $8 - So $0.50/oz which would make a 21 oz beer worth $10.50 so you are getting an extra $2.50 worth of beer per drink. A quick google says the beer mug is now $16.95 so you will pay for it with 7 drinks...

And you do get to keep a mug although I just keep the token and use it for multiple trips assuming I don't lose it.

As far as I remember they don't sell 21oz. But...

Assume the pint is $8 - So $0.50/oz which would make a 21 oz beer worth $10.50 so you are getting an extra $2.50 worth of beer per drink. A quick google says the beer mug is now $16.95 so you will pay for it with 7 drinks...

And you do get to keep a mug although I just keep the token and use it for multiple trips assuming I don't lose it.
We do the same and as soon as we get home we put the token in our passport wallet so we do not loose them.

I’m bringing my mug back onto the ship tomorrow that I bought on my last cruise. Will let you know if I have any issues
You can refill mugs from previous cruises. The only issue you'd have is if you left your mug behind on a table and forgot to exchange it for a card - then you're out a mug. But as long as you keep up with your mug and remember to exchange it for a card when you don't want to carry it around, you shouldn't have any problems.

You can refill mugs from previous cruises. The only issue you'd have is if you left your mug behind on a table and forgot to exchange it for a card - then you're out a mug. But as long as you keep up with your mug and remember to exchange it for a card when you don't want to carry it around, you shouldn't have any problems.
I’m on the wish right now and they told me I can’t use my mug.

I plan on asking guest service for the official response after dinner

Very curious to hear what they have to say. I was able to get the standard blue plastic refillable mug at the Lookout Bar on deck 11.

In a thread on another platform, another cruiser was told they don't accept it on the Wish and this was the refillable beer mug for that vessel.

Attachments

• 294890648_10110856753261352_1458535110391728386_n.jpg
    294890648_10110856753261352_1458535110391728386_n.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 7
Very curious to hear what they have to say. I was able to get the standard blue plastic refillable mug at the Lookout Bar on deck 11.

In a thread on another platform, another cruiser was told they don't accept it on the Wish and this was the refillable beer mug for that vessel.
I did see people getting the blue plastic mugs on 11, I tried filling at 1923 and that’s where they told me it’s not accepted on the ship at all.

I did see people getting the blue plastic mugs on 11, I tried filling at 1923 and that’s where they told me it’s not accepted on the ship at all.

Interesting. I've never ordered in a dining room. Given the relative inexperience of quite a few of the servers I saw, it could be that they didn't know any better so it was easiest for them to just say it's not accepted.

Really disappointing for DCL to give conflicting information on a simple thing like this.

thank you. this is exactly what i was looking for.

can you use the token on later cruises?
Sorry I did not get back to you sooner I just saw your question.
We were told yes by the bar staff years ago however that was subject to change. We would always see what the mugs looked like to see if they had changed from the previous cruise and if they did not then we would use our token.

One bartender told us years ago he was not suppose to take it but he made an exception for us, then another bartender said it was not a problem to take them from year to year.

If you purchase the refillable Wish-logo mug, will they exchange it for a Wish-specific mug token that can be used elsewhere on the ship, or must you carry the mug around in order to purchase refills? I have no problem with purchasing another refillable mug when we sail the Wish in January; it will add to my collection of two glass and one blue plastic refillable mugs from earlier cruises. I also have a mug card that has been used on other of our 20 DCL cruises when I’ve not taken the mug home after the cruise.

If you purchase the refillable Wish-logo mug, will they exchange it for a Wish-specific mug token that can be used elsewhere on the ship, or must you carry the mug around in order to purchase refills? I have no problem with purchasing another refillable mug when we sail the Wish in January; it will add to my collection of two glass and one blue plastic refillable mugs from earlier cruises. I also have a mug card that has been used on other of our 20 DCL cruises when I’ve not taken the mug home after the cruise.

That's a great question, unfortunately I have no idea what the answer is. I was able to use my token for a normal blue mug, in fact I never even saw the Wish mug the other cruiser posted the picture of.

Maybe Glenn3484 was able to get that information if he was able to get to guest services to ask about the whole program.

It's a nice looking mug and I'd consider buying one as well, however it does appear to be smaller than the historic mugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter