Beer/Liquor Delivery?

BobC

Mouseketeer
Ok I'll take the risk of sounding like a lush even though I'm at Disney, but I'm doing a solo trip and am planning on taking it slow and lounging around quite a bit.

Obviously, brews at the resort are pricier than buying at Walmart/Publix. I don't want to rent a car just to do a grocery run nor rent a cab for this, but are there delivery services for this?

Thanks and feel free to flame me if you wish!! :firefight:firefight:firefight

Garden grocer will deliver beer. I'm not sure about hard liquor but you could check their website.

Garden Grocer for beer and wine. Go to Boardwalk resorts. There's a gas station across the way there that sells liquor. You can check liquor in a bag too if you are flying.

LOL! I was meeting friends in DIsney last October, and wanted to share my home made wine with them. I wrapped up several bottles and tucked them in between clothes in my bags. Upon arrival there were tags in both bags that they had been inspected! I wonder what those bottles looked like in the scanners!!!!!! LOL!

WE are considering the best way to ensure we have wine available. We arre taking it slow this AUgust as well, and while I enjoy cocktails in the lounge and at the pool, I also know that realistically, I am going to be the designated babysitter for the two Princesses in tow while they nap and when they are in bed for the night. I like a glass of wine while I am on the balcony and the girls are sleeping.

Garden Grocer will deliver wine or beer, but they no longer deliver liquor. I think the Hess gas station also only sells wine or beer; you have to go to a liquor store to buy liquor in Orlando I believe.
You can pack liquor in your luggage, but please be safe about it. I'd hate to have it leak.
Liquor is sold at a mark up at the resorts' shops.
Wine isn't too horribly priced there too, but beer is quite expensive I think.
You can buy 1L of vodka in Norway in Epcot for about $20. They have to deliver it to the store at the entrance (I did this and they delivered it to the market at the International Gateway). Allow at least 3 or 4 hours until you can pick it up from there. Other countries have various liquors (I've seen tequila in Mexico). I think they MAY let you transport wine out, but not hard liquor. Fun way to try different drinks from around the world.

I don't believe you can take any alcoholic beverages out of Epcot. Garden Grocer will deliver. I just had to fax a copy of my ID to them

Garden Grocer will deliver wine or beer, but they no longer deliver liquor. I think the Hess gas station also only sells wine or beer; you have to go to a liquor store to buy liquor in Orlando I believe.
You can pack liquor in your luggage, but please be safe about it. I'd hate to have it leak.
Liquor is sold at a mark up at the resorts' shops.
Wine isn't too horribly priced there too, but beer is quite expensive I think.
You can buy 1L of vodka in Norway in Epcot for about $20. They have to deliver it to the store at the entrance (I did this and they delivered it to the market at the International Gateway). Allow at least 3 or 4 hours until you can pick it up from there. Other countries have various liquors (I've seen tequila in Mexico). I think they MAY let you transport wine out, but not hard liquor. Fun way to try different drinks from around the world.

My DSIL bought some kind of Baileys concoction in a resort market to enjoy in the evening.He said even thogh it was pricier than he could buy at home, it was way cheaper than individually at the bar, and he could have it while he caught up on whatever sports thing he was watching.

And to think my DD and our fiend have been laughing at me because I intend to check two bags on th plane! HA! I will have room to pack a bottle of something if I choose, while they are busy weighing their 1 little bag to make sure it does not go overweight! My DD has her massive spreadsheet all printed out with every potential need hghlighted, and I never saw wine anywhere on that list. No Baileys for Jeff, and not a drop of Nuvo for me. Hmm.....who needs a better planning sheet? LOL!

We used garden grocer for beer and sangria on our last trip-easy and cheaper than buying the resort shop (it was like $5 for a single serve container of wine at the CR shop)-not sure how prices at Hess compare but wouldn't be very convenient IMO if not staying at an Epcot area hotel. Garden grocer has an app as well as the website which makes it super easy to order. You do have to pay delivery and tip but if you order ahead of time they give you money off (10% for 60 days out, 7% for 30 days, and 5% for 15 days).

I don't believe you can take any alcoholic beverages out of Epcot. Garden Grocer will deliver. I just had to fax a copy of my ID to them

Not open, but the bottles of liquor are sealed in a box and delivered to the gift shop right inside the park. No open drinks go in our out for sure (I had to chug the last bit of my beer once while leaving, LOL.

I never had to give GG my ID, even though it said I would have to. I've always had it delivered to bell services, who sign for it.

Not open, but the bottles of liquor are sealed in a box and delivered to the gift shop right inside the park. No open drinks go in our out for sure (I had to chug the last bit of my beer once while leaving, LOL.

I never had to give GG my ID, even though it said I would have to. I've always had it delivered to bell services, who sign for it.

Sorry I was misleading in what I was trying to say. I meant, I don't think you can carry bottles of wine from the different countries to the exit. I believe they too are delivered to the shop at the exit areas like hard liquor. I know you can carry it out from there.
Sorry if I was confusing

Sorry I was misleading in what I was trying to say. I meant, I don't think you can carry bottles of wine from the different countries to the exit. I believe they too are delivered to the shop at the exit areas like hard liquor. I know you can carry it out from there.
Sorry if I was confusing

Correct. I think it has to do with the "no glass containers allowed" policy.

You could take a taxi to the Hess station. We frequently take a taxi around WDW. We really like gardengrocer.com and have used them many times.

WeGo Shop will go to the liquor store for you for an additional $5.00 fee. I bought wine diapers on Amazon and regularly pack wine/liquor/beer in our luggage. In addition to the wine diaper I wrap the bottle in bubble wrap and then place it in two large Ziploc bags. I have done this many times without a problem.

I packed plastic bottles of liquor in my checked luggage. Vodka to mix with beverages from the food court. I also ordered beer from garden grocer. So much cheaper than buying it in the resort.

If you're a lush for wanting to enjoy some adult beverages at a reduced cost while on a vacation then I don't know that I don't want to be a lush too.

We put in our checked luggage a botabox of wine and also some vodka. I think it was a pint. We also had a really good time at the Hole in the Wall Bar on the backside of Raglan Road in Downtown Disney. It was happy hour all day and I think beers were $3 and wine was $4... It was my birthday and the bartender personally bought my cider. She was so nice that we went back the night before our departure and the (then) boyfriend became my fiance!

We've used Garden Grocer for Beer and Mixers. If they don't have what you're looking for on their website, you can just call them and they will make it happen. Even though their website says they need a photocopy of your ID, in the four times I've used them, they've never asked for it.

For the hard stuff, we've found it easiest for us to bring the single serve bottles of spirits in our checked luggage. They are usually in plastic bottles (although some higher end stuff is in glass.) We can buy them for about a dollar each at our grocery store and then if we don't finish all of them, we don't have to worry about either wasting an open bottle, or trying to get the open bottle back home in our checked luggage. We just wrapped the little glass bottles in paper towel and double-bagged them in gallon size Ziplocs.

Cheers!

We have used garden grocer several times. We get beer, wine and bottled water. They are awesome. We learned our lesson after our first trip. We went to the gift shop and my husband picked up a 6 pack of Heineken. The CM at the counter said "you don't want that" When my husband asked "why not ?" The CM told him it was $36!!!! For a six pack. We expected a mark up for sure, but $36 for a normally $9 six pack of beer was too much. That was back in 2010. It's probably more now. For our upcoming trip we got 2 six pack of beef, a case of water and some Gatorade for $35 through garden grocer. They are great. Your stuff will be waiting at guest services when you check in and then they will bring it to your room for you:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter