Been to Palio's??

cd&kids

DIS Veteran
Looking for some reviews of Palio's please. Have heard some good things...including from a co-worker who just went there and loved it. Seriously thinking of trying it on our September trip.
Thanks!!

Here are the reviews from our August 2002 trip and Palio's is one of them. We loved it and will go back.

Palio was our anniversay dinner. We left the kids at the Sandcastle club which they loved. We had some great meals this week and Palio is right up there with all of them.

We started out with a seafood risotto appetizer. This is actually on the entree menu but we got it as an appetizer and shared. We then had Insalata del Palio - red oak leaf salad with black olive vinaigrette topped with toasted pine nuts and gorgonzola cheese. Mine was without the cheese as I am not a fan of it.

Entrees were Costoletta Alla Fiorentina - Veal Chop braised in white wine, served with sauteed spinach and sage infused wine sauce and Piccantine di Vitello al Marsala - Veal scaloppine with Marsala Wine Sauce, mushrooms and Sage Gnocchi.

My husband had some wine and I just had ice tea.

Everything was wonderful. The sage gnocchi with my veal was out of this world. The ice tea is a blackberry sage ice tea which I wasn't too sure about but it was so good I am on a hunt for it at home.

Everyone was dresses either resort casual (nice shorts and a collar shirt) or slacks and a nice shirt.

We would definitely eat here again in a heart beat. Our waiter was Roberto who has been there for 13 years and was everything you expect from a great waiter. I like the atmosphere of the restaurant as it has some nice alcoves where tables for 2 are so it makes it romantic.

I did notice that they put bigger parties in the middle of the room and parties of 2 or 4 in the cozy spots. The restaurant is not very loud like some can be.

I give it a 9 for food, 10 for atmosphere and 10 for service.

Their thin crust pizza is sublime. So is their desert selection. Go and enjoy!! :Pinkbounc

I've eaten there three times. In 1998 DH and I had one of the best meals we've ever eaten there. The food, the service, it was all top notch.

In 1998 we went back woth a group of six, all adults. The food was lackluster, the service was deplorable.

We gave them the benefit of the doubt and thought we had just hit them on a bad night.

We went back in 2001. The food was good, but not what it should have been a those prices, and the service while starting out good (not great, not polished, but good) dissolved to terrible (like in disappeared off the face of the earth) once our entrees were delivered. DS asked for more sauce for his chicken parm (which was served sauceless?), it never arrived. After half an hour of staring at his plate, he asked to be excused so he could go to the BW and buy a hot dog. Drinks went unrefreshed. A few minutes after DS left, she came back, without the sauce. We decided to cut our losses, had the food wrapped and left. She didn't apologize, maybe she was out smoking crack, I don't know. But she only had one other party (of 4, so not huge), and she just seemed to not care, or even realize how poor the service was.

We won't be back.

Anne

We went there for the first time on our last trip, and it's our new favorite dinner restaurant now!! :) :)

The atmosphere is very nice, but the prices aren't as high as the place looks (does that make sense?). The food was all very good! The strolling violin player was very nice too!

They also give a 20% DC Discount!

Wow....Anne...sorry you had such a bad experience...didn't sound pleasant at all!
Rhonda, the "strolling violin" sounds nice...didn't realize they did that!!
How was the check at the end of the night? (Keeping in mind that EVERY Disney restaurant tab is more than you expected...or more than it should be just because it's "Disney"!!!!)

We have eaten there numerous times, and have never had a problem. The food and service have always been outstanding and it is our favorite place to go for Italian onsite. PYC in DD is a close second.
Not trying to sound rude or like I am correcting Rhonda: The strolling musicians play a mandolin and a guitar. They are two older gentlemen and they can play almost any request that you give them, including the theme from Star Wars. They complete the experience!
Go and enjoy!:D

We were there last Sunday for DW's 50th birthday & the violinist played Happy Birthday, Bella Norte & Colour My World (it was the first slow dance we ever did together-1971!). The service was very good. We did not care for the food we had, but it was probably due to our own lack of sophistication than the quality of the food. They did bring DW a complimentary, delicious tiramisu on a decorated plate in honor of the big day.

Can you get a 20%discount with the DC card?

Can you get a discount for the special breakfast on Easter SUnday,,,the one with the Easter egg hunt?

Yes - you get 20% discount with your DC card. There were four of us (adults) and our bill was only around $60! We were very impressed!

Palio's is one of our new favorites. We enjoyed lovely food served very professionally. There was a violinist who asked us for our requests and played each one for us. Our bill for 3 (2 adults and our son - who ordered from the adult menu )was about $100. We used our DC card for the discount and they accepted it graciously. (I am really going to miss that card)

What happened to the mandolin and guitar players? I hope they are still there........
If not, I am going to be very upset, I really enjoy those older gentlemen. I hope they are not in poor health.:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter