Bedbug on Disney Dream

ohhh lord.... Im going on the Dream in a week(the 28)...This literally makes me not wanty to go.... bedbugs are horrible

I wonder what disney's policy is when they get a complaint about a room with bed bugs? They must do something to make sure the bed bugs don't multiply and cause the next set of cruisers to have a problem.

Big deal! I saw a couple of mice running around the Dream on my cruise!

:rotfl2:

Me too! They were about 4 feet tall and walking around like they owned the place!

If there were no other rooms available except the one, I'm not sure what else could have been done. Are you looking for financial compensation? If so, on what grounds? This was not DCL's fault. For all they know, the 2 bugs came on board in your luggage. Not saying they did but if you checked bags a bug could have come from someone else's luggage into your room.

Sorry you got all stressed this ruined your vacation.

Reactions: MUN
We found bed bugs in our condo at WBC once. We hadn't moved our belongings into the room yet, and we did a thorough inspection of the beds and found them in the king bed. We called the front desk, they gave us options about where we wanted to be moved to...then we asked a few days later how they handle this. They bring in a company called Ecolab to take care of it. I went to Ecolab's website to read their procedure. They shut down the adjacent rooms, treat all the rooms....leave them empty and come back to inspect and possibly do further treatments. Once the rooms have been inspected and are clear they open the room and adjacent rooms to be occupied again.

The reason I am posting this, is not to scare anyone, but to really try to figure out how DCL would be able to do this properly? Most sailings are at close to capacity on The Dream and The Fantasy...or do I have this information wrong? If they are at even close to capacity, it seems like it would be difficult to treat these rooms according to this procedure. So, the next question for me would be....How do you handle this? How do I know that you are dealing with this problem properly?

To a PP that said these bugs are coming from overseas...I dare you to look up your home town, or you're favorite destination on bedbugregistry.com. You will be surprised at what you find. This is a problem everywhere and I would hope that DCL is handling this problem as well as WDW Parks and Resorts does.

Edited to add:
Just found this interesting article on cruisecritic...wonder if this is how Disney is supposed to handle the situation? They even allude the problem of having another stateroom to move to..
http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1211

Many articles have come out over the past couple of years about the widespread infection of bedbugs. They are no longer just a hotel problem -- they have been found in clothing stores, book stores and movie theaters!

m&mfamily said:
The bugs were in 7534...we had 7534 and 7536.

I glad I saw this thread since we'll be in 7570 next month; however, I'm totally creeped out. I always check my hotel room for bugs but have never seen any. I hope Disney addressed the issue.

Traveler4Life said:
I glad I saw this thread since we'll be in 7570 next month; however, I'm totally creeped out. I always check my hotel room for bugs but have never seen any. I hope Disney addressed the issue.

Oh that's the room we will be sailing in May :-). Please let us know how you like it and if there are any bed bugs cause just like you I am creeped out as well!

I would notify DCL of the bug problem, how they could have handled it better, and include your photos, even if they're fuzzy. There was a place on DCL's website for filing complaints, not sure if this is it. https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/contact-us/ or call (800) 951-3532 to find the right place to report this. Include that your a DVC member, AP holder, etc. As someone who'll be taking the Dream in several weeks, I would want everyone who had a bug problem to report it so that it gets addressed.

We had a big problem on the Magic with a non flushing toilet. We reported it 5 times and it never got fixed because all the CMs thought it was just the vacuum system getting stuck. We complained to Guest Services onboard, and asked for compensation as well. That finally got their attention. A plumber came and tore the toilet apart, replaced broken parts, and got it to work. The small monetary compensation and stuffed animal they gave to DD weren't sufficient for all our inconvenience, so they gave us the email address to the DCL dept in FL to complain to. We got the compensaion we expected, but only through perserverance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter