Beaches & Cream Not the Same

It was better when they had the old style patties where you could get the single or double. Now it's just mediocre like most of the rest of WDW unfortunately. Walk over to the fountain at the dolphin instead. Literally everything is better there, especially the amazing ice cream.

I had the burger (pictured above).. it was the best burger I have ever had in Disney.

This is what DS12 proclaimed on our 3rd visit there this past March, with the burger at Grand Floridian Cafe coming in pretty close to it! Overall this isn't spectacular food but we enjoy it, and I do love the grilled cheese and tomato bisque soup. Our B&C visit in March was our first since Nov. 2015 and it was as good as we remembered.

This is what DS12 proclaimed on our 3rd visit there this past March, with the burger at Grand Floridian Cafe coming in pretty close to it! Overall this isn't spectacular food but we enjoy it, and I do love the grilled cheese and tomato bisque soup. Our B&C visit in March was our first since Nov. 2015 and it was as good as we remembered.

We love the grilled cheese w tomato soup!

Average food at best, and grocery store ice cream. The draw has always been the novelty. Nothing wrong with it, and it was an OK spot back when you could just walk up, but it's quite a stretch to say it's worth a special trip or an ADR.

I go to the Brooklyn location all the time. Ample Hills is outstanding. I have never been to B&C but the main draw there seems to just be that they put mediocre ice cream in a giant container and throw everything they possibly can in with it. Ample Hills is all about quality ice cream and outstanding flavors.
My main draw is it's Hot outside and they have ice cream

Looks like I'm the rare one because we loved this place when we went last year and tomorrow we'll be back for lunch and we're soooo excited!! :)

I have never found the burgers to be anything special either. Definitely not any better than I can get at a diner in my area. Just normal burgers.

It had been a few years since our last trip, so I could not wait to get back to my favorite place for a burger, Beaches & Cream. The ones I had before had the "old-fashioned" taste (the way they made them back in the 50s), and were soooo good. The ones we had last week however, were a huge letdown. Just another flavorless burger (and bun) typical of the ones you'd get at a counter-service place. The fries were also basic and boring. My daughter wasn't impressed with her grilled cheese; she let me have a taste and I agreed. Soooo disappointing; B&C is now off my list. The ice cream was still good, though they have fewer selections than before.
Im with you. I was there about 2 years ago...so not that recent. Back then the food was decent enough but honestly nothing special. Yes I had the burger/fries. Also, we got the kitchen sink and bleh. I just wasnt into it. It was a hot mess....melted way too quick. Or so it seemed. Either way, next time i go there i'll order something different. Hopefully i'll have better luck.

I have never found the burgers to be anything special either. Definitely not any better than I can get at a diner in my area. Just normal burgers.

They were really good back before they started using the standard thicker disney restaurant patties. (Maybe pre-2013 if I remember correctly.) But, as usual, it's just another typical downgrade. I do still like the tomato soup and grilled cheese, though, and there's nothing wrong with an Edy's shake. It's just not anything you can't already get at home in most cases.

My favorite ice cream topping is peanut butter and none of the good places near us have PB topping of any sort so I like B&C just because I can get the No Way Jose, the ice cream doesn't matter in this case as it is just a vehicle to get the sauce into my mouth. I am an odd one as I don't like the ice cream at Ample Hills, the base is certainly a much higher caliber but all of the flavors we tried were way too sweet for me.

The Kitchen Sink is a fun must-do, one time. I have tried them for lunch/dinner a few times and have never thought the food was good. Now that Ample Hills is open over in the Boardwalk, I won't go back to B&C - Ample Hills is ice cream is soooooo much better.

I agree - Ample Hills has some of the BEST ice cream that I have ever had. It is quality, and it shows!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter