Beach club room request, please help

lobsterslayer

Mouseketeer
We just changed our split stay, 5 nights Coronodo Springs, 4 nights Beach Club to 9 nights Beach Club water view.:) I read on easywdw that to get the best view I should request full balcony that directly overlooks Crescent lake. I understand this view would be awesome, but when I look at the resort layout it looks like the third floor has rooms with full balcony's that look out over stormalong bay and Crescent lake at the same time. I think being able to sit on our balcony and watch my wife and son swimming in the pool would be a blast.:goodvibes So I'm hoping someone who has stayed in any water view rooms can tell me if this is a good location or not? If that isn't a good location for whatever reason (too loud, out of the way or what not) we will use easywdw's recommendation. Also could someone please tell me how to place my room request. What number do I call and how many days out and how many times to call to have the best chance of having my request granted? Thank you in advance.

Not exactly sure how room number requesting goes, but you definitely want to put in your reservation that you want a full balcony, since not every room, even waterview, has one. As long as you have the reservation, you can call at any time to put in this request. Be aware that it is just a request. I've been to BC five times, and five times I've had a standing room balcony. Good luck.

We stayed at BC last summer, loved it. I would put full balcony as your first request and overlooking storm along bay as your 2nd request. If you have a view of SAB you should also be able to see the lake!!! Good luck...we had our full balcony, top floor requests met last trip!!

We just changed our split stay, 5 nights Coronodo Springs, 4 nights Beach Club to 9 nights Beach Club water view.:) I read on easywdw that to get the best view I should request full balcony that directly overlooks Crescent lake. I understand this view would be awesome, but when I look at the resort layout it looks like the third floor has rooms with full balcony's that look out over stormalong bay and Crescent lake at the same time. I think being able to sit on our balcony and watch my wife and son swimming in the pool would be a blast.:goodvibes So I'm hoping someone who has stayed in any water view rooms can tell me if this is a good location or not? If that isn't a good location for whatever reason (too loud, out of the way or what not) we will use easywdw's recommendation. Also could someone please tell me how to place my room request. What number do I call and how many days out and how many times to call to have the best chance of having my request granted? Thank you in advance.

We had a room that overlooked SAB once. It was located so that you were looking at the middle of SAB, and the room was about as far from Crescent Lake as you can be in that section of the BC. That section of the resort is set back so that you can't see anything from Epcot and you don't get the panoramic view of the Boardwalk. You aren't able to see any fireworks from there, either. I can't remember if it was noisy, but then we went in the days before loud music and pool parties existed. What I do remember about that room was that the SAB lights were on all night. I found that annoying, like we were in a busy city. We had to be very careful when we pulled the curtains shut to try and keep it dark in there.

This room was my second least favorite room at the BC/BCV's, (we've been there at least ten times). I much prefer the lagoon views from the ends of the resort that are closest to the boardwalk. It is more peaceful there and the view is great.

We had a room that overlooked SAB once. It was located so that you were looking at the middle of SAB, and the room was about as far from Crescent Lake as you can be in that section of the BC. That section of the resort is set back so that you can't see anything from Epcot and you don't get the panoramic view of the Boardwalk. You aren't able to see any fireworks from there, either. I can't remember if it was noisy, but then we went in the days before loud music and pool parties existed. What I do remember about that room was that the SAB lights were on all night. I found that annoying, like we were in a busy city. We had to be very careful when we pulled the curtains shut to try and keep it dark in there.

This room was my second least favorite room at the BC/BCV's, (we've been there at least ten times). I much prefer the lagoon views from the ends of the resort that are closest to the boardwalk. It is more peaceful there and the view is great.

I never gave the lights from the pool a thought. Now I'm thinking about requesting a full balcony direct view of Cresent Lake closest to Epcot. I really don't want to mess this request up because we might not have the opportunity to stay water view again, so I would love to hear more opinons.Thanks again to everyone who took the time to post.:)

I stayed BC one trip with a full balcony overlooking SAB and Crescent Lake. I don't recall any issues with the lights but if you're hoping to relax on the balcony in the late afternoon, forget it. Very loud music and pool activity. I put the balcony request on my reservation.

If your looking for a more relaxing situation with a balcony overlooking the lagoon, I would suggest you go to the YC instead. Most rooms have full balconies and you are away from the pool noise.

I'd go with the easywdw request advice. Just call and have it added to your reservation, they don't accept fax requests anymore. Prioritze which is more important, full size balcony, or Crescent Lake view and list that first. You may end up with one or the other.

We requested the full balcony and would have been greatly disappointed not to get it, but honestly we barely used it.

Hi lobsterslayer!

I would like to invite you over to the Yacht & Beach Club FAQ thread- lots of pictures and info on Page 1, including an FAQ section that gives advice about room requests. Plus, over the last day or two, we have been talking about lobster. A LOT!

To confirm and add to what the other posters have said:

Your requests should be given by contacting Disney's central reservation office (where you called to book or through your travel agent). I recommend you call again about 10 days before your vacation to confirm the request(s) are still listed on your reservation.

When you check in, ask if your requests have been met before taking your key. For example, if you have requested a full balcony and you are assigned a room with a smaller balcony, ask if there is a room available that does have a balcony. If there is not one available that day, but you are willing to switch later in the trip, you can discuss that too.

If you are planning to discuss your room location or attributes like the balcony or daybed when you arrive, we recommend that you do NOT do the on-line advance check, because that is designed for guests who will grab their keys and go.

Hi lobsterslayer!

I would like to invite you over to the Yacht & Beach Club FAQ thread- lots of pictures and info on Page 1, including an FAQ section that gives advice about room requests. Plus, over the last day or two, we have been talking about lobster. A LOT!

To confirm and add to what the other posters have said:

Your requests should be given by contacting Disney's central reservation office (where you called to book or through your travel agent). I recommend you call again about 10 days before your vacation to confirm the request(s) are still listed on your reservation.

When you check in, ask if your requests have been met before taking your key. For example, if you have requested a full balcony and you are assigned a room with a smaller balcony, ask if there is a room available that does have a balcony. If there is not one available that day, but you are willing to switch later in the trip, you can discuss that too.

If you are planning to discuss your room location or attributes like the balcony or daybed when you arrive, we recommend that you do NOT do the on-line advance check, because that is designed for guests who will grab their keys and go.

Thanks for the invitation and advice:),I'll be right over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter