Be Out Guest reservations are a joke.

I don't think it should be expected that BOG would have a flawed seating system because it's new. As the PP mentioned, Disney knows what they're doing when it comes to reservations. But every restaurant runs into problems.
FWIW, we checked in at BOG on Monday 15 minutes before our ADR and were seated within moments. We had a great meal, smooth experience, and were out in just about an hour. In comparison, our meal a month prior at Narcoossee's had us waiting 40 minutes past our ADR for a party of two. That place is certainly not new. :laughing:

I don't think it should be expected that BOG would have a flawed seating system because it's new. As the PP mentioned, Disney knows what they're doing when it comes to reservations. But every restaurant runs into problems.

It shouldn't be expected that they have a flawed seating system, but it is understandable. Especially so one that has much for guests to look at and soak in.

If Disney cut way back on seatings you would see people complaining that so few could get ADRs.

And if we don't speak out then Disney doesn't know. I would have preferred the host let me know there was going to be a delay as not to have unrealistic expectation from a multi billion dollars company that should know better. If some of you don't mind waiting, more power to you. Happy Thanksgiving! Off to Boma for late lunch.

this cannot be controlled..........to many random elements............sit tight and and enjoy the anticipation....it is not the end of the world.

You had an hour wait with a ressie???? Did you complain?? I got up at 4:30am to make my ressie for my January trip. I better not have to wait 2 hours! Maybe it's b/c it's just opened. Let me know how it turns out for ya!!

I seriously doubt you'll have the same problem in a slow time like January that the OP had Thanksgiving week. I would still expect to wait, but not an hour (or really, 40 minutes past the OP's reservation time).

I seriously doubt you'll have the same problem in a slow time like January that the OP had Thanksgiving week. I would still expect to wait, but not an hour (or really, 40 minutes past the OP's reservation time).

Does it really matter what week of the year it is? Booked solid is booked solid. Unless they are taking walk-ins. Which I have not yet heard.

My own thought is more about it being the first week of regular operation with ADRs.

The PP stated that another group with the same number in the party with a later ADR was seated first, that's a bit irritating, even to the best of us. There has to be some type of protocol that they follow in seating guests, it should be first come first served, based on ADR time. There should be no explanation that is acceptable for someone with a later ADR getting seated first, it shouldn't matter who checked in first.

This! I have complete understanding for the restaurant running behind because guests are staying longer than anticipated and such, and wouldn't be annoyed at Disney only for how long it took to get seated. Having another party of the same # of guests, but with a later ADR, get seated before us would absolutely be annoying, though, and I would speak with management. What's the point of having ADRs at all, if the restaurant isn't going to seat guests in at least an approximate order of ADR (even if it's running behind)?

This! I have complete understanding for the restaurant running behind because guests are staying longer than anticipated and such, and wouldn't be annoyed at Disney only for how long it took to get seated. Having another party of the same # of guests, but with a later ADR, get seated before us would absolutely be annoying, though, and I would speak with management. What's the point of having ADRs at all, if the restaurant isn't going to seat guests in at least an approximate order of ADR (even if it's running behind)?

I can see that when they check people in, they might just hand out pagers, then call them back in the same order. But given the high profile nature of this venue, I think they need to take a look at this process. I know that at CRT they have never let us check in more than 10 or 15 minutes pior to our ADR time, even making us get in the back of a long line again for being there 20 minutes before our time. Maybe they need to do the same thing at BOG.

The bottom line is that when anyone reserves a table at x time, they should expect to have a table waiting for them at that exact time, no excuses. I don't care if other patrons are dilly dallying around or not. Disney should have booked less ADRs and that's the bottom line. Disney could have easily filled empty spaces with walk ups. Also, had I not shown up they would have tagged me for $60 for not keeping the reservation. I keep my end of our agreement up.

Mystery Fan said:
The bottom line is that when anyone reserves a table at x time, they should expect to have a table waiting for them at that exact time, no excuses. I don't care if other patrons are dilly dallying around or not. Disney should have booked less ADRs and that's the bottom line. Disney could have easily filled empty spaces with walk ups. Also, had I not shown up they would have tagged me for $60 for not keeping the reservation. I keep my end of our agreement up.

Expecting a table at the EXACT time is unrealistic. You will be very very disappointed on a regular basis if you truly believe that.

With all of that, you are not understanding what an ADR is to Disney. It is not a reservation for a specific time slot. It gives you the next table at that point that becomes available for your party size.

Expecting it to be an exact time reservation is setting yourself up for disappointment.

1) The buzzer goes of when the guest is ready to be seated.
2) Contrary to popular believe, it is not based upon ADR time.
3) In most cases, it is based upon when you checked in at the podium.
4) My guess, and only a guess, is the other party checked in prior to OP.

NOTE: This may or may not be right in some people's minds, but when
Guest-B checks in early, the person at the podium does not know if the
Guest-A with a later ADR will check in or not. So, Guest-B is placed into
the queue before Guest-A. I have personally checked in early at some
Signature eateries, then went into the bar for an aperitif, and my buzzer
went off before the folks next to us with earlier ADR's had their buzzer
sound off.

I'm with you on this one Rusty. Even with Disney the estaurant business is still somewhat unpredictable where some nites you may wait longer and some nites you check in early and your seated. Give them a break people -relax- it's vacation :)

With all of that, you are not understanding what an ADR is to Disney. It is not a reservation for a specific time slot. It gives you the next table at that point that becomes available for your party size.

Expecting it to be an exact time reservation is setting yourself up for disappointment.

I'll back you up on this ! Mystery you are WAY off base.

And when I am disappointed I don't suck it up and take it either. And, yes when my expectations are not met that doesn't stop me from voicing my displeasure. Why should I not speak up? It's for other's benefit too. I find it fascinating when people say I should go with the flow, who are they kidding, thanks for your help.

And when I am disappointed I don't suck it up and take it either. And, yes when my expectations are not met that doesn't stop me from voicing my displeasure. Why should I not speak up? It's for other's benefit too. I find it fascinating when people say I should go with the flow, who are they kidding, thanks for your help.

You can voice your displeasure. But it sounds as if don't understand what an ADR actually gets you. Expecting it to get you table right at a set time is only going to cause you frustration.

You can not like what it is. But don't know what it is and be upset because that is what it is, and it isn't something else you would like better.

I know that at CRT they have never let us check in more than 10 or 15 minutes pior to our ADR time, even making us get in the back of a long line again for being there 20 minutes before our time. Maybe they need to do the same thing at BOG.

Oh, they are! We got there a good bit before our ADR because we figured the first night would be mobbed. They wouldn't let us check in until exactly 15 minutes before our ADR. :thumbsup2

OP, I totally understand your disappointment at how this was handled. It is correct that an ADR is not a typical reservation. But there's nothing about an ADR that prevents them from calling earlier times before later times, as long as they checked in on time. Or with refusing to allow check-ins more than 10-15 minutes prior to your ADR time. Either of these approaches would have possibly minimized your own wait.

I probably would have complained as well if someone with a later time was seated ahead of us, if I had checked in on time. They will never change this approach unless people complain about it.

Note to self..... be sure to check in early on our own visit.

It gives you the next table at that point that becomes available for your party size.

Even so, that's not what happened in this situation (though I understand the OP is upset about not being seated at the exact time, which I agree is a bit over the top).

If an ADR gives you the next table that becomes available for your party size at that point, then even if someone checks in at 8:00 with an 8:30 ADR and someone checks in at 8:10 for an 8:20 ADR, the 8:20 ADR should be seated first.

Oh, they are! We got there a good bit before our ADR because we figured the first night would be mobbed. They wouldn't let us check in until exactly 15 minutes before our ADR. :thumbsup2

I don't know why they haven't done the same thing at BOG. It surely can't be a surprise to them that it has been really popular. And if it was overbooked, they knew that as well.

I don't know why they haven't done the same thing at BOG. It surely can't be a surprise to them that it has been really popular. And if it was overbooked, they knew that as well.

No, that's what I meant. They ARE doing the same thing at BOG. You cannot check-in more than 15 minutes prior to your reservation. We even tried at 20 minutes and were turned away. It was the strictest check-in process I've ever experienced, even moreso than 'Ohana.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter