Be Our Guest - What to Order?

JessLyn

Earning My Ears
So, I'm not all that interested in French food, and I really don't see what the big deal is with BOG. But, it has amazing reviews. What is it about BOG that is so great? What on the menu is the best meal? Thanks for your input!

Kinda hard to make a recommendation for someone that doesn't really like the theme of the food. Maybe list some of the places you do like and what is your favorite there; that might help steer you in the right direction.

Are you going for lunch or dinner? We went for lunch and the Turkey sandwich and Roast Beef sandwich were very tasty.

If you aren't a fan of french food but still want to dine try going during lunch. it's more casual and the food is delicious and unique compared to the rest of the park's QS options which are mostly burgers, chicken sandwiches, etc. My FAVORITE Magic Kingdom lunch item is actually the croque monsieur at Be Our Guest. It's really big enough for my husband and I to share if we want to save room for a grey stuff cupcake (YUM-O!) and it's so tasty. I don't feel disgusting after eating it either, like I do with a burger lol but maybe that's all just mind over matter because it isn't something I would consider healthy. Be our Guest is great, you should give it a shot.

The problem with lunch is the logistics....it takes forever to finally order (even with a FP+) and it's like herding cattle. Your constantly being prodded to go here, move there, stand here, shuffle here, go see them, wait here, etc.

When you finally do get up there, because there are so many people, there is usually a CM "assisting" you through the process who on on two of my three times going for lunch managed to screw something up.

1 - charged meal to magic band which I didn't want to do
2 - did no put correct side item on my daughters entree

The food is okay, but not worth it IMO.

Lunch- the carved turkey sandwich was delicious
Dinner- the steak and pommes frites (french fries) was good, i also enjoyed my father's dish (shrimp and scallops in a puff pastry shell)

At lunch last year, I had the braised pork which was a little fatty but good.
Lunch is a good time to go to check out the ambiance without spending a ton of money or being locked into the French menu..

I don't find the food themed as French really. It's Disney's version, it's pretty common fair not real French food. You're going for the experience and the atmosphere. We've had the steak and fries and the salmon leak fondue. We'd get the steak and fries again my husband wouldn't get the salmon again and he always orders salmon everywhere. It's his safe dish. I don't like the dessert choices much either

The problem with lunch is the logistics....it takes forever to finally order (even with a FP+) and it's like herding cattle. Your constantly being prodded to go here, move there, stand here, shuffle here, go see them, wait here, etc.

When you finally do get up there, because there are so many people, there is usually a CM "assisting" you through the process who on on two of my three times going for lunch managed to screw something up.

1 - charged meal to magic band which I didn't want to do
2 - did no put correct side item on my daughters entree

The food is okay, but not worth it IMO.

You can avoid this by pre-ordering your food. We did this and it was a breeze. We were sitting down inside within two seconds of walking up.

For lunch we had the roast beef with fries and ham & cheese with fries. Both were very good, pretty basic and "Americanized". I suspect lunch would be more suitable to someone not fond of French food.

We have only dined for lunch and loved it both times! PP is correct...preordering your food is a must. We have really, really enjoyed eating there as a CS credit but sitting in such a nice atmosphere! The braised pork is great (my DD had the kids meal version of this and I tried a bite--delish). I am huge fan of the turkey sandwich. It's not just plain ole park food--the sandwiches are done very nicely, almost gourmet! And, of course, the desserts are very yummy!

You can avoid this by pre-ordering your food. We did this and it was a breeze. We were sitting down inside within two seconds of walking up.

For lunch we had the roast beef with fries and ham & cheese with fries. Both were very good, pretty basic and "Americanized". I suspect lunch would be more suitable to someone not fond of French food.

Totally agree! We pre-ordered and we pretty much walked right in and found a table. It was very nice, we filled our drinks and then sat in nice chairs at our table and chatted, while we waited for our food to be delivered. It was so much nicer than any quick service meal.

That said, we also enjoyed dinner here, I had the pork chop, it was quite good.

If we booked, it would be for dinner. I just looked at pictures of the seafood in a puff pastry, and I'm sold! Thanks, everyone!

Lunch braised pork and the steak sandwich, along with the french onion soup. And the cupcakes! Lemon Meringue and the chocolate ones

If we booked, it would be for dinner. I just looked at pictures of the seafood in a puff pastry, and I'm sold! Thanks, everyone!

I am curious about this dish as well. Anyone here ever try it? Sure LOOKS good to me.

I am curious about this dish as well. Anyone here ever try it? Sure LOOKS good to me.
My mother had this on our last trip and still talks about how it was one of her favorite things ever. She made sure I was up at 6am to get a BOG ADR for this trip so she can have it again:rotfl2:

So, I'm not all that interested in French food, and I really don't see what the big deal is with BOG. But, it has amazing reviews. What is it about BOG that is so great? What on the menu is the best meal? Thanks for your input!

i wouldn't really call it french food.
more like americanized "french" food.
i've been 4 times for lunch.
the first time i had the turkey sandwich. it was good but then i tried the roast beef sandwich and i fell in love with it.
the sandwiches come with fries. some people have said the fries are terrible but i find them to be very good.
for dessert i love the strawberry cream cheese cupcake.
i tried the masters cupcake with the "grey stuff" on top but i found it to be gross cuz it was like mousse that had absolutely no flavor to it. i would have liked it to taste like cinnamon since thats how it smells in mickey's philharmagic.

the restaurant is not all about the food though.
its mostly about the atmosphere and attention to detail.
when you walk in there you ARE in beast's castle!
the ball room is my favorite place to sit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter