Be Our Guest - What to Order?

Don't despair if you can't get an adr. The standby line looks incredibly ominous especially when it stretches down the drawbridge and over the second bridge to Casey jr, but a CM told us there are 730 tables inside so if you get there when they open the lines moves along. In fact we got there at 10:15 and were eating by 11am.

Don't despair if you can't get an adr. The standby line looks incredibly ominous especially when it stretches down the drawbridge and over the second bridge to Casey jr, but a CM told us there are 730 tables inside so if you get there when they open the lines moves along. In fact we got there at 10:15 and were eating by 11am.

True. A rule of thumb: when the line goes out to the entrance from the park, that's about 30 minutes from there. Add or subtract accordingly.

I'm in agreement. It's basically a grilled ham and cheese sandwich. I don't find it big enough to share, but that's your call...

Well if I'm to fit a banana nutella waffle in at Sleepy Hollow mid-day, then half a sandwhich is enough :earboy2:

I've only eaten at BoG for lunch, but the turkey sandwich was great! (and had croque monseiur the other time, but the turkey sandwich would be more "Americanized") I do also like the option to get veggies as a side instead of fries.

Also, you need to try one of the desserts! They're very fancily-made. (and a college friend of mine is actually a pastry chef there... he says "the Beast is his master!")

I have a couple of questions.

1) Do they let you wander in and just look around if you aren't eating there?
2) Can adults order off the children's menu if there is literally nothing they like on the adult menu, or as a special accommodation for a disability?
3) To make the lunch reservations that go up next week, do you need to have your park tickets and hotel reservations set already? Or can the BOG reservation be literally the first thing you book?

Thanks!

If we booked, it would be for dinner. I just looked at pictures of the seafood in a puff pastry, and I'm sold! Thanks, everyone!

This is my absolute favorite dish for dinner. We have dined there for dinner 3 times now and haven't had anything else but this. Now mind you, I would think about getting something else for maybe a few seconds, but then I would come to my senses and change my mind because I know I would miss not having it. Enjoy :goodvibes.

So its really not good food for the price, but for the experience. I would suggest the French onion soup and whatever sandwich you fancy. It truly is dreadful food.

I haven't been able to find any info on how lunch reservations are going to be handled. The fast pass BOG lunch testing says "On Feb. 24, 2015 the lunch testing at Be Our Guest Restaurant will be ending. Beginning Feb. 25, log on to MyDisneyExperience.com for more information about dining at Be Our Guest Restaurant for lunch." It could either be entered in the Fast Pass reservation system or in the ADR meals reservation.
3) To make the lunch reservations that go up next week, do you need to have your park tickets and hotel reservations set already? Or can the BOG reservation be literally the first thing you book?
This will depend on whether it is FastPass or ADR. You do not need a park ticket to make an ADR because you don't have to have a park ticket to eat at the restaurants that are not in the parks - park restaurants and non-park restaurants are all in the same ADR system. You will need a ticket or a valid AP if it is entered as an option in Fast Pass. IMO - I think it will be odd if they put it in the FastPass options, since it is a restaurant and not an attraction. Time will tell!

Can adults order off the children's menu if there is literally nothing they like on the adult menu, or as a special accommodation for a disability?
We have eaten lunch and dinner at BOG. Our preference is lunch. I am hoping to get a lunch ADR for our March trip. I like the roast and the kids like the children's fish option. Be warned, the kids' portions are pretty small. My 9 yr old would leave a little hungry without the dessert. Lunch portions in general are smaller than the dinner ones, which is part of the reason we prefer lunch.

Except pre-ordering doesn't always work. When I went last year, I had pre-ordered, and it didn't even come up when we got to the register (after having to wait forever behind other people who either didn't pre-order, or whose pre-order didn't show up).
My pre-order didn't work last June either. Same thing - thought we could bypass the order stations but had to back-track and enter our order before proceeding to checkout. It didn't take long, but pre-order definitely doesn't always work.

1) Do they let you wander in and just look around if you aren't eating there

Yes but only before lunch service begins. You can talk to the CMs standing outside and they'll let you into a couple of the rooms (the foyer, the talking Knights and the main ballroom) to take photos and look. You aren't allowed in to the side rooms or where the orders are placed but the real wow factor is seeing the ballroom IMHO.

Oops clicked post before I was done. We did this last month and got to peek in around 9:30 before it opened for lunch. Then we did the standby line and got to eat there anyway, but it was neat to see that grand space completely empty and quiet before the roar of lunchtime descended.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter