BCV and BWV may have reached peak value

It's a thought exercise, not a strategy. It's simply a way to compare the "real cost" of buying vs. renting.

But, the answer to your question is that (in principle) you ignore what the price is doing and you just go on vacation, knowing that "bad" years will be offset by "good" years over the couple of decades you will be doing this. Plus, in the "bad" years your $Dy contribution will buy more, because the price is lower.

We just sold our BCV contract in the spring. Sold for full asking price. If it hadn’t sold, we would have just rented out the points every year. When I did the calculations between renting and selling, the $$$ was very close. And BCV points rent same day whenever I have rented them with a broker.
I just rented BCV points (dedicated reservation) for June 2023 at DVC Rental Store and there seem to still be a lot of rentals available. People say it’s so tough but I’m not seeing that. It’s making me reconsider buying a re-sale contract. It just doesn’t seem that difficult to rent. Now I do see only Studios and rarely a 1 Bedroom or above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter