Barclays Downgrades Disney Stock

Of course Disney+ is going to slow down. People are going back to work. To me, this says normal & expected, not oh crap, Disney is trending down.

Or… it’s using all the information from all the “subscribers” that magically appeared around the fiscal year from purchasing new phones and devices that came with free Disney plus-and now those “subscribers” are unenrolling so not to pay for Disney plus now.( Thus inflated potential revenue/subscribers at the time of stockholder voting) Just a thought- it has been done in the past by others…

Or… it’s using all the information from all the “subscribers” that magically appeared around the fiscal year from purchasing new phones and devices that came with free Disney plus-and now those “subscribers” are unenrolling so not to pay for Disney plus now.( Thus inflated potential revenue/subscribers at the time of stockholder voting) Just a thought- it has been done in the past by others…

That was my thought. They were ok to have it for free but aren't willing to pay. The offers artificially inflated subscription numbers and it's now beginning to normalize.

I just got notification that our D+ is about to renew (with a $10 increase from last year, of course).

I firmly believe there was pent up demand for travel throughout the summer, and i think that has popped.

Ive been wrong a lot in my life, but i dont think wdw is going to the get the crowds they are used to getting as well.

I firmly believe there was pent up demand for travel throughout the summer, and i think that has popped.

Ive been wrong a lot in my life, but i dont think wdw is going to the get the crowds they are used to getting as well.

I agree. 2019 crowds may return in time but it won't be anytime soon probably a few years. Travel industry as a whole is going to be hit hard.

Your country just opened up their borders to the rest of the world pretty much. I don’t think we’ve begun to see the end of pent up demand. IMO if anything drives down attendance it will be the inflated costs of just about everything in our every day lives. People will be hesitant to spend on a trip when their gas, home ownership and food costs are going through the roof. I think the desire it still there but people are nervous economically speaking.

Your country just opened up their borders to the rest of the world pretty much. I don’t think we’ve begun to see the end of pent up demand. IMO if anything drives down attendance it will be the inflated costs of just about everything in our every day lives. People will be hesitant to spend on a trip when their gas, home ownership and food costs are going through the roof. I think the desire it still there but people are nervous economically speaking.

Day to day life is a big effect but pent up demand is still gone. International travel isn’t going to have same effect as summer travel did. Other countries have same issues with and familes
With kids under 12 can’t travel for even longer and those with under 5 Won’t be till next year.

travel needs to go back to no restrictions before things really take off.

time will tell. people had extra money because of stimulus money last year and hadnt traveled. Lots of people in the US didnt travel outside of our borders over the past 18 months as well, so they chose vacations inside the US. Like i said, i've been wrong before.

Then you've got those that disney just pissed off. After spending a week there in June, disney has essentially told me my money is no longer good enough, so we booked a vacation for somewhere else in 2022. I've seen a few people say that as well.

Then you've got those that disney just pissed off. After spending a week there in June, disney has essentially told me my money is no longer good enough, so we booked a vacation for somewhere else in 2022. I've seen a few people say that as well.
Do you think that people equate unsatisfactory park experiences to their enjoyment of Disney+?

Do you think that people equate unsatisfactory park experiences to their enjoyment of Disney+?
Not sure. I know that i was so annoyed with our trip, and the subsequent announcement of additional charges, i contemplated canceling it at my house. But i read the writing on the wall and realized that i was going to have a coup in my house if i did, so i didnt.

I've got another year on our 3 year bundle, while I've enjoyed it I'm unsure if we'll renew or not. To be honest the Mandalorian was a huge draw for us and we looked forward to it around this time of year... but this year nothing and that's very disappointing. As I've said in the theme park threads I've decided to stop feeding the Di$ney beast and that may mean we just binge watch a few shows then cancel. Surprisingly I've really enjoyed some of the AppleTV+ shows.

That's the way it worked for us; after all the perks that have gone "bye bye", the final straw was the paid Fast Pass. We cancelled our Disney+ and even dramatically cut back buying Disney branded merchandise. Sure it doesn't impact the bottom line for Disney, but makes us feel better. Still follow this forum, but will not be making anymore trips to see the Mouse for the next few years. And more importantly, I don't miss it (this from someone that made 3-4 trips per year to WDW from the West Coast. Guess Disney got what they wanted, cutting back on visitors.

I am interested as to why the DIS stock is always focused on Disney+?
Disney owns so many companies that Disney+ is only a portion of the overall big picture of the company.

That's the way it worked for us; after all the perks that have gone "bye bye", the final straw was the paid Fast Pass. We cancelled our Disney+ and even dramatically cut back buying Disney branded merchandise. Sure it doesn't impact the bottom line for Disney, but makes us feel better. Still follow this forum, but will not be making anymore trips to see the Mouse for the next few years. And more importantly, I don't miss it (this from someone that made 3-4 trips per year to WDW from the West Coast. Guess Disney got what they wanted, cutting back on visitors.
its interesting to see someone else say this, because its how i feel.

I've been a disney guy for years, we have disney things all over our house. I'm so disgusted by the direction they've chosen to go, that i've taken a few things down (what my wife will let me do). Its really interesting how my feelings for the disney brand has shifted so quickly.

We lived in Tampa when WDW opened in 71. Bought annual passes when they became available. Moved to AZ with my job, but still made multiple trips every year back to Orlando. Took our kids, grandkids, and now great grandchildren. My wife doesn't like it either although she doesn't have the really bad disdain that I seem to have. Actually, she and my daughter are going out there for a week at the end of January. But, they aren't staying on site; not eating their main meals on property, etc. I understand where you are coming from on taking down the Disney things. We have them all over the house. Wife wants to keep them up; which is fine with me. Just reminds me of how betrayed I feel about Disney now. I know it's a business, but after years of them fostering a loyalty, just seems like misplaced loyalty on my part now.

Interesting that so many don't think about the other parts of the Disney corporation. In addition to the parks and merchandise, they are also in Motion Pictures and TV networks.

Just reminds me of how betrayed I feel about Disney now. I know it's a business, but after years of them fostering a loyalty, just seems like misplaced loyalty on my part now.
You are right and you are not alone in how you feel. I felt that same way about Disney and some other activities I was involved with. I felt that way about my college alma mater, eventually I broke off that relationship too (and my donation). Disney is no different. This is what I think could hurt Disney in the long run, if parents become disillusioned and stop partaking in the "brain washing" there will be fewer kids exposed and in the long run fewer fans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter