Bag check question

cwis

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone,

We are going to focus our next trip mostly on WDW, with a side trip to the International Premium Outlets, followed by lunch at CityWalk. Since we don't have a car, we are going to hop by Uber, and carry all of our shopping with us.

We've never been to Universal before, so I just wanted to make sure that would be doable: is it possible to enter the Universal bag check with all of our shopping and dine at CityWalk?

Thanks!

Everything goes into the scanner, so if you want to carry all that you bought, I would think no issues going through security, Hopefully not a huge amount that you will need to take into the restaurant as well. Maybe have the driver drop you off at one of the hotels, and eat in there instead?

Everything goes into the scanner, so if you want to carry all that you bought, I would think no issues going through security, Hopefully not a huge amount that you will need to take into the restaurant as well. Maybe have the driver drop you off at one of the hotels, and eat in there instead?

Thanks! I'm definitely looking forward to be eating at Booba Gump: we come from France and we have nothing like that here, so I somehow *need* to go to City Walk. 😎

Just make sure you don’t buy anything on the prohibited items list!

You can always get dropped off a royal pacific and check your bags with bag check and walk to citywalk. That should work, I don't think they ask you your room number.

Here is the OP, just wanted to follow up.

We've made some wonderful shopping at the outlets, and the CityWalk experience was à breathe. Transfer via Lyft was very efficient, dropped us right at the bag check, use of X-Ray machines was quick and painless, and we didn't have any wait at Bubba Gump even though we had no reservations (had the Landry's Card but wasn't even needed).

Seriously, Disney needs to learn from this.

cwis, sounds like it you sailed through everything.....

stress free time at UO/Orlando

I haven't been since the 90's but taking my family in November....you now have to go through an xray macine to get into Universal?

Oops sorry folks, the Dis ate the notifications about this thread, just found out about your posts!

Yes, at Universal they scan the bag for you in a X-Ray machine, and while this is done, you pass through a metal detector, airport-style. There are like a dozen of security lines side by side, this is so much quicker than Disney!

You can always get dropped off a royal pacific and check your bags with bag check and walk to citywalk. That should work, I don't think they ask you your room number.

I think this is logistically possible, but I'd question whether its allowable by policy. I believe this is a service for guests of the resort. I'd just worry what recourse there would be if they happen to misplace something, or something like that.

Just read that the kiss and ride location of Universal is moving to the top of the parking garage. Seems less convenient to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter