Bag check question

cwis

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone,

We are going to focus our next trip mostly on WDW, with a side trip to the International Premium Outlets, followed by lunch at CityWalk. Since we don't have a car, we are going to hop by Uber, and carry all of our shopping with us.

We've never been to Universal before, so I just wanted to make sure that would be doable: is it possible to enter the Universal bag check with all of our shopping and dine at CityWalk?

Thanks!

Lynne G

DIS Veteran
Everything goes into the scanner, so if you want to carry all that you bought, I would think no issues going through security, Hopefully not a huge amount that you will need to take into the restaurant as well. Maybe have the driver drop you off at one of the hotels, and eat in there instead?

cwis

DIS Veteran
Everything goes into the scanner, so if you want to carry all that you bought, I would think no issues going through security, Hopefully not a huge amount that you will need to take into the restaurant as well. Maybe have the driver drop you off at one of the hotels, and eat in there instead?
Thanks! I'm definitely looking forward to be eating at Booba Gump: we come from France and we have nothing like that here, so I somehow *need* to go to City Walk. 😎

• iona

Mouseketeer
    Just make sure you don’t buy anything on the prohibited items list!

humphreydog

Director of Media Control.Terminated on 10/8/17
    You can always get dropped off a royal pacific and check your bags with bag check and walk to citywalk. That should work, I don't think they ask you your room number.

• cwis

DIS Veteran
    Here is the OP, just wanted to follow up.

We've made some wonderful shopping at the outlets, and the CityWalk experience was à breathe. Transfer via Lyft was very efficient, dropped us right at the bag check, use of X-Ray machines was quick and painless, and we didn't have any wait at Bubba Gump even though we had no reservations (had the Landry's Card but wasn't even needed).

Seriously, Disney needs to learn from this.

Matthew81

Earning My Ears
    I haven't been since the 90's but taking my family in November....you now have to go through an xray macine to get into Universal?

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News

UNIVERSAL PODCASTS

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO VIDEOS

UNIVERSAL ATTRACTIONS