Backstage Magic - June 2010

Aren't they the BEST??!!!! They were our Guides in October as well. They both play off each other so well. Were so nice and just did anything for anyone. Very special, those two!!! Glad you had a magical experience. Even with the rain! :-)

P.S. Were you able to see fireworks after the final dinner?

Unfortunately they were cancelled. Some of our group opted for the bar instead, which is the next best thing. We were able to see the fireworks earlier in the week after Fantasmic. We liked it so much we are thinking about doing it again next October. Though I really would like to have the same guides if we did.

We liked it so much we are thinking about doing it again next October.
That's saying a lot about what to expect...I'd think there isn't a much higher recommendation than anyone who spends that kind of money and is willing to fork it over a 2nd time for the same Adventure.

Can't wait to experience it in June!

That's saying a lot about what to expect...I'd think there isn't a much higher recommendation than anyone who spends that kind of money and is willing to fork it over a 2nd time for the same Adventure.

I feel the same way and will prolly do this trip again in 2011 maybe around Christmas Time.

I don't want to hype it too much, but you'll have a great time:woohoo: The thing that impressed me the most was how great all the cast members we encountered were. Even the ones working early for our breakfasts were great.

Unfortunately they were cancelled. Some of our group opted for the bar instead, which is the next best thing. We were able to see the fireworks earlier in the week after Fantasmic. We liked it so much we are thinking about doing it again next October. Though I really would like to have the same guides if we did.

My tour in October was my second Backstage Magic tour. It really was that good. I tried to go in not expecting the same experience. There were a couple of things that did not happen from the first time. Both my Guides told me each tour, each year, will be different. For my first tour, the current Disneyland Ambassador (Quinn) and Diana were our Guides. I even emailed Diana to see if she was working my tour. (Like you, wanting the same Guides.) I have to say it was such a pleasant experience because of Michael and Jaime. I feel like they became our brothers for the week! Fun times! A few of us are already talking about going again ourselves!

My tour in October was my second Backstage Magic tour. It really was that good. I tried to go in not expecting the same experience. There were a couple of things that did not happen from the first time. Both my Guides told me each tour, each year, will be different. For my first tour, the current Disneyland Ambassador (Quinn) and Diana were our Guides. I even emailed Diana to see if she was working my tour. (Like you, wanting the same Guides.) I have to say it was such a pleasant experience because of Michael and Jaime. I feel like they became our brothers for the week! Fun times! A few of us are already talking about going again ourselves!

Wow, that really says something that you want to take a third trip. What did she say when you e-mailed her? I asked Jaime and he said they only know about 2 months out what they will be doing. Unfortunately, I am sure it would be sold out by that point. Did you do the adults only tour? Not having kids myself I thought it was a nice option.

I am sure other guides would be great too, but I am a creature of habit. They were so much fun that I would just prefer them again. I wonder how many different guides they have that do the Backstage Magic tours (trying to figure out my odds:rotfl:)

Wow, that really says something that you want to take a third trip. What did she say when you e-mailed her? I asked Jaime and he said they only know about 2 months out what they will be doing. Unfortunately, I am sure it would be sold out by that point. Did you do the adults only tour? Not having kids myself I thought it was a nice option.

I am sure other guides would be great too, but I am a creature of habit. They were so much fun that I would just prefer them again. I wonder how many different guides they have that do the Backstage Magic tours (trying to figure out my odds:rotfl:)

When I emailed her, she said she was done for the year. At the time, I was bummed because we LOVED LOVED her and Quinn. We knew Quinn can't be there because he is now the Ambassador. But, I was good with it. A couple of friends from my first tour, just happened to be on a tour the week before mine (more people taking it a second time and they are talking a third). They both raved about Michael and Jaime, so I knew we were in great hands and were in for major fun. The first time, I was with my husband and we had wonderful kids on the tour with us. This last time as adults only as I went with girlfriends. Honestly, I didn't see a difference. The kids did the same as we did, pretty much. We really enjoyed the kids on our trip. I too am a creature of habit. But, all of the Guides train together and everyone in the past year who have been on the tour just rave about their Guides. You won't be disappointed with your Guide. Just don't be disappointed if a certain event you got to do this time is not available for next. I hope you go! I will send you a personal message next.

Reading all of these great reviews is just making me more anxious for June! I love reading all the great experiences you all have had - and hearing you have gone back for seconds!

When do we find out our Guides? I assumed the day we arrive, but wasn't sure if we learned anything prior? All the guides sound terrific, so it really doesn't seem to matter!

This is my first adventure - I hope this experience inspires us to go on more in the future!

Reading all of these great reviews is just making me more anxious for June! I love reading all the great experiences you all have had - and hearing you have gone back for seconds!

When do we find out our Guides? I assumed the day we arrive, but wasn't sure if we learned anything prior? All the guides sound terrific, so it really doesn't seem to matter!

This is my first adventure - I hope this experience inspires us to go on more in the future!

We found out the day we arrived. They were waiting in the lobby of the hotel. You will have to make sure and come back to tell us what you thought of the experience!

When I emailed her, she said she was done for the year. At the time, I was bummed because we LOVED LOVED her and Quinn. We knew Quinn can't be there because he is now the Ambassador. But, I was good with it. A couple of friends from my first tour, just happened to be on a tour the week before mine (more people taking it a second time and they are talking a third). They both raved about Michael and Jaime, so I knew we were in great hands and were in for major fun. The first time, I was with my husband and we had wonderful kids on the tour with us. This last time as adults only as I went with girlfriends. Honestly, I didn't see a difference. The kids did the same as we did, pretty much. We really enjoyed the kids on our trip. I too am a creature of habit. But, all of the Guides train together and everyone in the past year who have been on the tour just rave about their Guides. You won't be disappointed with your Guide. Just don't be disappointed if a certain event you got to do this time is not available for next. I hope you go! I will send you a personal message next.

My husband and I have been thinking about doing our 2nd ABD vacation and noticed you did this one twice. We did this one over a year ago in Aug of 2008 and we've been toying with the idea of doing this one again instead of a new vacation. It sounded like you had a great time. What has changed since 2008.

My husband and I have been thinking about doing our 2nd ABD vacation and noticed you did this one twice. We did this one over a year ago in Aug of 2008 and we've been toying with the idea of doing this one again instead of a new vacation. It sounded like you had a great time. What has changed since 2008.

I will send you a private message next. :)

I will send you a private message next. :)

Thanks for the message and the info. Were leaning more towards this as our second abd trip. I was wondering when/if you were taking that vacation for the 3rd time or if there are any other people out there thinking about taking the Backstage vacation a 2nd time?

Thanks for the message and the info. Were leaning more towards this as our second abd trip. I was wondering when/if you were taking that vacation for the 3rd time or if there are any other people out there thinking about taking the Backstage vacation a 2nd time?

We met a new friend from Australia on the October trip. (She is also on these boards.) Want to go with her and we are talking about 2011 sometime. We want to wait for the next schedule to be released in August before deciding. Might not be until Fall of 2011.

How exciting that you will go a 2nd time. :)

We booked our second Backstage Magic for Halloween week:banana:

We were reading this post in depth as we prepare to book and I noticed you and Shellabell had Jamie and Diana as well. They were our tour guides over a year ago! Jamie was great with our kids, made us all feel like family. He had so many stories to tell about Disneyland history and Diana was just so sweet. They both made our vacation unbelieveable. It's good to see theyre still there. Maybe we'll be lucky and get them.

We met a new friend from Australia on the October trip. (She is also on these boards.) Want to go with her and we are talking about 2011 sometime. We want to wait for the next schedule to be released in August before deciding. Might not be until Fall of 2011.

How exciting that you will go a 2nd time. :)

Making me wish it was next year already!!

Everyone going will not be disappointed with this trip. I think when it finishes you'll all be trying to figure out when you can get back.

We received our trip package today with our backpacks for the June 20th trip! Can someone who has been on this trip provide an idea of the best way the spend the free afternoon / evening in Los Angeles? Thanks

We received our trip package today with our backpacks for the June 20th trip.
Nothing for us yet, but am so excited to know it'll be here soon. Can't wait to meet everyone and experience all that Backstage Magic has to offer. After reading the AL Lutz article about WOC at DCA http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al050410a.htm, I'll be interested to see if we're one of those "inflated egos" groups he's talking about and whether they'll have preferred seating for us.

Just received our trip package today! The backpacks are a lot nicer than I anticipated. I am hoping we get preferred seating for WOC - whether Al Lutz thinks we have inflated egos or not! ;)

Looking forward to meeting everyone in 46 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter