Back to working out - sweating more when doing normal stuff?

hops&dreams

DIS Veteran
I started running again about a month ago. (It sounds so awesome to "say" that out loud!). Anyway, I've noticed that during normal, everyday activities, I get hot and sweaty, where I didn't before.

I noticed it mostly when I'm cleaning the house. For example, it happened last night when I was vacuuming and picking up around the house - nothing too strenuous. I don't remember sweating like that when I cleaned the house before I started back to running. I wasn't winded, just sweaty and hot, like I had worked out lightly.

Of course, I get sweaty during my c25k runs, and no more than expected, but it's the everyday stuff that has me concerned. Maybe because my body is becoming more efficient??? (I have no idea here!)

Is this normal? :confused3

I don't know if it's normal or not, but I have been experiencing the same thing. It's frustrating because I feel like I should be sweating less during normal activity as I get more fit. :confused3

-Astrid

Would be interesting to find out. Is it because maybe before you were dehyrdrated? Is your body more used to exercise, so it 'plans ahead' when it feels like you are getting ready to exercise when really it's just housework. Are you more energetic now in the chores so maybe you are working a bit more energetically even though you dont think so? wonder if anyone knows the real answer? :confused3

Back in 2005 when Lance was riding the Tour for the Discovery Channel team they did a lot of specials on the body and how it reacts to exercise and training. I remember in one of the episodes it talked about how trained athletes will start to sweat sooner because the body becomes more efficient at cooling itself. Evolutionarily speaking our bodies always strive for efficiency.

I noticed it in myself too back when I first started distance running.

What Firedancer said! I was told that the better shape you are in the more you sweat since your body is more adept at maintaining its proper temperature. If you are really concerned, call your doc.

Back in 2005 when Lance was riding the Tour for the Discovery Channel team they did a lot of specials on the body and how it reacts to exercise and training. I remember in one of the episodes it talked about how trained athletes will start to sweat sooner because the body becomes more efficient at cooling itself. Evolutionarily speaking our bodies always strive for efficiency.

I noticed it in myself too back when I first started distance running.

I've read that too and I notice it myself. When I'm working out regularly, I sweat much more and much more quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter