Back from SSR and the Grandstand!

magicmommy

DIS Veteran
We returned Saturday 4/21 from a week at SSR. We had reserved 2 2BR units for a family vacation and had requested close together and the Grandstand. Tall order but SSR not only came thru but with flying colors. We were in the newest Grandstand building and the rest of my family was directly across the hall, for those of you that know the building layout we had rooms 8710 and 8711. Best of all both rooms were ready at 8:30AM!! This is the building closest to the Carriage House and directly exiting the building is the new pool. We have now stayed in all sections except the Carousel. I think Grandstand is my new favorite. We did some poking around and of all four buildings there will only be one that has a bad view and that was ours at the other end of the building and about 6 rooms overlook the parking lot. Other than that all of the other rooms have a "nice view". The grandstand is a great addition to SSR but I think it was a mistake to have The Carousel be without a pool since it is so far removed from everything. We had a chance to speak to Sarah the front desk Manager and shared our views and she said many folks have expressed negative feelings about that section...too bad they couldn't lower the points for that section then I bet it would fillup. Cast Members and staff were wonderful as usual but the best part of the whole trip was having my Parents say they finally get why we keep going back.

I am looking forward to staying here sometime in the near future. Thanks for the report! We have stayed in the Paddock Section twice, which I absolutely love, but I really think I'd like a room in the Grandstand section looking out over the golf course and the treehouses in the background. (I stayed in the treehouses several times as a child and have great memories).

How did you like the new pool area?

Thanks!

The pool area was nice. The bar was not open but I suspect as the 3rd and 4th buildings open so will the poolbar and beverage refill station. The waterhorses were a big hit with the little ones.

Do you happen to remember around what the room numbers were that you said had a bad view in the grandstand???

I was wondering what rooms I should try and get upon check in..Thanks,
That is the section we requested this time around...

We'll be at SSR for Thanksgiving -- I wonder if we'll get rooms in the Grandstand?? Hope so!popcorn::

Of DVC reducing the point cost at the Carousel section after the original point values were already released? Has this ever happened before.:confused3

Of DVC reducing the point cost at the Carousel section after the original point values were already released? Has this ever happened before.:confused3

I don't know what the chances of them reducing the point cost at the Carousel would be, but if they did, they would be required to compensate by raising the point values in other sections.

Great report on the Grandstand section. The DW, DD & I just returned from a stay in The Paddocks. We rode over and checked out the Grandstand section and mentioned that the next time we return Home we'll ask to stay there. A view of the golf course in the morning sipping coffee would be awesome! :)

Thanks for your report and I'm happy to hear you had a great stay. Wow at 8:30 am your room was ready! If only we all were that lucky right.

We requested CP for our July trip but for our Nov. trip I requested the Grandstand. It just sounds so nice. Can't wait to get there already.

Yes to BWV.

the front desk got mixed up and decided what DVC mean by the best rooms - were the ones with a day bed. put several members in the standard view. they complainted long and loud. So standard view.

Thanks for the report on the Grandstand section. We'll be at SSR in 6 days and I requested that section, with Springs #2 (I know, it's only a "request" :rolleyes1 ).
I'm hoping that there'll be some extra pixiedust: around and my wish will be granted.:goodvibes The Grandstand seems to be making a very good impression on those who stay there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter