Back from Alaska 7/13-20 sailing, any questions?

I was on that sailing also! I think we lucked out with pretty amazing weather most of the trip. The coldest days were Tracy Arm day and Juneau. I wore lots of layers those days.

Capilano Suspension Bridge...can anyone tell me more? Never heard of it. We will be in Vancouver for 2 days prior to boarding the Wonder. Also, we will have the day when we disembark.

Capilano Suspension Bridge...can anyone tell me more? Never heard of it. We will be in Vancouver for 2 days prior to boarding the Wonder. Also, we will have the day when we disembark.
Capilano bridge is perhaps the top attraction in Vancouver with Grouse Mountain being second. In addition the main bridge, there are several smaller bridges to challenge your fears.

Think about coming back in December when you can cross in the dark. The bridge is bottomless!

Which night was the Taste of Alaska? Any recommendations on which night or day to book Palo?

Thanks!
Laurie

Thanks for offering to answer questions - we leave on Monday and I am super excited. I am trying to pack light but am from Florida and don't really have a clue about packing light when I am going anywhere remotely cold :)

what were the temperatures like outside - I mean on at sea days

Do you know if there were port upgrades available?

Sorry to go a little off topic how far is the capilano bridge from the port? and where can you leave your luggage? and how long We fly out of seattle that night, so we need to board an Amtrak bus around 3 or 4 to get to the airport on time for the red eye out of Seattle.

THANKS!

We did Capilano and it was so much fun. Couple of recommendations. We got our tickets from the Vancouver Tourism desk inside the front part of Canada Place (??) the building right in front of where the bus is and they were discounted from what you would pay at Capiliano and you get to skip to line as if you were a season ticket holder.

After you get in pay attention to the crowds, we made the mistake of doing the bridge first and we waited in line while the other part where you walk out over and around on the solid footing had no line and then later when we went to do the other part there was a line for it and no line for the bridge part. Might be worth it to do them in opposite order.

After you get in pay attention to the crowds, we made the mistake of doing the bridge first and we waited in line while the other part where you walk out over and around on the solid footing had no line and then later when we went to do the other part there was a line for it and no line for the bridge part. Might be worth it to do them in opposite order.
To clarify... there are 3 attraction at the site to challenge your fear of heights....
  • main suspension bridge (heaviest queues/waits)
  • Cliffwalk (also can have long waits)
  • Treetop adventures
http://www.capbridge.com/explore/park-overview/

these tips are great! we're looking to book this cruise in 2016, so I appreciate all the insights!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter