BACK AGAIN?? 10 NIGHTS SAPPHIRE FALLS.....MAY 18 TRIP REPORT

A rainy day in Orlando is far better than a sunny day at work! We just returned from 10 days at the beach, where we met up with Tropical Storm Alberto. The three days of rain didn't bother us -- we slept late, relaxed, wandered around, took in a movie. It was lovely! Glad you made the best of your rainy day!

Oh that sounds idyllic!!!

I `m a firm believer in make the best of what you`re given...….so I`m with you, you can work around these things and still have a wonderful time...…

If I`m with my husband and son, I`m happy...…..:hug:

But, glad to hear you had such a good break away...….

Loving your vacation style!
We have a Bed Bath and Beyond here and I refuse to go unless I have a specific purpose-I adore so many things in that store that I know it's dangerous!

And you love of spicy- reminds me we won a bottle of hot wing sauce last night- it's way way too hot for us mere mortals...probably right up your alley lol. It's also more vinegar based though.

Cowfish always sounds so good!

The resort pictures are pretty. Good looking resort!

Loving your vacation style!
We have a Bed Bath and Beyond here and I refuse to go unless I have a specific purpose-I adore so many things in that store that I know it's dangerous!

And you love of spicy- reminds me we won a bottle of hot wing sauce last night- it's way way too hot for us mere mortals...probably right up your alley lol. It's also more vinegar based though.

Cowfish always sounds so good!

The resort pictures are pretty. Good looking resort!

Thanks MonyK :-)…….I know the way we vacation wouldn't suit everyone, but it makes us happy...…..

Oh if I had a store like that one back home...…..I`d have a house full of stuff I convinced myself I needed......lol...…

Now I like the sound of that sauce!!! Vinegar based is still good......hope you like it though if you do try it.....or maybe keep it for guests...…:D

Cowfish is so good, and yes, we really loved Sapphire Falls...….even when it first opened it appealed to us a lot. Very nice place......

Oh that sounds idyllic!!!

I `m a firm believer in make the best of what you`re given...….so I`m with you, you can work around these things and still have a wonderful time...…

If I`m with my husband and son, I`m happy...…..:hug:

But, glad to hear you had such a good break away...….

Our daughter, son-in-law, and their little maltipoo were able to join us for four days of our trip, so that made it even better! <3

I have never been to Gaylord- but it looks like a massive compound. Its great to see that a not so great meal is just a blip on your radar!

May 14th was my birthday- I was at work, obviously you had the better location!

Bed Bath and Beyond is so dangerous, and they make it worse by sending coupons! I cannot NOT use a coupon! I dont need anything but if I've got a coupon there has go to be something I can buy, for no other reason than just to use the coupon.

Our daughter, son-in-law, and their little maltipoo were able to join us for four days of our trip, so that made it even better! <3

Oh that does sound like a lot of fun!!! So nice to be able to spend time with family...…..

I had to google what a maltipoo is...…..:) Oh my goodness...….how cute are those little puppies!!!

Wonderful trip report as usual. SF looks so pretty, and those burgers at Cowfish look tasty. Looking forward to reading more! :-)

:welcome: along to this little ramble too...….nice to see you...…..

Thank you...….hope you like it!!!

Yep Sapphire is very pretty, we liked it more than we thought we would when we first visited it when it opened, and so glad we got to stay there...….oh Cowfish is excellent for burgers...….I thought they were better than Teak, except the donut one maybe...….lol...….but so tasty!!!

I have never been to Gaylord- but it looks like a massive compound. Its great to see that a not so great meal is just a blip on your radar!

May 14th was my birthday- I was at work, obviously you had the better location!

Bed Bath and Beyond is so dangerous, and they make it worse by sending coupons! I cannot NOT use a coupon! I dont need anything but if I've got a coupon there has go to be something I can buy, for no other reason than just to use the coupon.

Happy Belated Birthday...…..:hug:

Yep, a bad meal is soon forgotten with us......so many other fabulous meals to enjoy...…..it is a huge hotel and complex, but didn't feel like somewhere I ever want to stay at...….

lol.....I can imagine having incentives to go shop there more would make me go too!!!! And yes, there is always something you can buy in there......wish we had one over here!!!

TUESDAY 15TH MAY.........

This day may take several posts.......lol.......very picture centric as we had sunshine!!!!!!

So, we had another fabulous sleep, this bed was amazing...….although Tom was awake very early and couldn't fall back over, he said I was out for the count till he moved to go to the bathroom finally.....But, we never like to sleep late on vacation anyway..…...I got out of bed and pulled the drapes back with alacrity and yep......the sun was indeed shining........it had been forecast to be nice today so we absolutely wanted to make the most of it and get some park time in.

i-LJCnDC7-XL.jpg

Although this trip wasn't to focus on the parks, we couldn't not go could we!!! So, we got showered and looked out park clothes and decided we were hungry enough for the buffet this morning.......and early enough!!! I can`t remember the time but we certainly were up with the larks. We almost forgot to put sunscreen on.

We had started using Hawaiian Tropic last September, we had used No Ad for years, and though we had never been sunburned once, it did stain your clothes. So lots of whites and lights were flung in the trash after every trip, we decided to try a new one. So far we were pleased with this one, and hadn't stained our clothes in December of March trips.

The lobby area is so nice, and I had to stop by concierge to leave a message for another member of staff who had left a message on our phone while we were out yesterday. She said she would make sure she passed on the message I gave her. The staff member wasn't in till later in the week.

I love this lobby for the light and the feeling of space you have in it. It is quite unique and very inoffensive…...I can`t imagine anyone disliking this place a lot. I can see folks not wanting to stay as it doesn't have EP of course. But, for us we were loving it.

i-395T8BC-XL.jpg

i-B3wQWjX-XL.jpg

The elaborate staircase is indeed unique too, very beautiful and ornate without being too fancy......I would love a staircase like that in my home!!!!

i-w2J5qgm-XL.jpg

i-VhxrzjJ-XL.jpg

i-HtXCDPt-XL.jpg

They do on occasion hold little group events at the bottom of the staircase, and it must feel very intimate I would imagine but, very nice.

i-g9vBkx5-XL.jpg

We go into Amatista and are seated immediately, it`s not at all busy, but still fairly early. We have Erin looking after us today and we tell her we are opting for the buffet...….she tells us to go up and help ourselves while she gets the coffee...….the coffee is nice here but not as nice as the coffee in the Dutch Trading place upstairs. But, very drinkable.

The buffet is lovely. It`s laid out nicely and things that are supposed to be warm, are warm. Tom took pictures of everything, as my cousin asked him to as her and her family are staying here in August. So these pictures are for her too...……

Smoked salmon is a real favourite food of mine......I adore it, so I was happy to see it on offer here too. It had been a while since we enjoyed the buffet breakfast at RP, but had always enjoyed it a lot. And this looked just as good. Everything was fresh and tasty and importantly immaculately clean and tidy.

i-Xg455C3-XL.jpg

i-Cgr8vnh-XL.jpg

i-7b39GJx-XL.jpg

They also had a selction of meats and cheeses and various flavours of cream cheese which I also adore...….the strawberry one was particularly nice.....but I omitted it from my choices this morning...….

i-6MWLdP8-XL.jpg

i-P5MQT3Z-XL.jpg

i-QnDwKqP-XL.jpg

i-2L2ZZQZ-XL.jpg

i-XhZDXwk-XL.jpg

i-xP92HfM-XL.jpg

i-zBHbX4B-XL.jpg

i-gwgV4rT-XL.jpg

i-JN6z6xs-XL.jpg

i-KnX56F8-XL.jpg

i-mTwqWcs-XL.jpg

The egg station looked amazing...…..Tom was tempted to have an omelette, but they looked huge.....and there were so many other things on offer he wanted.....he said he may have it another day.

I chose some smoked salmon, sausages and pancakes with a few potatoes......and maple syrup of course. Tom went for almost the same but with bacon and no salmon...….and it was all lovely. I love those little sausages you get over here......they are a little peppery which we like...….

I went back up for a little more salmon, but not too much as we did have to go to the parks and not go lay down...….it was nice.

i-b5CT6f7-XL.jpg

It is a lovely restaurant and we enjoy both dinner and now breakfast in it. Staff are lovely and nothing is too much trouble...…..I can imagine it might be a little more hectic and noisy if it`s busy, but this morning it is so peaceful.

We do pay the check and head off towards the boat to finally hit the parks today.

The boats are a very pleasant way and very quick way to get to Citywalk, and then the parks are only a few moments walk away from there...….you simply turn left for Studios and go right for IOA as you exit the boat. The boat captains are all very nice and some are hilarious....and many have worked there for a long time, you do get to know them after so long.

For the last couple of years you have gone through a security check before you get on the boats, this includes getting your bag scanned and going through a metal detector. It takes a few seconds and the security officers are friendly and efficient.....doesn't take long.

i-GxXmTtx-XL.jpg

I don't think I ever tire of seeing this beautiful hotel...……..

i-L75QDPN-XL.jpg

And of course it is nice to see our other and first home from home RPR...…….it was strange not staying there for the first time in almost 10 years......but change is good or so I`m told....

i-GMXwkbS-XL.jpg

Coming up...…...Studios

To another trip report from Carole n Tom.............

I do say from Tom too as he is a self assigned "photographer" for these trip reports....and he does a good job too and all without complaining........although maybe slightly on occasion as he starts to eat and I pounce on him and realise we haven't taken a picture yet...........oh dear!! He really is the most wonderful guy and I`m so lucky with him........pictures are important as they do recount and preserve our memories form all our trips over the years. It`s so much easier now they are digital.......I have thousands of regular pictures all in boxes and in order from our life together and so many memories.......we did go through them all a few years ago and got rid of all the unnecessary ones.....and it did thin the piles down massively.......

I do have to say this year we didn't take as many pictures as we usually do.......we still took a lot.....but it`s nice not to see everything through a lens..........although as I said it`s mainly Tom who takes the pictures.......bless him....he has the patience of a saint and indulges to all my whims and desires I have regarding our trips.........thankfully it`s always things we both want to do.

You may have guessed by now we are slightly addicted to RPR, Universal Theme Parks, Orlando and Florida itself...........I wouldn't say its a bad addiction of course, but an addiction all the same.........::yes:: Thankfully it`s one we share.........I couldn't imagine our trips if we didn't both love the place so much.........

The thread title is self explanatory.......I really don't come up with fancy or clever trip report names........plain and simple suits us........but this line was said so often to us during our stay from staff members......there are a few who don't know us well, but do know our faces.............yep, Back Again........

Anyone who has read the trips before will know who we are.........but as said we are Carole and Tom......been very happily married for almost 26 years. We had our wonderful trip last year celebrating our Silver wedding Anniversary, my 50th Birthday and Tom celebrating a very early retirement which is the reason we can now travel so frequently..........and what a trip we had..........

Then in December we had a very short, but fabulous week in December with the light of our life......our adult son Kyle........he is simply the most fabulous son you could wish for :hug:.......he is enjoying his career immensely in finance and we love the fact he still wants to take the occasional trip to Orlando with us........again, we had another wonderful visit to RP with him. We have already booked another December trip this year with 10 nights at RP and Kyle has taken the vacation time off again, we decided to stay a little longer as 7 nights just wasn't enough last year.........that was all booked and sorted before we even left last year with him. We are very organized..........:laughing:

This year we have 5 visits to Orlando booked with a 5 night stay in July in NYC before an extra 7 nights at Sapphire Falls........some say we are crazy especially as we fly from the UK.......it is a long flight, usually around 9 hours and with the time you have to be at the airport before hand and waiting around it does make a long day......but so worth it. We soon get over any tiredness we may feel from the flights........as I said, it`s so worth it..........

As we usually stay slightly longer, especially our September trips which are 19 nights, we don't always focus on the parks all day every day. We are very lucky to have the gift of time and do enjoy getting around to places we may not have seen. We do still love the Universal Orlando Theme Parks though and always spend some time even on short trips.........

So this trip is the 2nd of five trips this year.........we have already enjoyed 10 nights in March which we very much enjoyed the Mardi Gras experiences........a new one for us........we have already booked 14 nights for next March too and planning again to stay at Sapphire........we guessed we would love it before we stayed here.

We do know the hotel well as we have enjoyed many visits over to StrongWater Bar while staying at RP........it`s a fun bar!!!! But we did like the hotel. We were very fortunate to be given a private tour of the whole hotel just after it opened and were immediately struck by how pretty and warm it felt......it has a huge lobby but still manages to feel nice without being cavernous.

So, introductions and a small back story of us I`ll end this first post before I ramble on too long......I have been known to bang on a lot..........

If you are reading along, Thank you........I do hope you enjoy it........we didn't do a whole lot this trip but still managed to be busy most of the time, at the same time we felt so relaxed and enjoyed our time at Sapphire Falls so much...........

More to come.............:wave2:

i-wZ9zLwm-XL.jpg

I’m late to the party but I have been looking forward to your May trip! I didn’t realize you were going in July. Maybe our trips will overlap. I got all excited about the prospect of seeing you and Tom in the concierge lounge but you aren’t at RPR in July.

Looks like a nice day despite the rain. We loved our burgers at Cowfish and would say farthest from Burger King then any burger I have had! Burger King is gross! Cowfish was made to order and delicious. I would love to head back to US for HHN. We stayed 2 nights at RP in 2016 and loved it! The Halloween house with Michael Meyers was my favorite!

My sister loved as well, hoping I can get her to do a trip with me since Andi will be in school.

Oops I commented before I realized there was another post, lol! The buffet looks delicious, we are early risers on vacation too!

I’m late to the party but I have been looking forward to your May trip! I didn’t realize you were going in July. Maybe our trips will overlap. I got all excited about the prospect of seeing you and Tom in the concierge lounge but you aren’t at RPR in July.

She also has September and December trip dates locked in after her July trip.....
Schumi is our international traveler........

:welcome: jenrose………:wave2:

Late or not you`re very welcome...…….yep, May trip all over and July was a little extra addition...…..::yes::

Yep, staying at Sapphire Falls in July again, we really did love it...…..oh I would love to run into you in July!!! We still do pop over to RPR Club Lounge....so hopefully you`ll be there at some point when we visit...…..:thumbsup2

Looks like a nice day despite the rain. We loved our burgers at Cowfish and would say farthest from Burger King then any burger I have had! Burger King is gross! Cowfish was made to order and delicious. I would love to head back to US for HHN. We stayed 2 nights at RP in 2016 and loved it! The Halloween house with Michael Meyers was my favorite!

My sister loved as well, hoping I can get her to do a trip with me since Andi will be in school.

Oops I commented before I realized there was another post, lol! The buffet looks delicious, we are early risers on vacation too!

lol....I do that all the time...….

Yes the buffet was delicious, all very fresh as you`d expect...…..

Yep, Cowfish is so good.....I struggle how anyone can find fault with the burgers......fair enough if you don't like sushi, but there`s something for most folks there...….

I hope you make it for HHN.....yes the Halloween houses have been among some of my favourites over the years......especially the first one, it was fabulous!!! I hope you do make it again, it`s so much fun!!!

Just got back from NYC and sitting down to catch up! :) <3

:welcome:

YAY!!!!! You`re back for the City...……..I knew you were going end of May beginning of June sometime, but couldn't remember exactly when......hope you had a fabulous trip......and glad to have you reading along for this one too...….I really hope you enjoy it...…..:wave2:

I am just so happy to follow along and read about your trip! I absolutely adore your style of writing, your joyful outlook, and your positivity! Can't wait to read more!

And a very warm :welcome: back to you too AprilDreamsOfDisney…………

Thank you so much for the lovely compliments!!!! I like being positive...….lol.....but hope you enjoy this one too...…..nice to see you post again...….:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter