Baby's first trip to the world...my first TR w/lots of pics!!

D424.jpg

That little kid's face in the front corner is hysterical!

I haven't finished the report yet- but I had to say what a beautiful family! I have 3 boys as well- though they're much closer in age! (4,6 and 6)
I have to ask if you recall which designer did the Mickey head shirts for you? I couldn't find them after an extensive search!
Loved the Seaworld photos- great photography!
:thumbsup2

Lovely report! Pictures are always a plus. I always feel that in the future when I have my own family, I'm going to end up with a family of boys (because I want a baby girl). Looking at your pictures and how wonderful your sons look makes me see that that wouldn't be bad at all! They're all such good sports to wear the same shirts and take all those pictures! I always imagined sons (based on my own brothers~) would refuse to do those things.

Cole in those sunglasses ... adorable! But I must say, I do really have a soft spot for Blake ... fellow middle child and all :)

Can't wait for more!

Great pix....

Too bad that Blake was too short for Hurl, but you're right. That ride does fling you around quite a bit.

Those character pix are too awesome.

The pix in front of the Tree of Life are great.

Can never have enough ketchup.

found your report and am all caught up now and I find it really enjoyable.

Great pics.

Sea World looked like alot of fun.

Looking forward to more.

:welcome: Glad you are here! Sea World is a beautiful place!

Great TR! Your kids are adorable and I love all your pics. Can't wait to read the rest! I love your shirts too. I'll have to check out that board here! Do they just make you the design and you print it on an iron-on transfer or do you order the whole shirt? They look great! My husband would never go for it, but my kids would love them!

:welcome: Glad you came by! THanks for the compliments. This is the one and only time my husband will wear "stupid" tshirts as he calls them. I guess it 's the one little bit of Disney spirit he has. Plus, he says he won't see anyone he knows anyway. The designers have a BUNCH of designs. You find one you like and ask them to customize it for you how you want and they do it. They are WONDERFUL, talented ladies. Yes, you just print them on transfer paper.

I haven't finished the report yet- but I had to say what a beautiful family! I have 3 boys as well- though they're much closer in age! (4,6 and 6)
I have to ask if you recall which designer did the Mickey head shirts for you? I couldn't find them after an extensive search!
Loved the Seaworld photos- great photography!
:thumbsup2

:welcome: Thanks for coming by! THank you for the compliments. Sounds like you have your hands full also. I can't remember right off hand which designer did which but I will try to find out and let you know. It was probably Amy (M_I_C_K_E_Y).
I love all the scenery at Sea World

Lovely report! Pictures are always a plus. I always feel that in the future when I have my own family, I'm going to end up with a family of boys (because I want a baby girl). Looking at your pictures and how wonderful your sons look makes me see that that wouldn't be bad at all! They're all such good sports to wear the same shirts and take all those pictures! I always imagined sons (based on my own brothers~) would refuse to do those things.

Cole in those sunglasses ... adorable! But I must say, I do really have a soft spot for Blake ... fellow middle child and all :)

Can't wait for more!

:welcome: Thsnks for coming! Boys are great. I wouldn't have it any other way. Besides, no girls means less drama and I am the "Queen" of the family.lol. The boys like the shirts (with their favorite characters) for now. I'm sure some day soon they will give me grief.

Great pix....

Too bad that Blake was too short for Hurl, but you're right. That ride does fling you around quite a bit.

Those character pix are too awesome.

The pix in front of the Tree of Life are great.

Can never have enough ketchup.

HEY! Yeah, he was upset but understanding. Love that you call it Hurl. I could definately see why you call it that.

I was glad we got to see some characters finally.

I love all the boys in their shades

Ok, after exiting dinoland we decided we needed to get our butts over to Khali River Rapids because we didn't want to miss this. The boys were very excited and of course hoping to get wet.

On the way there
D428.jpg

I decided to let their dad go with them first and see how wet he got. They LOVED it of course!
D433.jpg

HEY JORDAN, is that a mini peep of yours that I see in this photo?! lol
D434.jpg

Ok, see how they aren't very wet? STUPID me decided that since they hadn't gotten very wet surely I wouldn't. I mean, what are the odds of getting in that one seat that gets drenched?????
D435.jpg

PRETTY DARN GOOD when you've got my luck. Blake was very happy that he sat by me and we were in that spot. If you have rode this before you know there is one set of seats that if you are in those on the ramp part then when the raft lands in the water you will get DRENCHED. Well, as we were approaching the ramp things looked good. The lady across from me thought it was going to be her and I was ready to feel sorry for her. Then, at the last second, the raft moved slightly and I was locked into that spot. I knew as soon as it happened that I was screwed. I laughed it off and shrugged my shoulders though because I should have known I would get it.
D436.jpg

Notice how happy Dylan was to see me get soaked, lol

If we had done this earlier in the day (like we should have) it wouldn't have been as big of a deal. The problem was that it was now evening and would be getting dark soon. It was getting cooler and the sun was going down so there wasn't much hope of getting dry any time soon. I had thought ahead and put extra socks in our bag in case our feet got wet(we all had crocs on so no problem there). I made the dumb decision not to use the ponchos that were right in that same bag though.Anyway, we were able to change socks and at least have dry feet which slightly helped. Unfortunately this is when Cole decided he was tired and wanted mommy to hold him and nurse him to sleep. I didn't want to soak him though so I wasn't sure how I was going to do it. I ended up putting my jacket on over my soaked shirt (so much for air drying,lol) and he didn't get too wet that way. Blake was a little chilly also so he opted to put his jacket on too. We were all laughing about it and still having a great time but I really was quite chilly and miserable feeling. It might not have been so bad if I didn't have on jeans. If you've ever worn wet jeans though you know how heavy, cold and nasty feeling they are. ANYWAY....sorry I rambled on for so long about that. Moving on.....

We decided to go see some other things that we hadn't yet

D437.jpg

Nasty bats! I am not a bat person. Bats and spiders creep me out so I tried not to look while we were in this area. The boys of course love bats and creepy crawly things though so we just had to go through it.
D440.jpg

These beautiful guys are more to my liking
D442.jpg

D445.jpg

I couldn't get his picture fast enough so here is his back side
D446.jpg

D447.jpg

Finally it was time that we were going to make our way to EE. Along the way we saw a photopass person so we had to stop and take some pics. These pics crack me up because you can see the one dry spot on my entire body....look at the very bottom of my left leg....that's the ONLY dry spot I had left.
D448.jpg

D450.jpg

D451.jpg

D452.jpg

Up next....would we all ride EE???

great update and pics. That is the worst getting wet towards the end of the day.

I think u do all ride.

goodnight

Those 2 pix of Everest are perfect....

Again, those sleeping pix of Cole are classic...

Wet at the end of the day....not great. Still a great ride....kids still look like they were having fun wet pants and all...:thumbsup2

great update and pics. That is the worst getting wet towards the end of the day.

I think u do all ride.

goodnight

Yes, wet at end of day= big bummer

Sorry, but I will give you a hint....you are wrong

Those 2 pix of Everest are perfect....

Again, those sleeping pix of Cole are classic...

Wet at the end of the day....not great. Still a great ride....kids still look like they were having fun wet pants and all...:thumbsup2

Thanks about the pix of Everest, I rather like them myself.

Yeah, I wish he was awake for those pix but we got some of him by EE later.

We were all still having fun, just soggy, wet, cold fun...lol. Except Dh and Dylan of course....they felt pretty good,lol.

Hey....I had a special comment for you after the pic of Dylan getting off Khali. I wondered if you would notice it. Go back and take a looksie when you venture back here.

Great Update - love the pics! :thumbsup2 Sorry you got wet and cold - cold is bad. :sad2: I'm sorry to say that cold and wet just about ruins my day. WAH! I had jean shorts on once on Grizzly Bear at DL - never again. I always make sure I wear capris made of light material and ride early in the day, or I don't ride.

Aww you poor thing, getting that soaked is soo uncomfortable...at least you had fun, thats what matters. Question by the way....What camera did you use??? I love the pictures they came out EXCELLENT! loving the trip report as always... :)

It is a mini peep.......:thumbsup2

:woohoo: I just noticed her while I was going back over some things. Immediately thought of Jordan and his peeps,lol

Great Update - love the pics! :thumbsup2 Sorry you got wet and cold - cold is bad. :sad2: I'm sorry to say that cold and wet just about ruins my day. WAH! I had jean shorts on once on Grizzly Bear at DL - never again. I always make sure I wear capris made of light material and ride early in the day, or I don't ride.

Yeah, I will keep that in mind for sure next time. I will either wear light material or at the least take my pocho! Oh well, live and learn.

Great update - I've been following along - your boys are PRECIOUS!!!!

:welcome: Glad you are here and that you decided to say hi. Thanks for the compliment.

:sad2: i will never guess again. :rotfl2:

:rotfl: AWWWW, don't give up,lol.

i'm lovin' your report! :) more please!

:welcome: Thanks for coming by. I'm working on another update. Had a busy weekend.

Aww you poor thing, getting that soaked is soo uncomfortable...at least you had fun, thats what matters. Question by the way....What camera did you use??? I love the pictures they came out EXCELLENT! loving the trip report as always... :)

Yes, I agree, fun is what matters. That's why I tried not to let it bother me. I will just know better next time. The camera is a Sony Cybershot 7.2 I had been wanting a new digital camera for awhile and loved this one (partially because it came in a pretty teal color:thumbsup2 ) so my hubby surprised me with it a week before we left on our trip. It was a nice anniversary surprise.

Sorry I was MIA over the weekend. We had a busy one with Easter and birthday parties. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. We were hunting for eggs in the midst of snow where I live, YUCK!

Anyway, when I left off we were headed to EE. The boys had been talking about this ride for a LONG time. I was a little nervous about it because I have heard it is the worst one and my stomach isn't what it used to be. However, I would go with the boys if they wanted to go. We got over there and both of them still wanted to go (even after watching for awhile,lol) and so we got a babyswap pass ( even though DH had no plans of going on,lol) and we got in the que.
D455.jpg

There was practically no line. By the time we wound our way through the maze it only took us maybe 5 minutes to reach the top. After we got inside the queue a little bit Dylan started to get really nervous. He is famous for doing this sometimes. He works himself into almost a panic. If he actually goes through with whatever it is after awhile then he realizes it was silly and usually ends up loving it. So, I was trying to convince him he wouldn't want to miss it and that it would be ok, we were all nervous. He wasn't buying it. The further along we got the more panicked he became. I thought maybe if I told him I didn't think we could get out of the line once we were in it (even though I knew it would be fine) that maybe he would just go but that wasn't working either. When we got to the loading part I asked him a couple of more times if he was absolutely sure he didn't want to try it. He said that he was sure so I asked the Cm if I could walk him back down to his dad because he had changed his mind. He had no problem with it and showed us the way to go. He said we could cut to the front when we got back.

After we took him back down Blake and I headed up once again. Blake was still sure he wanted to try it even though we were both nervous. It ended up not being bad at all. I thought some of the other ones were worse. Blake and I both really liked it. Since it was getting late though and Dylan still said he would pass we decided not to go again.

We went to check out our picture because we figured it would be hysterical (we were both holding on to each other and probably looked pretty silly.) Unfortunately when we went back to see they said that the machines were broke down and they hadn't been able to view the pics all day.:confused: We were bummed out about that but oh well.

We were then ready to make our way to go back to some shops we had spotted souvenirs at earlier and look around some more on our way out of the park. We decided to get a few evening shots of EE on our way out of this area. THere was a photopass CM there again and so we got some more family shots also (once again, will post when I locate them on here).

D459.jpg

D461.jpg

After we got our souvenirs we were headed out of the park and saw a little cart selling churros!:cool1: Of course the nice warm churros were calling my name,lol. We got two to share and were on our way again.

Dylan entertaining Cole at the stand
D465.jpg

Right before we got to the entrance we saw this character!!
D466.jpg

She was just wandering around with a CM. The park (at least this area where we were at was completely empty(weird to us) so she came over and played with the boys for quite awhile. It was really nice and the perfect end to our wonderful first visit to AK.

One last pic of the Tree of Life, this time at night (not such a good shot, sorry)
D467.jpg

We decided to browse through Raind Forest Cafe on our way out because we had never been in one before.
D468.jpg

D472.jpg

D470.jpg

D471.jpg

We agreed it was a really neat place inside and that some day we would have to try eating here. (I'm a really picky eater so I was a little leary, and with the cost we decided to skip it this trip)

We left the park and went to a nearby Perkins to eat. We knew that we liked the food here and it was a nice quiet meal to help us wind down.

The boys liked these half and half cookies they got for dessert.
D473.jpg

Finally we layed our heads down to rest and dreamt of our wonderful time at the parks.
Cole with his new buddy ( he seemed to love Pluto the best every time we let him choose) I think this little guy is adorable, and the dog too...lol.
D474.jpg

Up next..... lunch at the Whispering Canyon Cafe (will anyone need ketchup?) and DTD.

:woohoo: you got to ride it. Sorry he got scared. I dragged Tiny (youngest with me) on it. :sad2: she screamed for Mommy and "save me Jesus". :rotfl2:

I love EE personally.

How nice they got to play with the character for a while on the way out.

great update and pcis.

Glad you got to ride EE! It is my new favorite, and I am sometimes a big chicken! Love the pic of baby Cole! So sweet! :angel:

Great pics, I always seem to find that I land in the seat that gets soaked too. I am a huge EE fan myself it's something you gotta do at least once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter