• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Baby's first trip to the world...my first TR w/lots of pics!!

Dylan_&_Blake's_mom

DIS Veteran
Ok, so I decided I would take a stab at this TR thing. I probably won't be any good at it but I wanted to do it for our next trip so I figured I'd dabble in it a little bit with the trip we took in November. Hopefully by the time our next trip (probably in Dec.) comes around I will know what I'm doing.

First I will tell you about the cast:

Me:Tracy, 26 years old. I am a very proud mother of 3 boys. They, along with their daddy, are my whole world. I'm completely addicted to Disney. My dad took my 2 brothers and I when I was 13 and then my husband and I took our older two boys in 2006 and since that trip and seeing it through their eyes I became obsessed with wanting to go to Disney. I hope to do it at least once a year.

DH:Jerry, 29 years old. He is not addicted to Disney :( In fact, he actually said the phrase " You do know we aren't going to Disney for every vacation right?" I'm working on him though.

DS: Dylan, 9 years old. He was easitly converted into a Disney World freak. He's a little bit more on the cautious side. He wants to do all coasters and such but then gets to nervous at the last second and changes his mind on some. He loves all things POTC and Star Wars.

DS: Blake, 7 years old. He also was easily converted. He is our little dare devil. He will try any coaster at least once and generally ends up loving them all. He also loves all things POTC and Star Wars.

DS: Cole, 10 months old. He is our baby boy who I am determined will also be a huge Disney fan. He loves the characters and I think he thought they were all big stuffed animals to cuddle. He is a very happy, charming little guy who everyone loves. He seems to like Pluto the best for now.

We decided to take our trip during the first week of November. We were going to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Sea World. I also had surprised my car obsessed hubby with one of his dreams. He was going to drive a Nascar type car in the Richard Petty Driving Experience for our 10th anniversary which happened to fall during this vacation. I'm scared of flying so we were driving to Florida. It takes 19 hours to get there from where we live. We were stopping just over half way to spend the night in a hotel and then go the rest of the way the next day. We knew it would take little longer this time because we had our 6 month old (at the time) with us who was still breast fed only.

Without further adu (Spelling?) I will begin. Since I didn't actually plan on doing a TR for this one I probably won't have much detail. Pretty much just pictures and whatever I can remember. As I said this is really just a trial run for next time. I hope I get a few people to come along for the ride.

The first day on the road was pretty uneventfull. We took off a little bit behind schedule but not too bad. The older boys were set up with DVD players, books, crayons, toys, etc. The baby was in the middle of them so that they could help entertain him.

Here is Blake:
003_3.jpg

Here is Dylan:
004_4.jpg

Here is sweet baby Cole who fell asleep holding brothers hand:
008_8.jpg

Here is my husband, Jerry driving:
024_24.jpg

After a very long first two days we finally made it to Florida!! We stopped at the welcome center first of course to stretch our legs and take a much needed break before heading to Orlando.

036_36.jpg

037_37.jpg

Everyone had to sample the yummy Florida orange juice!
045_45.jpg

046_46.jpg

052_52.jpg

Then we hit the road again and headed to our resort. We were staying at the Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa in Orlando. We had stayed at their leisure resort last year and were excited to stay at the main place. When we finally arrived it was dark and everyone was tired but glad to stop and be at our destination. We took time to explore the resort before crashing for the night.

065_65.jpg

This is our bedroom. It had patio to balcony.
068_68.jpg

giant whirpool tub in our room
069_69.jpg

Living room with patio to balcony over looking gorgeous pool
070_70.jpg

dining room/kitchen
071_71.jpg

older boys' room
073_73.jpg

just to show how big the tub was.
076_76.jpg

part of the pool our room overlooked ( back of the main building)
079_79.jpg

Well, I guess that's enough pics for one post. I hope I will have some people to come along with me and I will start our first official day in the next post. Where will we go first?????

I'll be the first to say hello! You're doing a great job so far, and you're boys are adorable. I love that you all jumped in the tub for a picture...im show the boys thought they could swim in there! Cole seems like such a happy baby. I just want to grab those cheeks! Looking forward to reading more.

Kate

Great job on your trip report...If i didnt have to go to work now I would read more...But your children are gorgous...They really are! Congratulations.

My parents own a timeshare with westgate...Isnt it great to stay there...its soo convenient!

Ill be back on later to read more and reply too...Bye bye.

We woke up very excited to be in Florida!

084_84.jpg

The plan for the day was to go to Sea World. We wanted to do it first so it didn't seem like a let down after WDW. I LOVE dolphins so we just have to come here while in Florida. We took a pic of the boys by my favorite fountain and headed off to SW.
085_85.jpg

087_87.jpg

089_89.jpg

The first thing we came across was the line to see Shamu so we went ahead and hopped in it.

091_91.jpg

095_95.jpg

It was already pretty warm out even though it was early and so when we came across this mister the boys just 'had' to go in.
098_98.jpg

Much to my kids dismay I am a picutre nut (took over 900 this trip) so there are a lot of times we have to stop for a photo op. This is one of them.
102_102.jpg

Then it was on to the penguins. They are Blake's favorite! This photo cracks me up how they are all lined up.
104_104.jpg

more in next post, don't want to make my posts too big.

Great job on your trip report...If i didnt have to go to work now I would read more...But your children are gorgous...They really are! Congratulations.

My parents own a timeshare with westgate...Isnt it great to stay there...its soo convenient!

Ill be back on later to read more and reply too...Bye bye.

YAY:yay: my first reader. Thanks for coming along! Westgate is a gorgeous place. We love it there. Your parents are very lucky. Unfortunately we have to stay somewhere else next time. (we didn't purchase a time share) Thank you for the comments on my boys. Of course I think they are the most handsome boys in all the world but it's nice to hear others comment on them as well. They are wonderful boys.

I'll be the first to say hello! You're doing a great job so far, and you're boys are adorable. I love that you all jumped in the tub for a picture...im show the boys thought they could swim in there! Cole seems like such a happy baby. I just want to grab those cheeks! Looking forward to reading more.

Kate

OH MY GOSH!! SO SORRY. I guess YOU are my first reader. :cool1: I'm so glad to have people come along on this journey with me. I hope I can do and ok job. Like I said, I've never done this before so bare with me. Thank you for the comments on my boys. Cole is a very happy baby, that is what everyone says about him...we are blessed for sure with all 3. Yes, the boys did pretty much think of it as a pool. We put them all in there a couple of times and they loved it, especially Cole.

I will add my 2 cents as well - your boys are precious! That baby is just beautiful! Don't worry about the trip report writing - it gets easier. I did my first one (well, still writing it actually :rolleyes1 ) and at first I was very intimidated, but rest assured it does get a lot easier (either that or you just don't care about it sounding good anymore ;) )

You take great pictures! :thumbsup2

Can't wait for more...

Sara

Your pics are so adorable! I can't wait to see more!!

P.S. That hotel looks very nice!

I will add my 2 cents as well - your boys are precious! That baby is just beautiful! Don't worry about the trip report writing - it gets easier. I did my first one (well, still writing it actually :rolleyes1 ) and at first I was very intimidated, but rest assured it does get a lot easier (either that or you just don't care about it sounding good anymore ;) )

You take great pictures! :thumbsup2

Can't wait for more...

Sara

Thanks for reading and for the comments on my babies! Your children are beautiful also. I will be popping in when I can to read your TR. I don't plan on winning any writing awards that's for sure. I don't remember every detail because I didn't plan on writing a TR this time but like I said, I'm just trying to get my feet wet for next time. Thanks for the encouragement.

Your pics are so adorable! I can't wait to see more!!

P.S. That hotel looks very nice!

Thank you and thanks for reading, I'm so glad to have people come check it out. The resort was very nice.

Right outside the penguin house we saw a coin press so Blake chose the penguin one of course.

108_108.jpg

Then it was on to the shark encounter. The aquariums there are beautiful.

This was actually some sort of sea horse, it looked like a plant.
111_111.jpg

Then the sharks
114_114.jpg

Outside the shark place you can view some sharks and stingrays
118_118.jpg

When we left the shark area Cole had just had enough and crashed on my shoulder.
120_120.jpg

We wandered around some just looking at different things.
123_123.jpg

126_126.jpg

127_127.jpg

131_131.jpg

Cole was still sleeping peacefully
132_132.jpg

so we decided to get a bite to eat.
135_135.jpg

and the boys thought about where we would go next
134_134.jpg

What will we do next?

So far soo great, your pics are really good. Im liking the trip report...Cant wait for more!!!!!!!

oooh by the way i was at sea world in november as well....the weather was nice to be at seaworld!

I'm joining!!! Love your TR so far - and your children are beautiful! Can't wait to read more. By the way - I'm not very patient...so you're going to have to keep this moving along!!! :woohoo:

I am loving your trip report, and your children are absolutely adorable. Do you have to have a timeshare to stay at Westgate?

Your boys are sooo cute. I love the picture of Cole "standing" in front of the Welcome to Florida sign. ;)
Thanks for posting pix of Sea World, too. I haven't been there in probably 20 years or more so it was fun to see what it looks like now! If I can tear myself away from WDW (ha, don't count on it) next trip, I might have to spend a day there. :laughing:
Can't wait to read more!

I'm in! Your boys are so adorable and happy! Great choice to see Sea World first - you have given me a great idea for my boys when they go. Thanks!

I'm joining!!! Love your TR so far - and your children are beautiful! Can't wait to read more. By the way - I'm not very patient...so you're going to have to keep this moving along!!! :woohoo:

:welcome: Glad to see your joining! Thank you for the comments. I will try to keep the updates coming quickly. It's all up to the baby's nap schedule and such.

I am loving your trip report, and your children are absolutely adorable. Do you have to have a timeshare to stay at Westgate?

:welcome: Thank you for the comments. You don't have to own a timeshare but unfortunately you do have to attend a meeting where they try and sell you a timeshare. It is very 'high pressure'. I wouldn't recommend it unless you are looking to buy one or are very adament with your "NO's" and get out of there before it ruins your day. It is a very nice place though.

Your boys are sooo cute. I love the picture of Cole "standing" in front of the Welcome to Florida sign. ;)
Thanks for posting pix of Sea World, too. I haven't been there in probably 20 years or more so it was fun to see what it looks like now! If I can tear myself away from WDW (ha, don't count on it) next trip, I might have to spend a day there. :laughing:
Can't wait to read more!

:welcome: Thanks again for the comments. We try to go to Sea World so I can see dolphins and I love their scenery.

I'm in! Your boys are so adorable and happy! Great choice to see Sea World first - you have given me a great idea for my boys when they go. Thanks!

:welcome:
Thanks again. I think it was a wise plan to do it first. It would have been a let down otherwise.

We decided to go to Blue Horizons. It's a beautiful dolphin show they have there. If you ever go it is not to be missed, really neat. I'm trying to not overload you on pictures so I will limit it to a few.

waiting for the show to start
148_148.jpg

Love this costume (supposed to be like one of the Mccaws (?) )
167_167.jpg

178_178.jpg

181_181.jpg

After we walked out of the show we saw the some of the cast was taking pictures and there wasn't really a line so of course we had to get some. Anyone notice how tall the main guy is (gray & blue suit) ?
185_185.jpg

THen we went off to "pet" the stingrays. THe boys thought this was really cool. I opted not to touch them so I don't know,lol.
187_187.jpg

This guy look like a supervisor of some sorts.
190_190.jpg

While we were walking around we saw a photo op so after we took a couple pics of eachother with the boys some nice lady walked by and offered to get a family shot. Don't you just love running across such nice people at the parks?!
195_195.jpg

Cole just being his normal "happy" self (playing with his feet)
197_197.jpg

Some of the beautiful scenery at SW. I absolutely love how beautiful this place is.
199_199.jpg

D23.jpg

D25.jpg

D26.jpg

A nice picture spot. (not a good pic of me but then again there aren't many of those,lol)
D28.jpg

So pretty!
D29.jpg

After walking around some more we decided to catch the later showiing of their new Shamu show "Believe". Just a note, last year when we went(before baby) we got there early and got a perfect spot, right in the middle 2nd row back. We did this on purpose as the boys wanted to be one of the people to get soaked by Shamu. Before the show they kept saying how soaked you'd get if you didn't move at least 3/4's of the way back so we thought we were in for it. Turns out EVERYONE around us ended up getting drenched but somehow it missed us everytime. While this was ok with their dad and I we had two very dissappointed boys. I felt bad, but hey, we tried. So, anyway, this year they of course asked if we could sit in the soak zone again. We were a little worried about the baby but we had ponchos this time so we said we'd try to get a good seat. Well, we got a good seat once again. Pretty up front and this time a little to the side (as that is where seemed to get it more last time). We got our ponchos out (to cover the baby not the boys, they wanted to get wet remember) and prepared to get soaked.
The new show is absolutely beautiful! I love how they put up these neat rotating screens.
D211.jpg

D217.jpg

D222.jpg

D228.jpg

D232.jpg

Ok, so just HOW wet did we get??? Well, we didn't. Not even hardly a drop! Once again we were among the few to NOT get wet. SORRY boys, we really do try....maybe next time!?

Then we had some shopping to do, the boys had a certain amount of souvenire money for each park and such. Then on our way out we waited in line to see our pics that the park had taken.
D245.jpg

He really wasn't mad, he said he just didn't know I was taking the picture.

Finally we headed back to the resort exhausted from our first wonderful day.
The boys just had to play with their new toys while we ordered pizza for supper.
D252.jpg

Then it was off to bed. Where would we go tomorrow????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter